Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Gleyber was better for a while but over the whole year Ajdujar has been better. He's played in like 30 more games too. Your constant crapping on him is weird. He's had a great season.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
It’s pretty close between Gleyber and Andujar, actually. Andujar feels more productive but their offensive stat lines are super close. I think it’s because Andujar didn’t endure a big slump like Torres did. The other amazing thing about Andujar (and to a slightly lesser degree, Torres) is that he’s actually better in high leverage situations. The Athletic put up an article on it today, but Andujar’s OPS in high-leverage at bats is .929, a full 200 points higher than league average.

Sure, Andujar’s defense is real bad, especially by the advanced stats.

Counterpoint: I don’t care when he’s one of two dudes in the lineup that don’t make me sad with RISP.

Well Played Mauer fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 26, 2018

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

It's ohtani

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
It should probably be Ohtani since he kept hitting but I have a really hard time looking at Miggy putting up 2.6/2.1 f/bWAR and saying he's indefensible and poo poo v0v

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Yeah it'll be Ohtani but I have sour grapes over Matsui losing to Berroa based on that "he's not actually a rookie" bullshit so there.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Well Played Mauer posted:

Yeah it'll be Ohtani but I have sour grapes over Matsui losing to Berroa based on that "he's not actually a rookie" bullshit so there.

also fair

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Didi was cleared to return to baseball activities per Boone on the Michael Kay Show. That sure is a huge difference from “season ending wrist injury”

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

Didi was cleared to return to baseball activities per Boone on the Michael Kay Show. That sure is a huge difference from “season ending wrist injury”

Yeah, that whole thing swung around pretty quick.

EDIT: Also I know players are usually the worst source for info about their own injuries, but Sir Didi's own descriptions of the damage never seemed as bad as it was being made out.

EDIT2: Hicks says he also feels fine and ran on a treadmill and everything. They're still not gonna play him until they get out of Tampa which is fine by me.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 26, 2018

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
gently caress the trop

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
More dingers

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

It should probably be Ohtani since he kept hitting but I have a really hard time looking at Miggy putting up 2.6/2.1 f/bWAR and saying he's indefensible and poo poo v0v

That's a pun on his lovely defense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is no way the Yankees would beat Tampa in the Wild Card game. Very lucky they are out...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

yes there's no evidence as recently as yesterday that the Yanks can't beat Tampa

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

yes there's no evidence as recently as yesterday that the Yanks can't beat Tampa

Have you watched them play against Tampa all season like I have?

#AndujarIsMyHomeboy

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 27, 2018

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
^^ this aged well

go yanks, collect more enormous dinger men.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
we are dead even against tampa at 8 and 8 on the season. this game will give us the season victory over them I believe.
6-3 at home
2-5 at catwalk stadium

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Who's with me on this: A Netflix series where Judge & Stanton drive around solving crimes with the help of their Beefy Lad Lawyer pal Voit.

In other news: If only the Yankees could find a way to beat the Rays by more than 11.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lumpy posted:

In other news: If only the Yankees could find a way to beat the Rays by more than 11.

maybe they should listen to mcmagic

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

CC Sabathia was ejected from his start Thursday against the Rays after hitting Jesus Sucre with a pitch.

Sabathia nearly came out of the Yankees' dugout after teammate Austin Romine was buzzed with a high-and-tight fastball in the top of the sixth inning, and the big lefty plunked the first batter he faced in the bottom of the sixth. Sabathia appeared to grab his crotch while facing the Rays' dugout before he walked off the field. He would have received a $500,000 incentive bonus had he thrown two more innings. Perhaps he was unaware of that, or just didn't care.

Lmao

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
That rules.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

CC has mad a quarter of a billion dollars in his career, im sure he does not care all that much

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gotta love a teammate who's willing to pass up half a mil, just to have your back. CC is the man.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Lifetime deal now.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1045388122920570881?s=19

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

CC: Owns

retire 52 when the time comes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

Retire 41.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Carlosologist posted:

I think this is a very fine opinion.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Offense came to hit tonight, more dingers

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
They're a really good team, and would have probably won 5 or so more games if they hadn't had so many injuries recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
the yankees are an abomination unto all that is good

• Locked thread