Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Nat not wanting to speculate about optimal use of game mechanics?!

... means he's probably bored town then unfortunately, bah

Meh it's obvious how you should play with your mechanics and if you haven't realised what to do and who to target yet you're probably bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Meh it's obvious how you should play with your mechanics and if you haven't realised what to do and who to target yet you're probably bad.

protecting Jeabus, obviously :3:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok, I'm gonna be real busy at work today, so I'm gonna try and get in something serious now. I have gathered from context that the Squires and Chemists must all be one-shot vidges vs one-shot docs?

I know everyone is dying to repeat FF5 with an N1 apocalypse, but hear me out for a sec.

Who are the only people guaranteed to be able to correctly coordinate a doc on themselves? Scum. So who's most likely to live through this? Scum. Yeah yeah they surely didn't all pick Chemist, but that just means the scum getting protected for sure will be the most valuable ones.

So I implore you, please keep it in your pants for tonight. "BUT BIF," I can already hear you say, "WHY DO YOU HATE FUN?!"

Yes, yes I know it would be fun ok? But you know what is also fun? Having time to actually get a good read and feel sure you've caught scum, and then when no one else is listening to you to goddamn lunch them already, you just ice em and go THERE, SEE, I WAS RIGHT :smuggo: (...or of course you end up horribly wrong, but at least then it was based off something meatier than a weak D1 hunch, or meta policy vig)

Just sayin. Don't @ me and make a whole slapfight out of it, if you disagree just go ahead with your apocalypse and I'll just enjoy saying told-you-so, probably from deaddoc

Plus, this:

CapitalistPig posted:

There will be 3p's with different abilities and the scum team will have additional abilities on top of their class choices.

The real glory is in self-vigging anyway

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

I am bad.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GeneX posted:

##vote Bifraudnen

Threadspammers go home

Fifth post of the game and GX nailed it, nice

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

Fifth post of the game and GX nailed it, nice

screw you guys, that was a perfect FFT reference

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dancer posted:

By nightkilling them?

OH I never got back to this, but close! It was a reference to one time where imgay vigged hiip for no reason and then later, upon being chastised for it, replied "what are you talking about? I singled handedly confirmed him as town"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

content game: what's everyone's zodiac sign!

you will all surely be surprised to hear I am a Taurus.

Pisces ♓

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

My D1 turbos are always spot on!

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

Trying to turbo without a rolling start, tisk tisk. Here, let me show you how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Hal

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Always <3

Toalpaz posted:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

SolusLunes posted:

bestest scumbuds

The Alliance 4: But this time it's mafia?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

guys I am trying to be extra chill this game please stop tempting me to just call everyone idiots all day

You rang?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I picked chemist so that I could become a black mage to get in on that sweet sweet Black Mage Apocalypse 2 action, but it appears as if... well, I'll let Gob (and others) say it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQW3KW3DCc

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm not going to reveal my class, I'll let my hints come through organically. Organic like compounds featuring carbon.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Your rolling start is too late, CL.

For I have already made a Real Vote.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Gaaaah, I'm too confused. There are too many posts and too many players. And you ALL look suspicious. Is it best to lynch someone today or not?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Asiina remind me pls. I remember agreeing with your point and wanting to vote with you but it's tooo harrrd to find it again on phone (and tipsy)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Kitiara posted:

Gaaaah, I'm too confused. There are too many posts and too many players. And you ALL look suspicious. Is it best to lynch someone today or not?

Always be lynching.

It's in towns best interest to gather as much info as possible early. Don't worry, more stuff will crop up after night 1 and the game can truly start. I think that D1's are the most awkward thing, but if anyone strikes your interest hit the filter by post button and just read through what they say to try and make things more manageable.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dancer posted:

##vote Asiina before she fakes another tornado as an excuse to lurk.

Is this it Dancer?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kitiara posted:

D1 lynches are good, though given the chance of vidjhpocalypse, I think a d1 chemist claim should (as in, I recommend) keep people away bar serious suspicion

That is, a chemist claim if you’re gonna be lynched, not now, do as I say not as I did

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dancer posted:

Asiina remind me pls. I remember agreeing with your point and wanting to vote with you but it's tooo harrrd to find it again on phone (and tipsy)

Solus votes for a turbo while throwing shade on the people who also voted for the turbo in the very next post:

SolusLunes posted:

Be hilarious if it actually hit scum, though.

Aim for that brass ring. Never look back.

##vote AA

SolusLunes posted:

I am inclined to think that the instigators of the turbo are more likely scum if the turbo hits town, though.

That would be these two:

also oh christ I'm doing casework in jokephase please just shoot me :smithicide:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yeah I'm down ##vote Solus

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
God I hope Squires do get a single-use nightkill or something because this game needs thinned out bad

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

protecting Jeabus, obviously :3:

He'll die by 1hp

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I want to turn into an onion knight. CPig how do I become an onion knight

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Dancer posted:

Yeah I'm down ##vote Solus

dancer you're gonna make me cry

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

Always be lynching.

It's in towns best interest to gather as much info as possible early. Don't worry, more stuff will crop up after night 1 and the game can truly start. I think that D1's are the most awkward thing, but if anyone strikes your interest hit the filter by post button and just read through what they say to try and make things more manageable.

Thanks, this is good advise. I haven't played much mafia (<5), but I have noticed that the times we haven't lynched in day 1 we just didn't gather any information and had nothing to go on next day. So lynching was my first inclination too. I'm a bit paranoid, because both of the times I played Mafia here I got in massive trouble (lynched while town) because of low post count. So I'm trying to post often, but man...

I agree with Aasina that Solus looks a bit iffy, but I'm getting bad vibes from YPM too. Also AA, but I get the feeling that looking scummy is part of his character?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
##unvote
##vote kit

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I guess I'm considered my balls in votefinder, who did that?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Are you saying you AREN'T your own balls?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My balls is a universal saying

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

imgay posted:

My balls is a universal saying

By SA standards, so is imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't choose my name, blame jakep

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

keep it 100 with me, who were you before imgay

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never had another username on this forum. My normal online handle is unluckyhat though.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was trying to think of something nice to say but all I could think of was rereg with that name, thanks for keeping it 100 tho!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This has made me miss good friend jakep

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

This has made me miss good friend jakep

New daddy Jakep. He'll be back. They always come back....

*sinister chortle*

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Has anyone called me lurking scum yet?

Because if so, I wanna fight you. Please identify yourselves because I wanna fight all of you, so bad. I'll fight all of you at once. Seven of you, twelve of you, I don't care, bring it on!

We'll fight unarmed. Disrobed. In a pit of mud! Just our wits and glistening muscles. One victor, sun soaked and sweaty, panting like an animal. A small army of shamful failures lying sore in the mud of their own defeat. We'll make a racket to shake the heavens themselves! I'll leave you disgraced and exhausted, quivering in your own weakness, screaming my name!!

Jesus. I need a cigarette.

Kupo.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Man, you guys are a bunch of weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Kitiara posted:

Man, you guys are a bunch of weirdos.

mafia.txt