Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hell yeah, Mona Lisa's definitely the standout of this album so far.

e: Oh my goooooood, Kendrick's killing it here :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Can anyone DM me a link?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

fyallm posted:

Can anyone DM me a link?

What? It's on Spotify.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
This new logic track with wu tang is fucken bangin. I cant remember the last time i heard them all come correct like this. Gdam

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

obi_ant posted:

What? It's on Spotify.

I'm the last spotify holdout guy

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Kdot on that schlob on my knob poo poo at the end of Mona Lisa but that track is fire wow

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm enjoying Dope Niggaz as well

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wiki says this album was recorded between 2012 and 2018, but it definitely doesn't sound like something that took 6 years of work. Obviously he wouldn't have worked on this for 6 years straight, but still.

Also, is it just me or is Weezy sounding more like a mumble rapper during parts of this than he used to? I haven't been listening to his mixtapes from the past few years, so maybe this happened a while back and I just never heard it before.

Zotix posted:

I'm enjoying Dope Niggaz as well
Yeah this one's good.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

No Drake track? No one from Hot Boyz? Odd.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's like a mix of his recent mixtapes and old Carter albums. I didn't skip a thing until that Nicki song so far so that's good. He definitely just scrapped all/most of the old Carter 5 he had and recorded this the past couple years.

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Never expected Special Delivery to be used as a sample in 2018. Weezy finally doing justice to this beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgHbPNHa9xo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Open Safe's real dope

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

RBX posted:

It's like a mix of his recent mixtapes and old Carter albums. I didn't skip a thing until that Nicki song so far so that's good. He definitely just scrapped all/most of the old Carter 5 he had and recorded this the past couple years.

Everything seems a bit underwhelming, but nothing really worth skipping so far aside from I Love You Dwayne (heh), Dark Side of the Moon and What About Me.

Standouts for me are Can't Be Broken and Mona Lisa.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This thing's definitely bloated. It could've easily been cut in half (only keeping the most fire tracks) and wouldn't have suffered at all as a result. Though Wayne's known for sipping lean, not having lean albums.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Wayne’s wordplay is ridiculous

Edit: let it all workout is beautiful, thug tears

Edit 2:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also, is it just me or is Weezy sounding more like a mumble rapper during parts of this than he used to? I haven't been listening to his mixtapes from the past few years, so maybe this happened a while back and I just never heard it before.

Wayne basically invented auto tune mumble rap

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 28, 2018

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

just found out gates dropped luca brasi 3 too? god drat

Edit: lmao keef dropped an album too

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 28, 2018

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
carter v doesn't disappoint, drat. great loving album.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yo, real poo poo this album is a lot better than I thought it would be. Wayne sound more energized than he's sounded on a studio album in a while. I'm feeling it. That Mona Lisa, Dope Dealers, and Demons especially. Those the ones that jump out at me while I write this as Used 2 play. Also I'm loving with Used 2.

My main question is which one of these ladies hurt Wayne? I count at least 4 heartbroken love songs on this joint.

I like this.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Let It All Work Out is a beautiful song.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
what the gently caress is going on with this new chief keef album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GY9Vn5YKzg

image.
Sep 18, 2018

I haven't followed the life of Carter 5 at all. Is this a completely new album from what Birdman was holding back? How much is the same/different?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We will never know unless he tells us

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Parts of it sound old like that Mustard beat.

Also I love that song Mona Lisa and Kendrick probably my favorite rapper these days but I wish he would knock that accent poo poo off sometimes. Like drat, bruh, we get it. You a character actor that happen to rap very well. That poo poo annoying when Eminem do it. And sometimes that poo poo annoy the hell out of me when it's Kung Fu Kenny.

HorseRenoir posted:

The comments on that video saying he didn't put this together. Apparently somebody at his label did it to gently caress with him but whoever change that beat to whatever that instrumental was should be slapped. On god. What kinda euro trash is was that?

AllNewJonasSalk fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 28, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Also I love that song Mona Lisa and Kendrick probably my favorite rapper these days but I wish he would knock that accent poo poo off sometimes. Like drat, bruh, we get it. You a character actor that happen to rap very well. That poo poo annoying when Eminem do it. And sometimes that poo poo annoy the hell out of me when it's Kung Fu Kenny.

i'm honestly wondering if this is an old verse (TPAB era or even earlier) because i feel like he didn't do much of that poo poo on drat, but I dunno, maybe I just got a selective verse

HorseRenoir posted:

this is the funniest thing i've ever heard. fuckin cher believe in life after love beat here

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 28, 2018

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just read the Kanye fader comments lmao loving WACK

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Holy poo poo I did not expect this hahahahahaha

Also carter 5 is mostly good! Weezy f baby

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm in tears. I never thought I'd see the day

WEEZY F BABY AND THE F IS FOR FINALLY FREE

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
carter V is good.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
drat, lil Wayne must go through a hell of a lot of lighters.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Mona Lisa might be Kendrick’s best song where he uses weird voices while also being the song with his weirdest voices.

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

Start this poo poo off right
https://youtu.be/H4xE9guGSGw

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Hard Knock Life, Black Star, and Aquemini all turn 20 this week, which is loving wild

conventionalcat
Dec 17, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

abraham linksys posted:

i'm honestly wondering if this is an old verse (TPAB era or even earlier) because i feel like he didn't do much of that poo poo on drat, but I dunno, maybe I just got a selective verse

this is the funniest thing i've ever heard. fuckin cher believe in life after love beat here

looks like one of the older tracks on Carter V. shkrelli previewed it last year (i still didnt think he had the real carter v till now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twBgF2pGQEE

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

T H A N K Y O U W A Y N E

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah it really sounds like tpab era Kendrick. It’s wild since a bunch of great music is sometimes locked away for years. Young thug - High was apparently made a few years ago as well.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Housh posted:

T H A N K Y O U W A Y N E
I Love You, Dwayne!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Got thru about half of C5 at work during lunch and enjoyed it thoroughly

Thank u Dwayne

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

new bladee https://soundcloud.com/bladee1000/bladee-trial?in=bladee1000/sets/exile

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i'd say C5 is probably about as good as C4. It's overlong and theres some rough hooks and features, but the highs are high. wayne raps his rear end off on the album which is always nice to hear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

tfw carter v finally drops