Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

durrneez posted:

Different in what way?

I’ve only had the frozen ones. Last time I had one was 10+ years ago but I remember it being a delicious bread sack of chicken and cheesy ranchy goodness.

IIRC, the frozen ones are made with big chunks of rotisserie chicken while the ones in the food court are made with shredded chicken. They are also bigger in the food court.

Both are delicious, I just remember being slightly disappointed that it wasn't the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Dearest brothers and and sisters,

Is there a holier land than South San Francisco?

Within the confines of the city there are:

Not one...
Not two...
But three Costco warehouses!

And lo, one of them is a Business Center (with a food court!)

Verily, there is no more sacred land than this:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I had myself a dog & drink (just water) and an Acai Bowl for lunch. So good.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Cleaning out the work fridge and found :siren:2:siren: CHICKEN BAKES

SO tempting! Somebody convince me not to eat both of them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

do it and poo poo your brains out

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thems words of encouragement

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

There's a cold wind blowing down from the mountains so it's a good time to buy some tires.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i am harry posted:

There's a cold wind blowing down from the mountains so it's a good time to buy some tires.

sir this is just the walk-in produce cooler

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Got the vanilla froyo acai twist and vanilla was very nice but acai was disgusting

I'm sad the chocolate froyo is gone

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
The Business center Costco's are straight up something magical in its own regard. Just flat out a wonderland that offers you a jacket to walk into their frozen wasteland of the deep freeze and the ability to get sizes of products in even bigger bulk than your standard Costco is just surreal in every way and the one that I go to has no line at the register ever.

Also a food court. Sadly, closed on Sunday. Then again, with that much work, it's no wonder they rest on the 7th day.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

aqu posted:

Not one...
Not two...

There are 4 Costco's within 10 miles of my house, though one is a business Costco. But Washington is basically Costcoland.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Washington: the Kirkland State

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
What happens if you buy only Kirkland products at the Kirkland, WA Costco? :ohdear:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Got the vanilla froyo acai twist and vanilla was very nice but acai was disgusting

I love the acai. Last time I got the acai bowl she asked if I was sure I didn't want it mixed with froyo twice. No goddamn it give me my tasty fruit bowl and move on to the next parishioner.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

What happens if you buy only Kirkland products at the Kirkland, WA Costco? :ohdear:

You get a gift card to Starbuds across the parking lot.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Were they in the freezer or just the fridge section...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

aqu posted:

Not one...
Not two...

lmao jokes on u you got to drive on 101 to get to them and it takes 500 minutes to go a mile. 280 aint much better nowadays. gl going any times other than weekend at opening.

its ok im just mad bc i live in the east bay and the closest one is 10 minutes is richmond which serves like 50000k people, or i could go drive down 880 (worst freeway in california and thats saying something) and go to the san leandro which also serves 40000k people and takes like an hr to go 15 miles to it

outer east bay is a bit better bc theres either concord, antioch, or san ramon and so less people at each one in relatively short area. but then you'd have to life in trivalley ick

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Xaris posted:

lmao jokes on u you got to drive on 101 to get to them and it takes 500 minutes to go a mile. 280 aint much better nowadays. gl going any times other than weekend at opening.

its ok im just mad bc i live in the east bay and the closest one is 10 minutes is richmond which serves like 50000k people, or i could go drive down 880 (worst freeway in california and thats saying something) and go to the san leandro which also serves 40000k people and takes like an hr to go 15 miles to it

outer east bay is a bit better bc theres either concord, antioch, or san ramon and so less people at each one in relatively short area. but then you'd have to life in trivalley ick

Does the Richmond warehouse really get that crowded? I've gone there a few times and it never seemed significantly worse than the concord or antioch locations. I've only gone past 5 though so that might have something to do with it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

I love the acai. Last time I got the acai bowl she asked if I was sure I didn't want it mixed with froyo twice. No goddamn it give me my tasty fruit bowl and move on to the next parishioner.

I don't like the texture compared to froyo it's not creamy and smooth

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Were they in the freezer or just the fridge section...

Ha, its an actual refrigerator we have in our warehouse. And yes, they were stull frozen in their packaging. Might dig in those ranch pimples tomorrow

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Ha, its an actual refrigerator we have in our warehouse. And yes, they were stull frozen in their packaging. Might dig in those ranch pimples tomorrow

For some reason your post made me wonder what chicken bakes would be like if you just dumped them into a deep fryer. Maybe it was because you mentioned the word "ranch".

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

For some reason your post made me wonder what chicken bakes would be like if you just dumped them into a deep fryer. Maybe it was because you mentioned the word "ranch".

Mother of god!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

So... We should congratulate him on having 3 churches within a few miles of his overpriced walk-up in Hell?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Hello, My name is John Costco, owner and CEO of COSTCO WHOLESALE. I'd like to give you my business card so we can discuss your future at COSTCO.

*hands you $1.50 hotdog combo*

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hello, My name is John Costco, owner and CEO of COSTCO WHOLESALE. I'd like to give you my business card so we can discuss your future at COSTCO.

*hands you $1.50 hotdog combo*

Look at that subtle off-red coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark...

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

jerry seinfel posted:

Look at that subtle off-red coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark...

:perfect:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jerry seinfel posted:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
http://amp.kiro7.com/news/local/health-department-salmonella-linked-to-costco-warehouse/841818959

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I also was not thrilled with the acai. I usually got vanilla only when they had chocolate anyway, so really no big loss for me.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Truly you can get anything from Costco.

Pbuc.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Went to costco today bought a bunch of stuff!

Mostly like, household poo poo, but they had Marin French Cheese Co. camembert rounds, they usually just have their brie.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Got two sherpas, a downstairs sherpa and an upstairs sherpa.

PBUC.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I don't like the texture compared to froyo it's not creamy and smooth

I can see where that'd be jarring if you didn't know what to expect. Acai bowls are more like a smoothie texture. Had one for lunch when I grabbed my $14.99 sherpas.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Got a light jacket, my first Sherpa, and a pallet of cookies for a coworker's bday today. Then treated two of my co-workers to some delicious 1.50 quarter pound all beef hot dogs.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Chinatown posted:

You summon the Ancient One Who Saves

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

You summon the Ancient 24 Pack Who Saves

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Picked up some of those chicken and cilantro dim sum pot stickers things. On sale for $5.99 till Sunday. Get on it!

Also tried the chicken bake again. still total garbage.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This unwarranted chicken bake hate....why!? If they are so bad why they still on the menu!

In not food news, I need more of those drat storage containers. I had no idea they stacked until after I bought only 1..

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The chicken bake is garbage, but enough people like to eat garbage that it sticks around.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I think they really need to change out the caesar dressing that they use in the chicken bake. It's very flavorless. Even when I get the salads, I use just enough of it so that I'm not just eating dry leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

aqu posted:

Not one...
Not two...

Tustin CA, I used to live at a place equidistance from three Costco, two of them brand new Super Costco. And I didn't have to deal with the freeway to get to any of them.