Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

Even this owned cause Kira got to fight a cat that turned into a plant and almost die of an embolism

Stray cat rules, because it's a unique stand and it has Kira playing the "hero." But a lot of the enigma fight isn't great and Superfly's fight is boring. Also the Janken kid had some neat rohan moments, but that wasn't enough to save the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Ground floor, can't wait to see the exploits of my favorite italian boy band and a certain infamous 7 page sequence get animated!

i am interested in how they are going to do that sequence as well

i am also interested in what they chose as the english names for several stands (particularly the one they fight on the plane)

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like the idea of Engima, and the anime does great stuff with style in that arc. Other fights "caused" by Yoshihiro were Highway Star and I Am An Alien so in the end I'm glad Araki stretched out Part 4 to fit in more fun ideas

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Part 5 is Part 3 but better. :colbert:

Also, for anime-only folks: Part 5's supporting cast is the best in all of JoJos. Get ready to fight and die for the honour of your Best Boy.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm moderately excited for part 5.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah Part 5 really does a lot better with giving people screentime, it's not the Jotaro Kujo Show. The cast is a gang and are great at working together to overcome enemies

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like all of part 5 except for the stuff near the end

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Even this owned cause Kira got to fight a cat that turned into a plant and almost die of an embolism

lol I forgot about that. I feel it's too much of a manga reader joke and that's not fun

I think our Animeonly buddies will appreciate when they know even then. Maybe once it's truly relevant it can swap over

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah Part 5 really does a lot better with giving people screentime, it's not the Jotaro Kujo Show. The cast is a gang and are great at working together to overcome enemies

Even down to every member of the gang getting at least one fight on their own, which goes a long way to avoiding another Avdol situation of "Oh yeah, he's here too".

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hooray now we're into parts of Jojo I know nothing about beforehand

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ZenVulgarity posted:

Hooray now we're into parts of Jojo I know nothing about beforehand

I'm in the opposite situation. I was purely an anime watcher until Part 4 ended, then I read Parts 5 and 6 (and started 7 a few days ago) so this is the first part I actually know everything about. Makes me a lot more nervous about posting, honestly, I fear spoiling something by accident.

But I will risk it all for my boy Bruno Buccelati and his own boys. And donut hair, I guess.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Highway Star is my favorite bit of Part 4 so that section owns, sorry.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They did Highway Star a lot of justice. It was beautiful

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

When I found out Pt4 was being animated, my first thought was "Oh man, the motorcycle chase and the flip over the pram is going to be so cool."

And it totally was.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The tower fight is what sold me on JoJos in the first place. It kind of solidified the perfect level of ridiculousness for me when reading - mainly because it was one of the earlier instances of how someone could have the worst Stand ever and still make it work for himself and still be a danger to the much more powerful main cast.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Part 5 is good. Wonder if they'll do any changes to the first fight with Zipper guy where he gets hit by GioGio's stand. Filling the zipper guy with "life" didn't make a whole lot of sense and he never did it again for the whole series.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They're almost certainly not going to edit all the wacky inconsistencies and it's going to be amazing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There's another inconsistency that we already know is in the first episode, even!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Completely forgot about that part.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

To me, this part is going to live or die based on how well it's animated, since Part 5's main draw is how incredible its art is

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Funky Valentine posted:

They're almost certainly not going to edit all the wacky inconsistencies and it's going to be amazing.

Arist posted:

There's another inconsistency that we already know is in the first episode, even!

Are they really inconsistencies, though... or are they the work of an enemy Stand? :thunk:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Even down to every member of the gang getting at least one fight on their own, which goes a long way to avoiding another Avdol situation of "Oh yeah, he's here too".

Avdol is the most powerful member! Good thing he pretty much never fights or gets one-shot instantly when he does.

Seriously, he gets instantly beaten in like four different fights. :argh:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Avdol is the most powerful member! Good thing he pretty much never fights or gets one-shot instantly when he does.

Right! There's a bunch of fights in Part 3 where Magician's Red would just immediately beat the enemy, yet it's just not used for some reason.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Araki figured out that "can make anything on fire" is actually a really broken ability and went to great lengths to keep Avdol out of fights because really what is stopping time compared to YOU ARE ON FIRE RIGHT NOW?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yes, it is a shame how obscenely powerful characters get one fight and then get written out of the story.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sub Harrison posted:

Part 5 is good. Wonder if they'll do any changes to the first fight with Zipper guy where he gets hit by GioGio's stand. Filling the zipper guy with "life" didn't make a whole lot of sense and he never did it again for the whole series.

Dude absolutely not Bruno getting slowmo punched is like totally iconic

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Araki operates on entirely what he thinks is cool and fun unless he thinks of something cooler or decides it wasn't all that cool and sometimes he remembers to check his notes and i love it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I bet when Wikipedia was first introduced in Japanese, Araki was really excited because it'd save him a lot of time.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I can't wait to start preaching the gospel of JoJo to my friends again...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You all know that JoJo
Is so much fun for everyone
You've so far seen just four parts
Or only two if you like Hamon
But what if I were to tell you
There's a fresh fifth part out there
That's lead by a hip new JoJo
Who has a little.....weird doughnut hair

Have you heard of the all-Italian JoJo?
That blonde haired, blue-eyed Joestar guy
He's not from England or Japan
Like those other leading men
No, this new protagonist
Is all-Italian!

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Part 5 easily has the most Italian representation, but its not the only part that passes the Bechedelli Test.

For those of you who don't know, the test consists of three criteria:

1. The work must have at least two Italians in it,

2. Who talk to each other,

3. About something other than food.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Happy birthday, Grandpa.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Happy birthday, Grandpa.

BO DEREK!

AL YANKOVIC!

:toot:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Waffleman_ posted:

He's not from England or Japan

He's half-english half-japanese.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Joseph is technically English, but he's still America's JoJo.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Grampa jojo is most certainly dead

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Grampa jojo is most certainly dead

People have lived to and past 98, though seeing his state in Part 4, yeah, he's probably dead. We should still celebrate his birthday.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Wasn't half that an act? Dude has done a lot of hamon, even if he's hella inconsistent about ever using it. Also he's incredibly rich in NYC, and has the ear of whatever the gently caress the Speedwagon Foundation can do. He could easily crack 100

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the refusal to accept that joseph stopped practicing the ripple and got old from some people will never not be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Nah I'm not saying he's a dedicated practitioner that'll live as a forever youth like his mom. Morso extrapolating that, having ever done it at a high intensity scattered across his life and incredibly infrequently afterward, he should have some residual magic kung fu health effects even if he's not getting the full practitioner package. Enough that living to 100 as a rich guy that was super buff isn't a reach.