Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Tired Moritz posted:

also APPARENTLY heimer got a rework at some point? was it good?

It's really good actually, I'd recommend it. He's way more interesting now. His turrets now charge little lasers when you hit nearby enemies with abilities that give him some more interactive burst -- basically, if you hit spells on a dude near your turrets it will do more damage.

His ult is also v cool now, casts upgraded versions of your abilities. In practice you should mostly just use ult + e but they're all situationally good. He's fun! Look up some Heisendong youtube videos to get an idea of how he plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

basically what you need to know about heimer is that if you land a grenade stun in range of 3+ turrets you win league of legends

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
How do you even beat that fucker in lane. Henspams those turrets faster than i can kill them and my jungle is too scared to gank for that reason...

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Kill the turrets faster! As Karthus especially you should be able to just q them no problem, heimer has a really long Cd on his turret charges relative to your q. If he places multiple quickly, you know he won't be able to put any more for a while. Especially if you use it when there are minions nearby, you should be able to one shot them.

The best way to beat him is to gank, so if the towers are the reason people aren't coming just q them! But if you kill his towers he also loses a lot of power, so you can probably just kill him yourself too.

Forgot who else you play, but as long as you have ranged abilities/autos they shouldn't be bad. Just remember to sidestep when you do, most of the turret dps in short trades like that is if he catches you with a spell and they shoot a laser.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

How do you even beat that fucker in lane. Henspams those turrets faster than i can kill them and my jungle is too scared to gank for that reason...

Take smite

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

foutre posted:

Kill the turrets faster! As Karthus especially you should be able to just q them no problem, heimer has a really long Cd on his turret charges relative to your q. If he places multiple quickly, you know he won't be able to put any more for a while. Especially if you use it when there are minions nearby, you should be able to one shot them.

The best way to beat him is to gank, so if the towers are the reason people aren't coming just q them! But if you kill his towers he also loses a lot of power, so you can probably just kill him yourself too.

Forgot who else you play, but as long as you have ranged abilities/autos they shouldn't be bad. Just remember to sidestep when you do, most of the turret dps in short trades like that is if he catches you with a spell and they shoot a laser.

Just be really aware that if you're trying to gank while he has a turret nest that you're basically fighting 2 champs and that he can and will kill the enemy laner and jungler at once

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Prokhor posted:

Just be really aware that if you're trying to gank while he has a turret nest that you're basically fighting 2 champs and that he can and will kill the enemy laner and jungler at once

this is where the two smites come into play

E: all jokes aside i used to run ap nunu if i decided that it was heimers turn to be absolutely miserable by an obscure pick. no idea if newnu still has that power though

linall
Feb 1, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

this is where the two smites come into play

E: all jokes aside i used to run ap nunu if i decided that it was heimers turn to be absolutely miserable by an obscure pick. no idea if newnu still has that power though

Without the old snowball I imagine you'd sort of have trouble putting any real harass or kill pressure on him. Though you could certainly cut down on his turrets at least as fast as Karthus and should a jungle gank actually appear you can offer a bunch of gank assist. I'm not a midlaner though, so I can't say I've ever played the matchup.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

From watching heisendong I think in that scenario you'd never level your turrets anyways and just focus on that sweet missile damage

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The way you beat the donger is by never fighting in his nest. One of the reasons he's annoying is that people feel a weird need to dive face first into his turrets and try to kill him. If you have range on his turrets it's way easier.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Prokhor posted:

From watching heisendong I think in that scenario you'd never level your turrets anyways and just focus on that sweet missile damage

old nunu completely hosed that strategy with his massive sustain. heimer had no real way to deal with nunu but the lane was so far into theoretical territory that it is not really worth discussing since old nunu does not exist

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Enigma89 posted:

isn't karthus like your second most played mid behind vlad? How do you have problems against heim??

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Going live:

https://twitch.tv/kingcobweb

Currently Plat 1, 40LP. Gonna be playing Nami, I hope

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait have they talked about what the rewards are this year like is it worth it to push towards diamond or am i good tanking my poo poo to plat 5 and still getting the same rewards

akali i will master you through the tears of my ranked games

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

kingcobweb posted:

Going live:

https://twitch.tv/kingcobweb

Currently Plat 1, 40LP. Gonna be playing Nami, I hope

Duo with me. Also you may want to go to push to talk, we can hear all the clicks.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I AM DUO WITH ENIGMA

LIVE NOW IN THE BOT LANE

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I'm duoing with Cobweb

https://www.twitch.tv/kingcobweb

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Play some music lads

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Hello this is Dota. We will trade you alistar for phantom lancer. Pm me.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Reality Pisser posted:

Hello this is Dota. We will trade you alistar for phantom lancer. Pm me.

throw in earthshaker

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Half of Dracula posted:

throw in earthshaker

The only cool heroes in this game are Draven, Jhin and Vlad. The others are pretty meh.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Enigma89 posted:

The only cool heroes in this game are Draven, Jhin and Vlad. The others are pretty meh.

Vlad is top 5 most boring heroes in League. The other two are pretty good.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Thresh Bard and Pyke I won’t trade for anyone

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

kingcobweb posted:

Thresh Bard and Pyke I won’t trade for anyone

Actually Pyke is a pretty cool hero too

Half of Dracula posted:

Vlad is top 5 most boring heroes in League. The other two are pretty good.

You literally just flash into everyone and blow everyone up and troll pool away. It's amazing. CC is also so lovely in this game that you can get away scot free. I love it when I have 900+ AP and my E goes off. It's like watching bugs go splat.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 27, 2018

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Enigma89 posted:

Actually Pyke is a pretty cool hero too

You literally just flash into everyone and blow everyone up and troll pool away. It's amazing. CC is also so lovely in this game that you can get away scot free. I love it when I have 900+ AP and my E goes off. It's like watching bugs go splat.

You can see this special move in the commentary game uploaded a few days ago.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Enigma89 posted:

I play Sion so I just punt the turrets into his stupid face (or out of lane)

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
If you haven't killed a donger with his own turret have you even really lived?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Worlds missions are available now, there is a lot of cool stuff you can get by completing them: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/learn-more-worlds-season-2018-event

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder how fast you earn tokens with the pass

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Btw, recent discussion reminded me: Enigma, if you're seeking another 1v9 champ, Heimer's ya boy. You need to know when to keep the hashtagyolo instinct under control, but if you get rolling, you can split-push forever and survive repeated 1v2s/1v3s while your team gets barons and dragons and other towers.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Sexpansion posted:

Worlds missions are available now, there is a lot of cool stuff you can get by completing them: https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/special-event/learn-more-worlds-season-2018-event

2500 tokens for Kaisa means playing, like, every single day

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

shes worth it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

curiousCat posted:

2500 tokens for Kaisa means playing, like, every single day

I believe the calculation with the initial 200 tokens is that you'd need about 3 games a day with a 50% average winrate and a reasonable score every time. Considering how fast you can bang out ARAM games, though, it's less trouble than it seems.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Vermain posted:

I believe the calculation with the initial 200 tokens is that you'd need about 3 games a day with a 50% average winrate and a reasonable score every time. Considering how fast you can bang out ARAM games, though, it's less trouble than it seems.

Three games a day for a month and a half?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just have enigma do it. enigma get me those tokens man

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

curiousCat posted:

Three games a day for a month and a half?

I believe so. It's definitely meant to be a prestige thing to encourage people to play more, which is fine to have for a single skin.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
What are you supposed to do late game when you are maxed out in AP? I went double deathcap but not sure if that was a good idea. Maybe I should have went spell binder?

I lost a real tilter such a bummer.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
CDR is a really big stat for mages you aren't itemizing. 20% CDR is the difference between 1 E and 2 Es in a skill rotation before you die.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

CDR is a really big stat for mages you aren't itemizing. 20% CDR is the difference between 1 E and 2 Es in a skill rotation before you die.

It's huge for Vlad, especially, given how his Q works. Most Vlads I see angle for 20-30% CDR by 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Protobelt? Zhonya's? Spellbinder?

I didn't pick those at random, they are the three most-build items on the champ.