Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/Meehltime/status/1044932335194591233

Seriously, gently caress the haters!

https://twitter.com/Maxedoutmexico/status/1044601679990013953

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
bowsette is good and powerful but I'm mainly into the general theme of 'put a crown on every mario enemy' that grew from it. There's some cute rear end goomba-ette and chomp-ette art out there.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The funniest one to come out of all of that was Kirby getting ahold of it then turning into Android 21. I got a good laugh from that.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I have no idea what anyone is talking about :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

poor birdo.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'd much rather have Bowsette on my timeline than all the garbage that the rest of the world brings like bigotry and carnage.

Bowsette is a breath of fresh air!

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

What was the incepting point of Bowsette? I can't seem to figure out where it started, but granted I'm jet-lagged to hell and back so I might just be terrible at thinking right now.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I mean, there's also gross dudes being gross, but they're always doing that poo poo.

But yeah I know some people are tired of it, but various cute monsters being turned into cute princesses is something I will love until the day I die. Especially the chain chomp ones.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FoldableHuman posted:

What was the incepting point of Bowsette? I can't seem to figure out where it started, but granted I'm jet-lagged to hell and back so I might just be terrible at thinking right now.

As far as I know Nintendo showed that Toadette putting on a crown turned her into Peachette, so the internet took this a sign to take any mario related entity, put a crown on them, and it turns them into a chick with gigantic honking tits with -ette added to the end of their name.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

This comic

by this twitter user
https://twitter.com/ayyk92

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's a genuinely funny gag.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Now I want to know why Mario didn’t turn himself into a girl turtle. It could have been like “The Gift of the Magi.”

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Leal posted:

As far as I know Nintendo showed that Toadette putting on a crown turned her into Peachette, so the internet took this a sign to take any mario related entity, put a crown on them, and it turns them into a chick with gigantic honking tits with -ette added to the end of their name.

It was, at the start just a standard feature that you could read into as, "Yeah we're not adding playable Peach because we ain't changing the ssstory she still has to get kidnapped but here's a way to play as 'A Peach' so there's no consequences."

But there were consequences, and this was the consequence.

So if you said there would be consequences for them trying to rear end-pull a way to make Peach semi-playable while still keeping with the status quo with the real Peach as the damsel in distress congratulations because you were in a sense right.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Bowser may never take over the Mushroom Kingdom, but they have succeeded in taking over our hearts.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It was, at the start just a standard feature that you could read into as, "Yeah we're not adding playable Peach because we ain't changing the ssstory she still has to get kidnapped but here's a way to play as 'A Peach' so there's no consequences."

But there were consequences, and this was the consequence.

So if you said there would be consequences for them trying to rear end-pull a way to make Peach semi-playable while still keeping with the status quo with the real Peach as the damsel in distress congratulations because you were in a sense right.

And their stock went up from all the meme fun

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

And their stock went up from all the meme fun

This is the part that makes me think Nintendo might actually be crazy enough to try and capitalize on this somehow, instead of being sticks in the mud.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The moniker Bowsette isn't even a combo of Peach and Bowser, but it's too late to change now.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Bowsette should prove to Nintendo that the Mario Mythos is in need of a strong, female antagonist figure.* Nintendo has resisted making Wa-Peach for too long, I say!

*Sorry, Wendy O. Koopa.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Bowsette should prove to Nintendo that the Mario Mythos is in need of a strong, female antagonist figure.* Nintendo has resisted making Wa-Peach for too long, I say!

*Sorry, Wendy O. Koopa.

That would be absolutely BRILLIANT.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EndOfTheWorld posted:

*Sorry, Wendy O. Koopa.

I like that a lot of the Bowsette fanart features her as strong and commanding, since Bowser is exactly that. I hope we get Mom Bowser, and Bowser Jr. is all "HEH HEH, MY PARENTS OWN, GET 'EM MOM AND DAD."

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EndOfTheWorld posted:

*Sorry, Wendy O. Koopa.

Cynically I think it's just gonna prove to them that they don't have to do anything

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

https://dreaminerryday.tumblr.com/post/178394935241/the-internet-rn

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 27, 2018

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Well, I really wish this had happened for free college or universal healthcare instead, but good job, twitter. Good job.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

NirtendoAmerica

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My uncle works at Nirtendo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My Unde Clint works at Nirtendo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

business hammocks posted:

Well, I really wish this had happened for free college or universal healthcare instead, but good job, twitter. Good job.

you can't gently caress a political act

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Alaois posted:

you can't gently caress fictional characters either

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alaois posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhoL_GAGsxA

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

AnEdgelord posted:

Yes but it's much more difficult to create an erotic fantasy about policy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lobster22221 posted:

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

That's the joke twitter account.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just found it funny how people are getting all bent out of shape about it, but then again I grew up on TF webcomics/deviantart so maybe I'm just immune to how mostly innocuous it is

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come nintendo invented bowser jr when koopa already had several sons.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come nintendo invented bowser jr when koopa already had several sons.

the Koopalings are not Bowsers kids, they are presumably his minions or lieutenants

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they were definitely his kids when they were introduced.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPChOfRvKyM

This video is a few weeks past, but Sage recently reviewed Little Nemo, the prettiest animated assault on the senses ever, but I want to draw attention to the ending of the review. Bennett goes into detail about his local rental store, Video Droid, and how much of an impact it made on his life as a kid, and seeing the past fall away is pretty sad. It reminded me a lot of Ross Scott's efforts to preserve ancient games, because in the end, these creations are ephemeral unless steps are taken to save them for the next generation.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

AnEdgelord posted: