Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

well their valuation and position has only gone up even since they sold at a 4+ billion dollar profit so yeah they must be doing a very poor job and could use an IT retard to run their marketing

It's possible to disagree with someone without calling them a retard.

So they don't WANT stars but they pay people who give them nothing but trouble millions and millions. You're right. I'm too stupid to understand why they don't want more of the people they pay top dollar for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

Has the value seriously gone up since they sold at the pinnacle of Ronda / Conor hype?

they're not public so it's hard to prove but flash allegedly sold their 10% at a number that'd value the company around 7 bil

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

yea ok posted:

they're not public so it's hard to prove but flash allegedly sold their 10% at a number that'd value the company around 7 bil

Ahhhhhahahahhaa

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Mark Hunt’s likely final UFC fight is going to be against Justin “Big Pretty” Willis in Adelaide later this year

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

Has the value seriously gone up since they sold at the pinnacle of Ronda / Conor hype?

Yes

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

yea ok posted:

Yeah. I don’t think it’s alleged

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

You're so stupid in so many ways

Lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Yeah. I don’t think it’s alleged

yeah i believe it but you know the knuckleheads in here that need irrefutable proof for every possible thing

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah they think you just decide to promote someone and they’re magically popular

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

Ahhhhhahahahhaa

People who buy equity worth billions are more sophisticated at valuation of businesses than IT mongoloids on a dead comedy forum

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
You're a loving idiot if you're trying to posit that the UFC can't market if without their two mega stars they've basically doubled the value of the company. I mean I don't give a gently caress about the UFC at all any more but my personal feelings aren't a metric for a company's value, and yours probably isn't either.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

People who buy equity worth billions are more sophisticated at valuation of businesses than IT mongoloids on a dead comedy forum

I couldn't agree more.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

OK. I didn't say they can't do it without their megastars nor did I say they weren't making good money. I did say they aren't excellent at something they've shown no aptitude fer. If that's because they have no interest in it then so be it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I don't know what ground you're trying to stand on. Something is doubling the value of the company, and it seems to me that it's what they should be doing as a business and not creating the next mcgregor and the next and the next until your octagon is covered in lovely whisky ads for primadonna babies who capture and never defend belts and stagnate divisions while people never take fights hoping to win the UFC equivalent of the mayweather lottery.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
They promote their stars. If they are struggling to find favour with fans they even give them opportunities within the company in corporate roles while they're still competing like woodley and bisping, cormier etc. All of their top 5 fighters in each division are living comfortably and are given all the attention and resources they need to build themselves a legacy. If you ask me you should concern yourself with the welfare of the other 20000 fighters on the roster

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Mark Hunt’s likely final UFC fight is going to be against Justin “Big Pretty” Willis in Adelaide later this year

Don't really know much about him other than he's won all 3 of his UFC fights so far according to wikipedia so hopefully Hunt will go out on a great win or at least an exciting fight

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

If you ask me you should concern yourself with the welfare of the other 20000 fighters on the roster

Yeah base fighter pay is ridiculously low and now with the lovely reebok money taking the place of sponsorships I don't know how the 10/10 or whatever guys even survive after training costs

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

Lol.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys need to learn to chill out and not to be annoying spazzes.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Jerusalem, ruling on the.... i-word or the m-word?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah base fighter pay is ridiculously low and now with the lovely reebok money taking the place of sponsorships I don't know how the 10/10 or whatever guys even survive after training costs

By waiting tables.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/13/17852150/after-koty-candidate-at-ufc-228-geoff-neal-is-right-back-to-waiting-tables

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Just sad

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Or by being working security at bars and using your combat skills to commit a double rape here and there

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

Or by being working security at bars and using your combat skills to commit a double rape here and there

Odd coincidence that guy is friends with Geoff Neal.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

Odd coincidence that guy is friends with Geoff Neal. For real hope they put him under the jail.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
When I read that I made this big long effort post about how the UFC knowingly letting a no-name guy guy credibly charged with rape fight, and then I remembered Conor Khabib is in ten days and I'm not quitting poo poo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Did you just quote yourself then change your own quote

Or did you forget to switch accounts

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did you just quote yourself then change your own quote

Or did you forget to switch accounts

I'm betting he was trying to edit his post and hosed it up to a hilarious extent

source: I am extremely stupid and do that poo poo 1-2x per week

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ah poo poo. Oh well.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've always legit wondered how many people that post here have multiple accounts that they post under to argue with people

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I meant when I read the article about the guy committing the rape not when I read my own post

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Don't really know much about him other than he's won all 3 of his UFC fights so far according to wikipedia so hopefully Hunt will go out on a great win or at least an exciting fight

Justin Willis is a power punching fat guy with pretty fast hands that trains at AKA. He showed a bit of wrestling in his first UFC fight too. I think the UFC viewpoint is that hopefully they get a name win for an up and comer as they rid themselves of Hunt.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

they pay people who give them nothing but trouble millions and millions.

:crossarms:

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

You're right. I'm too stupid

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

not only are they way better at it than you based on their knowledge/intellect theyre also unbiased, they only care about money instead of whether the female fighter they wanna gently caress most is being promoted in a way that satisfies you

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
why dont they promote rose more? conor is loving them and gives them nothign but trouble, kick him to the curb. i know a lot about marketing

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
the ufc is doing fine

ufc fighters and their business not so much lol

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's 1-15 on the HW list:
1 Stipe Miocic
2 Derrick Lewis
3 Curtis Blaydes
4 Francis Ngannou
5 Alexander Volkov
6 Alistair Overeem
7 Junior Dos Santos
8 Aleksei Oleinik
9 Marcin Tybura
10 Mark Hunt
11 Tai Tuivasa
12 Shamil Abdurakhimov
13 Andrei Arlovski
14 Stefan Struve
15 Justin Willis

How many of these jabronis are any good? I've never heard of at least 10 of these people and I know at least two of the fighters I have heard of are poo poo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

why dont they promote rose more? conor is loving them and gives them nothign but trouble, kick him to the curb. i know a lot about marketing

Rose is a bit of a strange duck. She has all kinds of stupid beliefs about "bad energy" and just runs away like Nick Diaz from a press conference when she doesn't feel right.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've tried and she shirked anything other than what she was contractually obligated to do.

They still do a pretty good job of putting rad fighters on cards that are expected to draw well like they did with sleepy lincoln on the last Ppv.

Putting karate milf and herrig along with derrick Lewis as well as Pettis and t ferg on this card is also a smart marketing move.

The first 3 are pretty active on social media so easy for people to find and the latter two are probably going to be in the title mix with a win in their current fight.

I would think that Lewis v volkov is something of a title eliminator v Stipe when DC and Brock both retire after their money weight fight too. A cool performance from either one gets a lot of eyes on them.

Ovp is always boom or bust but it's a well put together card in terms of audience interest or whatever and advertising their future already.

Biggest card of the year has 4 guys who'll likely get titleshots in the next 12 months.

I'm not sure what you guys really expect in terms of "marketing" a fighter. They've always stacked cards to get the next in line exposure where possible.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

How many of these jabronis are any good? I've never heard of at least 10 of these people and I know at least two of the fighters I have heard of are poo poo

Only #1, but he also got sparked by a fat LHW in 3 minutes so maybe not even him.

6 and 7 used to be pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ad by Khad posted:

5, 10, 11, and 13 are good fighters and I'll hear no different.

• Locked thread