Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Empty reads are empty. It's not a personal attack to call it as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Empty reads are empty. It's not a personal attack to call it as such.

Please don’t, after apologizing, attempt to decide for me what I was annoyed about. And whether it was “fair” to be annoyed.

It was the “cute nothing”, not the read itself, and now let’s just drop it before you decide to argue that I’m not “really” annoyed and call me a liar about semi-out-of-game things.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GeneX posted:

I think YPM's doing what I'd expect him to do from my hazy recollection of him as town (specifically TWEWY mafia comes to mind), insistently pressing on something he finds weird that appears kind of innocuous to me, while you're doing a kind of weird over-explanation/goodnatured and agreeable shame thing that makes me frown for reasons I wish I could articulate better (but which, given my history wrt thinking you're scum, is still leading me to tread cautiously.)

I'm curious what Keane's hmm-ing about with Asiina, I guess? That's maybe a thing.

I'm marking it for later, and hmmming it now to see if anybody bites on it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Cute nothing is a bit patronizing though so I'll work on that, but again I swear I'm not trying to be abrasive more so than fun.

But I don't always know. So if I miff you. Say gently caress off you gutter trash and I'll get the picture.

(Please don't say that, id fly into a neurotic mess and second guess myself for days if not weeks.... please disc or PM me so I can apologize proper)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

Please don’t, after apologizing, attempt to decide for me what I was annoyed about. And whether it was “fair” to be annoyed.

It was the “cute nothing”, not the read itself, and now let’s just drop it before you decide to argue that I’m not “really” annoyed and call me a liar about semi-out-of-game things.

Yeah I don't do that. Don't project onto me and I'll just avoid regarding you to be safe. Not going to get labeled as a piece of poo poo.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok, I'm gonna be real busy at work today, so I'm gonna try and get in something serious now. I have gathered from context that the Squires and Chemists must all be one-shot vidges vs one-shot docs?

I know everyone is dying to repeat FF5 with an N1 apocalypse, but hear me out for a sec.

Who are the only people guaranteed to be able to correctly coordinate a doc on themselves? Scum. So who's most likely to live through this? Scum. Yeah yeah they surely didn't all pick Chemist, but that just means the scum getting protected for sure will be the most valuable ones.

So I implore you, please keep it in your pants for tonight. "BUT BIF," I can already hear you say, "WHY DO YOU HATE FUN?!"

Yes, yes I know it would be fun ok? But you know what is also fun? Having time to actually get a good read and feel sure you've caught scum, and then when no one else is listening to you to goddamn lunch them already, you just ice em and go THERE, SEE, I WAS RIGHT :smuggo: (...or of course you end up horribly wrong, but at least then it was based off something meatier than a weak D1 hunch, or meta policy vig)

Just sayin. Don't @ me and make a whole slapfight out of it, if you disagree just go ahead with your apocalypse and I'll just enjoy saying told-you-so, probably from deaddoc

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@Bifauxnen /slap

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I wish chemistry was more fun

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GeneX posted:

I wish chemistry was more fun

Its just the gateway to black mage imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

imgay posted:

@Bifauxnen /slap

I have no son

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

imgay posted:

Its just the gateway to black mage imo

also mediator, I wonder if that role could make a masonry...? :sun:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I want to know what calculator does here

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

I have no son

What are you talking about, ma. I'm standing right here!

The nerve of some people....

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What are you talking about, ma. I'm standing right here!

The nerve of some people....

You were a mislynched mexican though???

(Apology accepted, let’s forget that mess now.)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

You were a mislynched mexican though???

(Apology accepted, let’s forget that mess now.)
This is true

:sympathy:

(I am literally relieved lol. You have no idea)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But Biiiiiiiiiiif

Why do you hate fun??

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

But Biiiiiiiiiiif

Why do you hate fun??

griping at everyone about suboptimal play and then burning the town down is even MORE fun, I don't know about you

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

griping at everyone about suboptimal play and then burning the town down is even MORE fun, I don't know about you

That sounds like my type of party.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

ARSONIST CLAIM

:thunk:

lol

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok, I'm gonna be real busy at work today, so I'm gonna try and get in something serious now. I have gathered from context that the Squires and Chemists must all be one-shot vidges vs one-shot docs?

I know everyone is dying to repeat FF5 with an N1 apocalypse, but hear me out for a sec.

Who are the only people guaranteed to be able to correctly coordinate a doc on themselves? Scum. So who's most likely to live through this? Scum. Yeah yeah they surely didn't all pick Chemist, but that just means the scum getting protected for sure will be the most valuable ones.

So I implore you, please keep it in your pants for tonight. "BUT BIF," I can already hear you say, "WHY DO YOU HATE FUN?!"

Yes, yes I know it would be fun ok? But you know what is also fun? Having time to actually get a good read and feel sure you've caught scum, and then when no one else is listening to you to goddamn lunch them already, you just ice em and go THERE, SEE, I WAS RIGHT :smuggo: (...or of course you end up horribly wrong, but at least then it was based off something meatier than a weak D1 hunch, or meta policy vig)

Just sayin. Don't @ me and make a whole slapfight out of it, if you disagree just go ahead with your apocalypse and I'll just enjoy saying told-you-so, probably from deaddoc

Bif's analysis is correct, although SOMETHING STRIKES ME HERE; also LOL vidge.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Bif's analysis is correct

scum found

##vote Keane

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

I feel like this is targeted at someone.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The most accurate way to find scum day 1 is a thunderdome.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I feel like this is targeted at someone.

one person having a dayvig is pretty different from mass night action apocalypse :cheeky:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

one person having a dayvig is pretty different from mass night action apocalypse :cheeky:

If it happens it happens, you can't predict the chaos of cpig.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Look you know I'd only vig you if I thought there was a chance of jafar.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a question though, how does bif know what both squire and chemist do?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

I got a question though, how does bif know what both squire and chemist do?

Lol gotem!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

guys I am trying to be extra chill this game please stop tempting me to just call everyone idiots all day

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If anything, Keane AND Bif look curious

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

guys I am trying to be extra chill this game please stop tempting me to just call everyone idiots all day

dont worry ill do that for u

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

It's okay Bif, you scumslipped D1.

You're just not built for that side y'know?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

It's okay Bif, you scumslipped D1.

You're just not built for that side y'know?

oh no not you too Nat, I thought you knew how to read

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

did anyone seriously sit through all the hyuk-hyuks and not subtle at all hints and NOT figure out what Squire did

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I guess if they're Squires they wouldn't have had as easy of a time figuring out what Chemist did, despite my earlier joke about KB, but HOW COULD I KNOW?!?!?!?!?!?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

oh no not you too Nat, I thought you knew how to read

I did!

You said "The only people who can coordinate are scum."

Then I kinda stopped paying attention.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nat not wanting to speculate about optimal use of game mechanics?!

... means he's probably bored town then unfortunately, bah

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

unless this is his new character prompt for his latest improv scum persona though... hm, well he'll prolly get killed by somebody so let's not think about it too hard yet

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Bifauxnen posted:

did anyone seriously sit through all the hyuk-hyuks and not subtle at all hints and NOT figure out what Squire did

You can just quote all the hints and let em speak for themselves.

Anyways Bif's right hopefully we don't go all vig crazy and let people make cases first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Kitiara posted:

Libra here too. Happy almost-birthday!

Also, I think hambeet's nonstop posting is suspicious. So.... ##vote hambeet

Hey! Three more days! My gal got me Electric Wizards S/T on vinyl today.

Also 243 new posts. What the hell did I get myself into

• Locked thread