Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Did someone say they ate pizza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Do not worry about lurker rules if you lynch early.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

Why was the thread closed for like 30 seconds :tinfoil:

Because I tried to make a post and accidentally hit close cause it's the top button on the app.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

TMMadman posted:

Do not worry about lurker rules if you lynch early.

Good enough for me.

##vote birb fare thee well, birbstrike.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

b-minus1 posted:

oh wait. yami already claimed his flavor name. lol

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this but I have asked the admin to try and coax back yami into playing. Seems a shame to be a main character down and hopefully they can enjoy the game now it's not so inside veteran focused and bickery

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
wait did votfinder not count that, bah,

##vote birdstrike

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

willie_dee posted:

Did someone say they ate pizza?

I am guessing someone ate pizza, because it's now listed as sold out.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Monathin posted:

wait did votfinder not count that, bah,

##vote birdstrike

It counted your vote both times.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Anyone want to admit to eating pizza?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

willie_dee posted:

Anyone want to admit to eating pizza?

Don't fat shame.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Mr. Humalong posted:

It counted your vote both times.

Huh, didn't update for me, oh well!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote bird

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Birdstrike (9): Asphyxious, hambeet, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, merk, Mr. Humalong, Asiina, Max, Quidthulhu, Monathin, Monathin, Monathin, Your Personal Muse
Asiina (1): Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Your Personal Muse (0): merk, merk
Yami Fenrir (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike
Mr. F! (0): Max, merk, Asiina, merk, Asiina, Max

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, Birdstrike, Tommunist, willie_dee, Yami Fenrir, Zyxyz

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 27th, 2018 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Quick flip. I may add flavor later.

"Pretty" Patty Miller, Carnival Guest, Vanilla Town Cultist has been unmasked on D4!

Please submit your night actions ASAP. If I get all the night actions before 10pm CST then I will almost certainly reopen the game tonight.

But the hard deadline will be 7am CST Thursday the 27th, so I can open the day before I go to work.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Due to the appearance of a cult, I have prodded some of the lurkers to check the thread.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Things were getting weird at the Carnival. Nobody knew who was safe anymore. The group had solved the mystery of the Coaster Creature, but now they had something new that was maybe more dangerous. The sounds of the Carnival seemed much more muted and softer, but that didn’t make it any easier for anyone. In fact, it made it somehow made it much worse.

As the day broke, the group gathered around and found that, once again, everyone had lived through the night. However, that only made everyone more uneasy given the previous day.

Nobody has died N4!

The deadline is 9pm CST, Friday September 28th.

Finally, a note on lurkers. I am going to officially put Zyxyz and Yami Fenrir ON NOTICE. I have poked both of them and would like to see if they come back given the changed nature of the game. For the most part, everyone has actually been posting and yesterday was a shortened day.

However, I am considering opening the Dunk Tank after 24 hours of this day has passed. The Dunk Tank would essentially turn the day into a limited lights out lynch, but would not extend the deadline. The regular lynch and the Dunk Tank would have the same deadline. Feel free to express your opinions about this option.

---------------------------------------

If you have a TICKET, one ticket may be exchanged for one the following attractions or items:

Rides:
Ferris Wheel
Tilt-A-Whirl

Game:
Balloon Darts

Food:
Cotton Candy
French Fries
Slushie

Sold out or Needs Maintenance:
Corn Dog
Lemonade
Shoot the Star
Cheeseburger
Soft Pretzel
Roller Coaster
Pizza
Drop Tower
Water Gun Fun

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (16): Asiina, Asphyxious, b-minus1, Birdstrike, hambeet, Max, merk, Monathin, Mr. F!, Mr. Humalong, Quidthulhu, Tommunist, willie_dee, Yami Fenrir, Your Personal Muse, Zyxyz

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 28th, 2018 at 9 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Please note, that votecount is wrong. I forgot to remove Birdstrike. It's fixed now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't like cults because you can't really look at someone's previous statements, because they may have changed alignments.

I'm going back to doing this for the I don't even know how many days in a row ##vote Mags

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah, I apologize to the new people for the cult game.

But as for the rest of you...

*whistles innocently and glances at the title*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also it looks like there might just be a cult and no scumteam, since once again no NK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What happened to the lurker gun?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

Obviously ##vote AA

You can say whatever you want and I will consider it in true good faith, but excuse me if I take everything you say with a grain of salt. Especially since in one post you call my case desperation with exactly no votes against me, and the next post you set me up to continue your crusade against me if I don't believe your "structural analysis".

I will always hear you out, but I've come to the conclusion recently that I am a blind spot for you. You call me scum 100% of the time, and that's ok, I think I rub you the wrong way, so I've just taken to considering whether you believe your case against me or if you just see me as an easy target. Right now, I don't think you believe your case against me because the way the game has turned out and your case on me, I just don't see how you believe the alignment of merk and AA has anything to do with me.

Just so I can get it on the record before the words fall from my brain (I know there is more going on but whatever):

Gaspy thinks I'm scum. So far he's offered two reasons for it, and both of these reason contradict the idea that my alignment is tied to Merk or AA:

1) Gut. Fine, some of my cases start out as gut cases. But why would a gut case have anything to do and revolve around the alignment of two other people? Gut cases are isolated, and all of the times he has called me scum, merk and AA were not part of the picture. Gut cases are what you feel, and should not rise and fall based on the speculative alignments of two other players.

2) The KB vote. Again, I understand the KB vote goes against the meta of SA and I will get some slack for it. I may have misread the thread's predilection for murdering KB, but I think that even if I was right, people would still be suspicious. But the KB vote had nothing to do with Merk and AA.

I think Gaspy's whole "structural analysis" addendum to his belief is to make it seem like he is being reasonable and not just making reads up out of thin air. Maybe I will become a believer once he actually tells me his case, but I really don't see how anyone who truly believes I'm scum can tie me to AA and Merk.

I'll quote this tomorrow when everyone isn't talking about AA.

##vote Gaspy

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also woke stay

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Oh yeah, I apologize to the new people for the cult game.

But as for the rest of you...

*whistles innocently and glances at the title*

holy poo poo!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

4 people didn't make it to 10 posts yesterday:

Zyxyz
Yami Fenrir
YPM
Tommunist

I personally believe YPM only missed because the day was shortened. Zyxyz and Yami hadn't missed before, so I decided to officially put them on notice because of the changed nature of the game.

I suppose I could put Tommunist officially on notice, but he could have made it to 10 posts yesterday if the day hadn't been shortened.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
YPM give it up. Not only am I Town I can prove it if pushed. Case someone else, you’re being lazy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

holy poo poo!

Want some real fun?

Check the OP and the N0 post.

I've been waiting to lord those things over you people!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

holy poo poo!

idgi is the bad guy in this scooby doo a cult?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

YPM give it up. Not only am I Town I can prove it if pushed. Case someone else, you’re being lazy.

I asked you to prove it. You refused. Don’t call me lazy when you hand waived me away when I took you up on your offer to prove it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Max posted:

For some reason I thought TMM was using lurker guns because they’ve been in so many games I’ve recently played. He’s not, though.

I would definitely agree that there is a cult and no scum team. I would also agree with a Mags vote.

##vote mags

Binus is possibly also cult. Getting the claimed doctor on your side would be a very good move because who would suggest a doctor lunch? On the other hand, if it’s a cult then there’s no more night kills so a doctor is basically another VT.

I’m assuming cult don’t have a night kill, at least. Is that typical here? ToL had a cult faction and they still had a night kill on even nights.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cult usually don't have a NK, no.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

idgi is the bad guy in this scooby doo a cult?

look closer at the title...

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
oh i get it

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Your Personal Muse posted:

I asked you to prove it. You refused. Don’t call me lazy when you hand waived me away when I took you up on your offer to prove it.

The offer to prove it that was completely invalidated by the pin of that case flipping 3P? That I explained 3 times? TO YOU SPECIFICALLY.

You’re lazy voting, not participating and scum.

##vote Your Personal Muse

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah okay that's pretty good.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

The offer to prove it that was completely invalidated by the pin of that case flipping 3P? That I explained 3 times? TO YOU SPECIFICALLY.

You’re lazy voting, not participating and scum.

##vote Your Personal Muse

Then prove it now. You just said you could.

And you are telling me you can’t possibly just explain how merk or AA flipping scum has anything to do with me?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Everyone was having a good time exploring the Carnival and finally beginning to relax, but suddenly things began to get strange. Moving back towards the center of the midway, the Mystery Inc gang felt the unseen eyes of something watching them. As they looked around for trouble, the same agitation swept through the crowd as it began to murmur around them . Glancing up, the gang saw the source of the commotion - the Coaster Creature!

The large, ugly creature roared from the top of the roller coaster track, before somehow sliding down the tracks to the station and scaring away the waiting riders. Leaping from the station, the monster ran towards the midway with a throng of screaming guests fleeing in front of it. Upending tables as it stomped through the food court, the thing seemed intent on causing as much chaos as possible. Charging down the midway, the Coaster Creature sent the remaining observers scattering for safety - luckily, most of the crowd made it out of the exit before the gates suddenly slammed shut, causing the Coaster Creature to sprint into the shadows and disappear.

After everyone came out of hiding, the remaining people gathered in the center of the midway and discussed their options. Since they were trapped in the Carnival, they all felt that they should have a little fun - the workers even agreed to open some of the attractions every day. The group of strangers weren’t sure who they could trust or what happened to that Coaster Creature, but it was on all their minds. In the end, they decided that they would try to solve this mystery and hope for the best.

Only because I've been waiting forever to point out this post.

Read it carefully. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

For some reason I thought TMM was using lurker guns because they’ve been in so many games I’ve recently played. He’s not, though.

I would definitely agree that there is a cult and no scum team. I would also agree with a Mags vote.

##vote mags

Binus is possibly also cult. Getting the claimed doctor on your side would be a very good move because who would suggest a doctor lunch? On the other hand, if it’s a cult then there’s no more night kills so a doctor is basically another VT.

I’m assuming cult don’t have a night kill, at least. Is that typical here? ToL had a cult faction and they still had a night kill on even nights.

Yeah I think birds soft defense of mags looks mighty bad. Want to see how mags flips before dunking on b-.

Also don’t want to vote yet to give people a chance to come in.

• Locked thread