Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

here

Birdstrike posted:

he’s just so transparent about it

b-minus1 posted:

Pretty much this. Plus I wanted to lynch merk over AA partially because I thought he could be scum. But I was absolutely certain that AA was not scum. I’ve seen his town game many times (yeah I know he flipped sk whatever).

quoting this because of b-minus1's input

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I mean, Birb's frustration at getting his alignment changed feels totally genuine and maybe he was doing it to save Mags and also because he's annoyed he was recruited.

Maybe Birb's flip will be "Birb, whatever town cult-aligned" and that'll show he was recruited, but if he just flips as whatever-aligned it's not really going to clear it up.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Asiina as recruiter with no ability to protect herself seems a decent strategy to claim survivor too after seeing night kills.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Asiina as recruiter with no ability to protect herself seems a decent strategy to claim survivor too after seeing night kills.

Yeah I mean I'm legit worried I'm going to get blamed for this if he flips cult.

I'm really not the recruiter and honestly wish I knew there might be cult mechanics in the game because I don't enjoy cults, but we can talk about it tomorrow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Asiina posted:

Yeah I mean I'm legit worried I'm going to get blamed for this if he flips cult.

I'm really not the recruiter and honestly wish I knew there might be cult mechanics in the game because I don't enjoy cults, but we can talk about it tomorrow.

I honestly don't care about anything you say in this game moving forward. You're a claimed third party who will say anything to achieve your win condition, which none of us know. I am sorry.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Fair, but unless you vig me you can't lynch me on your own so I have a chance to convince other people I'm what I say I am.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

~feels~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdZEumNRmI

Max
Nov 30, 2002

M

hambeet posted:

oh i did forgot that, i was going to bring it up earlier when casing birb, but was taken down a different path of discussion and forgot about it.

he said he was openly transparent.

b-minus agreed too though

Yeah he did. Reticent to lunch a doc but that’s a good piece of info to keep in mind if birb flips cult.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lets end the day soon so maybe the thread opens up before tomorrow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Max posted:

M

Yeah he did. Reticent to lunch a doc but that’s a good piece of info to keep in mind if birb flips cult.

What exactly do you think that will tell you?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote birb

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
something about this feels off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You said that yesterday when we lynched a Serial Killer.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

something about this feels off.

What feels off about birb claiming to have his alignment change?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm awake, if we're fine ending the day early I can vote now. Bird's at -2.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
This feels rushed

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I was waiting to see which lurker would rush to the vote leader's defense today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It’s not lylo. He’s scum claimed. Let’s go.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We have someone who has explicitly claimed an alignment change and people are saying, "Gee I don't know about this guys!!"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

willie_dee posted:

This feels rushed

It's a little rush but birb did scumclaim, so I'm more fine with it than I would be otherwise.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I was waiting to see which lurker would rush to the vote leader's defense today.

Who're we still waiting on? Yami? I don't think Yami has posted at all today.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also I forgot to bring this up before I went to bed but cult mechanic would explain why I get 'Town' or 'Not Town'.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyway I'll vote birb in like 40 minutes (~noon American Eastern Time) if there are no other objections just to put him at -1.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
it makes no sense for birb to scum claim. I think it's more likely that he started the game scum-aligned and was recruited to a 3rd party faction.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
so we're gonna give lurkers a pass again and end the day prematurely. cool....

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

b-minus1 posted:

it makes no sense for birb to scum claim. I think it's more likely that he started the game scum-aligned and was recruited to a 3rd party faction.

This is what I am thinking, but I have not followed what has happened and would like some time to catch up before people hammer. This game is moving very fast at times in between a lot of nonsense and bickering. It is difficult to follow. I think I already made a mistake thinking someone had claimed something when they were quoting something someone else has claimed and now I'm all turned around.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

We have someone who has explicitly claimed an alignment change and people are saying, "Gee I don't know about this guys!!"

I'm not necessarily doubting the alignment change. i just feel like this turbo benefits scum more than town.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If there's a scum team they've either be purposefully withholding kills or don't have a NK, the kills don't really seem to match up otherwise unless you've been super godlike and protected the right person each night b-, which is possible but I highly doubt.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I'm not necessarily doubting the alignment change. i just feel like this turbo benefits scum more than town.

We can wait another 34 hours and the lurkers still won't post.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Actually this is p simple, we can ask TMM if lurker mechanics will fire off if we end the day early.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Also what did you get? We're on day 4 without a single flipped scum, being coy is probably not a great idea.

Like was it a message? An item? A ticket? What?

Do I answer this? I don't know who is scum and who isn't so I don't know if I should reveal what I have received. I am town so if more than one person can tell me to just blurt it out I will. (It might not be a big deal but its certainly a thing more than "stay woke")

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If you think that it might be information that benefits town, you should say it. Town gets nothing from you continuing to hide it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Monathin posted:

If you think that it might be information that benefits town, you should say it. Town gets nothing from you continuing to hide it.

This. Doubly so now that birb is claiming his alignment changed after he received a message.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I got an "insight" that Yami Fenrir is indeed Daphne Blake, Mystery Inc, it did not say they were Town or anything else, nor did it say what their skills were.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

willie_dee posted:

I got an "insight" that Yami Fenrir is indeed Daphne Blake, Mystery Inc, it did not say they were Town or anything else, nor did it say what their skills were.

Well, uh, wow.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
:siren:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
oh wait. yami already claimed his flavor name. lol

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Yea when they quit out they said what they were, but it appears to be just flavour.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m around. Any reason not to vote birb right now?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Im around. Any reason not to vote birb right now?

I'd like to get a ruling call from TMM on whether lurker mechanics will fire off since that's still a problem we need to address, but I'm fine with voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Why was the thread closed for like 30 seconds :tinfoil:

• Locked thread