Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22fCjpXwOz8

:grovertoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Clash' shield charge range is fine. She's supposed to be able to harass/push. The only thing I'd change about her right now, without further testing, is the shield weapon swap.

RN with clash you basically can't look away from her until you've either backpedaled to behind cover or you're in range to melee. Latter being actually dangerous rn because a decent clash will see it coming and employ games to mess with you too.

typing that out i guess I don't have a huge problem with her...if you're losing to a clash 1v1 it's probably your fault

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Her weapon swap speed is a little too generous but otherwise she is a very fun operator who ads a lot to the game. Having a defensive operator who can plug a thermite hole in consulate’s garage or stand in the open area window on consulate is extremely interesting.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q3nGmrmOdk&t=90s

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Tokubetsu posted:

Clash' shield charge range is fine. She's supposed to be able to harass/push. The only thing I'd change about her right now, without further testing, is the shield weapon swap.

RN with clash you basically can't look away from her until you've either backpedaled to behind cover or you're in range to melee. Latter being actually dangerous rn because a decent clash will see it coming and employ games to mess with you too.

typing that out i guess I don't have a huge problem with her...if you're losing to a clash 1v1 it's probably your fault

How do you get in range to melee with someone who can backpedal faster than you walk when tazed?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

It takes a short time, but she doesn't have infinite taser battery. The slow debuff lingers for a bit after being zapped, but you can make progress (maybe not as speed 1). The main risk of that is that you have to slowly chase after her, so you can easily get lead into traps or backup.

Personally, the fast swap speed hasn't really bothered me too much, I just think of it as a tad slower than a small shield like blitz or fuse. I wouldn't slowly walk at those without aiming at their heads or shoulders, so I wouldn't do it to clash.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

nice clip of a fuze who wasted all his charges on nothing and then got saved by pistol spread RNG when he should have gotten rekt by pulse, i guess?

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

nice clip of a fuze who wasted all his charges on nothing and then got saved by pistol spread RNG when he should have gotten rekt by pulse, i guess?

So maybe 90% of the video could have been cut, but that breaching charge play was tight. No need to be rude dude.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fuzes dumping cluster charges into random places they haven't scouted, to predictably no effect, is a personal pet peeve. Especially since he was paying zero attention to his team. Just in his own little world of floors and gadget buttons.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Fuzes dumping cluster charges into random places they haven't scouted, to predictably no effect, is a personal pet peeve. Especially since he was paying zero attention to his team. Just in his own little world of floors and gadget buttons.

i agree and it's why I TK a lot as fuze, gotta danger close

if you get good enough with the gadget I"m sure you can avoid the hostage on occasion too

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

On the other hand, putting a single charge into one objective room even sight unseen can often be a decent investment just because it'll clear out whatever Gu/Kapkan/Frost/ADS/Barbed Wire/etc. ahead of time with little risk to yourself.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I for sure could have been better with the charges, but that was mostly posted for the breaching charge. All my fuziness actually pushed every single defender up to the 2nd floor to engage me, so I consider that a job (pretty) well done.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

slap me and kiss me posted:

I for sure could have been better with the charges, but that was mostly posted for the breaching charge. All my fuziness actually pushed every single defender up to the 2nd floor to engage me, so I consider that a job (pretty) well done.

Please don't respond to cup runneth over

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Almost got 2 aces in the last 3 days...starting to win more gunfights...think I'm actually getting better.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Fuze owns.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
I'll second that. I play Fuze a ton in Casual but when I play ranked I rarely pick him. Probably because of some stigma of a more or less useless Operator that is only good for killing things and I try not to tilt my teammates based off my Op picks (can you tell I played too much Overwatch yet) but he's so fun and incredibly useful when played right.

Also that breaching charge kill was loving excellent :swoon:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Thief posted:

Fuze owns.

He's great. I saw him on Millenium in Pro League last weekend playing shield and pistol, he kicked rear end.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I kinda feel like with the potential upcoming changes to how Thatcher works, Fuze might start getting more play as a gadget destroyer.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

slap me and kiss me posted:

I kinda feel like with the potential upcoming changes to how Thatcher works, Fuze might start getting more play as a gadget destroyer.

Running Jager's ADSs out of ammo and destroying all the barbed wire and Frost traps and whatnot in a room is enough reason to bring him already. Being good at killing is the best thing you can be in this game so being that on top of clearing out all gadgets is pretty loving good.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Some day there will be an op that turns reinforced stuff into regular stuff and that will be Fuze's day to shine.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Some day there will be an op that turns reinforced stuff into regular stuff and that will be Fuze's day to shine.

I jokingly suggested an attacker that just has some plywood he could insert into Maverick/Thermite/Hibana holes so you could Fuze the new hole and then we thought about it some more and declared it good.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Orv posted:

I jokingly suggested an attacker that just has some plywood he could insert into Maverick/Thermite/Hibana holes so you could Fuze the new hole and then we thought about it some more and declared it good.

Yeah that's great, I like it because you still need to hard breach so it's 3 ops together for a devastating punch.

Not enough voltroning in this game imo (I kid! I wouldn't want a bunch of "combos")

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'm still waiting for stepladder man. He would be great on attack and defense.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Yeah that's great, I like it because you still need to hard breach so it's 3 ops together for a devastating punch.

Not enough voltroning in this game imo (I kid! I wouldn't want a bunch of "combos")

My dude have you tried Maverick and a shield op. It's pretty dumb because from the moment you open that hole if they look away for a quarter second they die. And they're not usually smart enough to take turns.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I haven't, actually. But I'm going to pair up and try. I've been working on my Blitz and he is getting better.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Orv posted:

My dude have you tried Maverick and a shield op. It's pretty dumb because from the moment you open that hole if they look away for a quarter second they die. And they're not usually smart enough to take turns.

Mav/Monty/Glaz is loving bananas.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fart Car '97 posted:

Please don't respond to cup runneth over

This would actually be preferable to the uninspired dunks some of you try to land when I post something mildly controversial

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I frequently will use fuze charges in locations where the munitions will have no actual damaging effect (floor below obj, above but not into obj) to cover a push / as a distraction and this usually works for me, if I can't actually use them to harm opponents or gadgets

Never watched the clip in question tho

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Fuze charges shouldn't be used for getting kills unless you're really confident that you're gonna wing someone camping, and even then you can probably just shoot them. They're best used for clearing a room or forcing the enemy to shift to a more vulnerable position. Imo, the placements in the video could have been more effective in other places. But he also had the knowledge to place them in different directions, which at least greatly increased the area coverage. At the end of the day, he got three kills with a shield loadout, and clowned Cav with a breach charge, which is good enough.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Ok I tried that Maverick + Blitz combo and it's real good. Plus I'm getting better with Blitz and that dude is a fuckin' monster.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I quite like Fuze’s shield loadout. His pistol is basically a 6-shot DMR.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Blitz is a beast and I've mained him for over two years. He has only gotten scarier as time went on, even if the batteries in his shield are running low on juice now.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Blitz is a beast and I've mained him for over two years. He has only gotten scarier as time went on, even if the batteries in his shield are running low on juice now.

Yeah I was pulling off wild poo poo, I took on 3 people at once and won. I am no pro but I am feeling like he works best as a weird combination of being REALLY rushdown but then playing really patient and working your spacing, kind of reminds me of fighting games just a bit.

Also it's really funny when people go for your shoulder and you stand up, then they go for your legs and you crouch down, on consoles it's not easy for them to re-adjust.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Playing Rainbow Six then playing CSGO, man has R6 spoiled me. I still don't understand why bullets come out sideways or upwards from the gun even if your crosshairs are perfectly on the person in CSGO. I get that it's an arcade shooter and R6 is more realistic, but couldn't they have just added a recoil kick but your bullets still went where your crosshairs was? And dying to people jumping around corners at Mach 2 is frustrating.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CSGO strives to just be an updated, marginally more noob-friendly version of the same game that the same people have been playing for the past 20 years. The "design" decisions made in it are actually just backwards compatibility for a game built on Valve's bastardization of the Quake engine.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the best part of playing ranked when solo is that people like mewmew152 will show up every now and then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqsegtwQiWs

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What is even the reason to use the AR-33 over the L85?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
do you play on night mode thief? your videos sound like a michael bay movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ginOii7N6HI

I actually forgot how dumb this movie was lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Qubee posted:

Playing Rainbow Six then playing CSGO, man has R6 spoiled me. I still don't understand why bullets come out sideways or upwards from the gun even if your crosshairs are perfectly on the person in CSGO. I get that it's an arcade shooter and R6 is more realistic, but couldn't they have just added a recoil kick but your bullets still went where your crosshairs was? And dying to people jumping around corners at Mach 2 is frustrating.

Siege is still an arcade shooter. It was just designed this century. There's a reason there's a big CSGO transplant community in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What is even the reason to use the AR-33 over the L85?

Recoil.