Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://twitter.com/kadhimshubber/status/1045405094743875586

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
squirtle i'm dying

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

they want to ban him from being an officer or director of ANY public company :eyepop:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
leave the current title or change to DER MUSKENFRAUDE

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

graph posted:

I mean u know where I stand

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

graph posted:

DER MUSKENFRAUDE

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
although it's more correctly DIE MUSKENFRAUDE

which works a lil better imho

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://twitter.com/emakbakia_/status/1045415503051845632

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

although it's more correctly DIE MUSKENFRAUDE

which works a lil better imho

The Musk, The

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Ayn Krugerrand's "Tesla Shrugged"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

gschmidl posted:

Ayn Krugerrand's "Tesla Shrugged"

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
hmmm... is securities fraud actually good for Tesla maybe?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Toad King posted:

The Musk, The

no one who emmigrated from south africa in the 90s could be a bad man

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

they want to ban him from being an officer or director of ANY public company :eyepop:

it's what we've been saying the whole time. commit blatant labor violations? yawn

loving with rich people's money will always be the one true cardinal sin

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tantamount to that most heinous of crimes, theft of money

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

graph posted:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

yes YES

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

mewse posted:

So Musk had a meeting with the Saudis where the Saudis said they wanted Tesla to go private, gave him a 30 day deadline and he proposed it to the board without *any* accountants or lawyers looking at the deal and then announced it publicly :psyduck:

close. musk met with the Saudi’s, proposed the idea, they said possibly if the terms fit, made up a deadline, did no research, promised an impossible task, and then announced it publicly.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
wait, are we talking about the buyout or the model 3 here?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/BigTechAlert/status/1045355147889659906

is grimes still missing?

mewse
May 2, 2006

i hope grimes is ok :ohdear:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

this is the news that we needed today

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

FAUXTON posted:

Oh my god they quote his tweets lmao

you bet they do, tesla filed an 8-k saying the tweets are official statements and encouraged investors to follow them

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Gonna be a good time to buy some Tesla stock soon boys, amirite?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you bet they do, tesla filed an 8-k saying the tweets are official statements and encouraged investors to follow them

lol

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

quote:

A suspension of Musk's ability to be an officer or director of a public company would be the ideal solution. That would allow Tesla time to develop some other senior management without Musk's constant interference that has driven so many talented managers away. For Musk, it would give him time to recharge without having to resort to recreational drugs and sleeping pills.

After a few years, he could return even better than he was before to a much stronger Tesla, much as was the case with Steve Jobs. People think Apple was dying without him, but the truth is Job's successors grew the company ten fold in his absence laying the groundwork for his eventual successes. They even innovated on their own such as the PowerBook line. Yes, the company certainly needed him back desperately when he came back, but his absence wasn't all bad.

:confused:

He will return, more powerful than ever!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

DELETE CASCADE posted:

that's beyond telemarketer stupid

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
sec is a market manipulating short funded by oil interests............

Lutha Mahtin posted:

thats normal. 10 year ban and disgorgement are pretty much the extent of their powers. they need to convince the fbi to do something for someone to go to prison

and the ban effects more than just public companies. he can't be part of any company seeking reg d funding (i.e. startups), and no one would want him to be a large shareholder of their company either, because it would reduce their ability to get funding

Jamsta posted:

Gonna be a good time to buy some Tesla stock soon boys, amirite?

funding secured at $420. easy profit

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1318605/000119312513427630/d622890d8k.htm posted:

Item 8.01. Other Events.
Tesla Disclosure Channels To Disseminate Information

Tesla investors and others should note that we announce material information to the public about our company, products and services and other issues through a variety of means, including Tesla’s website, press releases, SEC filings, blogs and social media, in order to achieve broad, non-exclusionary distribution of information to the public. We encourage our investors and others to review the information we make public in the locations below as such information could be deemed to be material information. Please note that this list may be updated from time to time.

Interested in keeping up with Tesla?

For more information on Tesla and its products, please visit: teslamotors.com

For more information for Tesla investors, please visit: ir.teslamotors.com

For the latest information from Tesla, including press releases and the Tesla blog, please visit: teslamotors.com/press

For additional information, please follow Elon Musk’s and Tesla’s Twitter accounts: twitter.com/elonmusk and twitter.com/TeslaMotors

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Tres Burritos posted:

what is dead cannot die, but rises again harder and muskier

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

what is dead cannot die, but rises again harder and muskier

thread title: rises again harder and muskier

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I was about to ask if that filing only meant the official Tesla twitter account and they could argue around that but WELP

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
is it haram to post an HN link? comments are full of bazingas contemplating what the absence of Dear Leader will mean for a mourning $TSLA

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

grahms the sec colled they sid ah commetted a frood grahms grahms wheer er you gooing

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

grahms dinnae yeh lahk me joke i put on twitter? 420! it's lehk the weed numbah, get it? grahms?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

prisoner of waffles posted:

is it haram to post an HN link? comments are full of bazingas contemplating what the absence of Dear Leader will mean for a mourning $TSLA

I wouldn’t do it. screenshot?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Tres Burritos posted:

wasn't apple days from bankruptcy when they finally took jobs back?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i hope grahms shows up at some event on the arm of peter thiel

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

grahms was a sec plant all along :eyepoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
lmao

I was gonna type out a bunch about how quick the investigation was but just lmao