Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
The one-hour premiere is at 8 EDT, then starting next week it moves to the regular time of 8:30, preceded by Superstore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
My bad, I never know if it's daylight savings time or not, so I have a bad habit of using the two interchangeably.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
So did anyone else catch this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheGoodPlace/comments/9j7h72/vicky_called_it/

Vogon Poetry Slam
Nov 13, 2016

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

pwn posted:

The one-hour premiere is at 8 EDT, then starting next week it moves to the regular time of 8:30, preceded by Superstore.

Speaking of, is Superstore worth starting on?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
It’s ok.

I’m not sure I’d binge watch it to catch up, but if you’ve got the free time at 8 before The Good Show, i mean, you could do worse. It’s all your standard character archetypes, and they work together in a big-box store. It isn’t quite as cookie-cutter as, say, ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat, but not groundbreaking either. Maybe it would be more fun to watch a bunch at once, now that I consider it — I caught up with Boat over the Summer, and for all its flaws, it was fun enough, and having another episode ready to go right away helped smooth over the rough bits. I may have a slightly higher opinion of Superstore, had I not had to wait a week between episodes.

On the other hand, I stuck around all last season for Will and Grace, which I don’t think I’ll be doing again this year. I did catch the premiere episodes of I Feel Bad (9:30, after W&G,) and while it is rather “Middle-Class White Lady Problems” in a colourful Indian shell, it has some merit, and if I were a mum, I’d probably identify with it more. I’ll keep up with it a while, for simple lack of anything else to watch on Thursdays.

Really, all the other NBC Thursday night comedies serve to make The Good Place look that much better by contrast. I wish it were the last show in the lineup, and often time-shift the comedy block so I can finish with it. It’s just so different than everything else, it feels jarring to go from The Boundless Void to Jack and Karen’s kooky antics!!.

pwn fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 27, 2018

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I don't get it.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Phenotype posted:

I don't get it.

Michael doesn’t do what Vicky says and now, at least Eleanor and Chidi are in Australia. Presumably with Michael popping in and out occasionally.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vogon Poetry Slam posted:

Speaking of, is Superstore worth starting on?

It's better when you've done time at a Superstore.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Iron Crowned posted:

It's better when you've done time at a Superstore.

This. I personally enjoy Superstore very much, but I did 17 years of big box retail and it's obvious people on the writing staff also have some sort of retail experience.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Whoever wants to make a thread for the new season can feel free to. I've got an insanely busy day today and don't have time. I prob wont even get to see the episode live :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am dying of excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Here is your new thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869961

• Locked thread