Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.serebii.net/letsgopikachueevee/videos.shtml

Serebii.net got to look at Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee through Pewter gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I passed on SNK Heroines, but this DLC character just might win me over

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Signor posted:

I think it's just the huge tonal shift that's throwing me off. Being set up for this game where you just go with awesome boss fights and then not that. But if there's more of that after this part I'll power through if it means i get to fight the huge dude who i saw at the beginning.

There's a few more boss fights and they're all pretty good yes. But the game really is just much much worse for the genre switch sadly, wish they would do a straight up Arcade/Classic mode that's just stages+bosses instead.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I passed on SNK Heroines, but this DLC character just might win me over

It's a bad game and it runs like absolute rear end on the Switch.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Rolo posted:

I wish they’d fix basic things like actually being able to bring up a hotel WiFi splash screen. I got this thing for when I travel and it refuses to work with most hotels.

Just pulling this out of my rear end but couldn't you connect to the hotel Wi-Fi with your phone then just make your phone a hotspot and connect the switch to that?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ignite Memories posted:

I didn't like monster hunter on 3ds, but like, how's the cat play?

I also couldn't get into Mon Hun on the 3DS but had no issues getting into it on the Switch other than my Japanese being extremely poor so I had to look up most of the menus. I switched to World when that came out and haven't looked back to compare. With it being localized you should have a good time with Double Cross. I enjoyed World way more, and mobility isn't really a huge deal to me in a Mon Hun, I tend to sit down for 4+ hours or not at all, the "just one more hunt" is too strong.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
I hate to bust in with technical crap, but I can't find answers elsewhere and no one on r/NintendoSwitch is biting so here I am.

Has anyone in here had issues with invitees to your family group not receiving emails? Nintendo's site says they sent on their end, I get a confirmation email, but nothing in the invitees' inboxes.

I know it's not user error (no typo or spam folder poo poo), not an email provider issue like sometimes happens with these things, and I've seen firsthand the emails I'm entering are tied to Nintendo Accounts. I already purchased the family plan option for membership, and I have 5 people in this group using it just fine, with a 6th who joined but left because he already had another one available. So since a group can support 7 members not including admin, it's not a limit issue either even if the dropped member still counts. Even if there's some invisible limit where Nintendo won't send out more than 7 notification emails regardless of whether the receiver actually followed the link and joined the family group, at least one of these two should have gotten an email. I am at wit's end trying to troubleshoot why this would be a problem, especially since it wasn't for the first 6 people.

This is a pretty specific problem so I doubt any goons have run into this exact scenario if I can't find poo poo-else looking around. I'm gonna contact Nintendo later tonight to be like yo what's the deal but for now I'm asking just in case.

I just wanna have my 8-person Ice Hockey tournament in peace.

EDIT: another thing worth mentioning is we had a few days of downtime between attempts so it's not a temp problem on Nintendo's end or some weird conflict with the whole 24-hour invitation expiry or anything like that.

Violen fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 27, 2018

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Rolo posted:

I wish they’d fix basic things like actually being able to bring up a hotel WiFi splash screen. I got this thing for when I travel and it refuses to work with most hotels.

Stuff like this infuriates me.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Well you see you have another mobile device that does support internet so just use that instead. This is such a non-problem!

Greatest console of all time.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lodin posted:

I got a refund for Wasteland 2 last week and yet it's still playable. It's also still in my list of purchases on in the store. Anyone else experience this? I'm guessing someone messed up.

Hey how did you go about getting the refund?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MonHun GenU doesn't need me to sell it but DANG I love it.

Lately my available play time is low but I squeeze in as much as possible.
Playing as a Prowler is not only more fun than Hunter, it cuts down on all the headaches of the normal game.

Whetstones, temperature control, stamina?
NO THANK YOU.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Frankston posted:

Hey how did you go about getting the refund?

You call them up and complain and they usually do it, while hemming and hawing about this being an exception, a one time deal, etc. I got one for The Sexy Brutale.

Everyone should have a refund policy like Steam.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I sent an e-mail and got a reply asking why I wanted the refund. Only had to write that the performance and controls were unacceptable compared to the PC and they ok'd it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Butterfly Valley posted:

Just pulling this out of my rear end but couldn't you connect to the hotel Wi-Fi with your phone then just make your phone a hotspot and connect the switch to that?

I can only hotspot off my cellular connection, which isn’t always great in a giant concrete building.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Popete posted:

Well you see you have another mobile device that does support internet so just use that instead. This is such a non-problem!

Greatest console of all time.

I’ve gotten responses that involve bringing a laptop so I can make it work by dicking with IP address settings. It’s the same kind of thing as “why do you want snes games on the switch when you can just build a computer to do it.”

At that point why don’t I just bring my PlayStation.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Barudak posted:

Also since her path action lets you fight enemies above your level in a one on one duel shes not that great since to get the benefits of that you need to either grind items or her gently caress awful monsters and if youre putting in time for that why arent you just leveling and then using Olberic?
There's some NPCs in H'aanit chapter towns that are pretty high level (intentionally higher than where your Olberic is at unless you're grinding him) along with a "Provoke Like a Pro" scrutinizequire that guarantees H'aanit goes first, those are the ones you're "supposed" to provoke but otherwise I agree that Olberic is better.

The Pokémon are annoying because your ability to capture them depends on H'aanit's level. So even with 1 HP left you might only have a 10% chance of capture if you're underleveled for an area. For provokes, it was optimal to capture Pokémon in an area closest to H'aanit's level and look for ones that do double or triple strikes. You can tell what they'll do without having to attempt to capture them, so that speeds things up. The game could really use a bestiary though. Generally I've found the more difficult ones to capture have AoE hits anyways, which is irrelevant for provokes.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
You could probably setup a openwrt portable router to do that, then you wouldn't need the laptop at least.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The big thing about Haanit's beasts is that they should have just had their charges reset when you stay at an Inn instead of having to go out and capture them again. Would have let her be a lot more useful for utility in general with way less tedium.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Butterfly Valley posted:

iOS, at least, doesnt allow this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
They need to make the browser a pain in the rear end to use so they can stop hackers from hacki-

oh wait it's already trivial to hack the Switch.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ignite Memories posted:

I didn't like monster hunter on 3ds, but like, how's the cat play?

Lots of dodging and throwing boomerangs around at the most simple.

A bit more in depth, cats have different specializations which affect their stats and which moves they get. In the Switch game, the specializations got a few more nifty tricks. Some cats get "Hunter Styles" baked into their movesets. Fighter cats can do Aerial style when they get angry and kickflip off monsters. Bomb cats can do an Adept dodge and drop a bomb behind them when they do so. Defender cats can Adept guard, which allows you to parry and riposte. Support and Gathering cats are more specialized for ranged combat. Healing cats can... heal. Then there's the Beast cat, which is all new to the Switch game. Those are pure melee brawlers. They can go into literal Beast Mode and become whirling airborne blenders of fuzzy death.

Basically cats get a lot more variety in their movesets and combat style. I already liked them on the 3DS game and they're just SO much better on the Switch.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 27, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

iOS, at least, doesnt allow this

It doesn't?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Andrast posted:

It doesn't?

It probably depends on the carrier, for reasons that boil down to :capitalism:

My AT&T iphone allowed it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

It probably depends on the carrier, for reasons that boil down to :capitalism:

My AT&T iphone allowed it.

Wait, your carrier can disable OS features like that?

The US is weird

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

If you are like me and know nothing about Monster Hunter, a port of 3DS Monster Hunter Stories just dropped for Android/iOS.

I'm guessing this is a better intro than the MHGU demo on the Switch?

The free demo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.capcom.mhssfen

The full game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.capcom.mhsspen

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PeePot posted:

If you are like me and know nothing about Monster Hunter, a port of 3DS Monster Hunter Stories just dropped for Android/iOS.

I'm guessing this is a better intro than the MHGU demo on the Switch?

The free demo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.capcom.mhssfen

The full game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.capcom.mhsspen

Monster Hunter Stories has nothing to do with the mainline Monster Hunter games other than the name so it can't really be called an "introduction". :v: Cute game though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Andrast posted:

Wait, your carrier can disable OS features like that?

The US is weird

Hell yes, it can. I switched to Verizon because AT&T disabled wi-fi calling on my Pixel 2.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Your Computer posted:

Monster Hunter Stories has nothing to do with the mainline Monster Hunter games other than the name so it can't really be called an "introduction". :v: Cute game though.

Darn, cuz that MHGU demo didn't pull me in at all. I just remember attacking something and zoning a lot by accident. Does World get rid of those load screens at least?

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Silver Falcon posted:

You can tell me, but I don't have to listen. :colbert:

Hunter lady who sics her animal friends on people is funny and cool.

H'aanit is fine. I started with her and she was good for the whole game. Monsters start being bad eventually, but by then you should have Arrowstorm, and eventually her divine skill, anyway.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PeePot posted:

Darn, cuz that MHGU demo didn't pull me in at all. I just remember attacking something and zoning a lot by accident. Does World get rid of those load screens at least?

Yeah World has fully loaded worlds instead of bad bite sized zones.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PeePot posted:

The demos are notoriously bad at actually showing off the game. They're basically made for people already way into the games, since they don't teach you anything about how the games are actually played or even show you the game loop. It's a hard series to get into and it's one that you just kinda have to jump into feet first. Even then, it's not uncommon to bounce off of the games because there are a lot of systems, the combat is difficult, the controls are unusual, etc. Personally took me like 3 attempts before it clicked, but when it finally did... well, needless to say I have spent hundreds of hours on every monhun since :v:

World does indeed get rid of the loading screens, and is generally more beginner-friendly and user-friendly than the older games (but smaller in scope). MHGU is the last of the old monhuns and a bit of a compilation, which means it has a ridiculous amount of content but also a lot of systems and stuff that can be confusing.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Licarn posted:

H'aanit is fine. I started with her and she was good for the whole game. Monsters start being bad eventually, but by then you should have Arrowstorm, and eventually her divine skill, anyway.

Monsters even stay good if what you are using her for is doing multiple attacks to break defense rather than relying on her for maximum damage output

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The Bloop posted:

Monsters even stay good if what you are using her for is doing multiple attacks to break defense rather than relying on her for maximum damage output

Yeah, but later you have better more consistantly break options and monsters become terrible and grindy.

Shes fine at the start but objectively falls off while other characters improve or ar least stay static.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a bad game and it runs like absolute rear end on the Switch.

Yeah but you can be lady Skullman!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah, but later you have better more consistantly break options and monsters become terrible and grindy.

Shes fine at the start but objectively falls off while other characters improve or ar least stay static.

I guess.

I had two always in party members and she was one of my other regulars, and did just fine. Good weapon selection, but I mainly used her secondary job abilities if she wasn't cutting people down with an axe.

There's more to picking a party than min/maxing. I liked her banter. I do hope Nonopath figures out how do balance the classes better, though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Senran Kagura game on Switch put out the latest DLC character Ryona.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That Senran game needs to put in DLC that adds Bowsette.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

What if the next Zelda game was Four Swords in the Breath of the Wild engine

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
what if the next Zelda game was Link in that Senran Kagura game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted: