Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Dancer posted:

Yeah okay, that's the right answer. (Sorry GeneX, I'm following on phone and there are too many people to keep track of).

I'm a Squire. Any squire, unless I'm mistaken should know the obvious flaw in Bif's original theory.

yes, and it makes me lean town on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Dancer posted:

Yeah okay, that's the right answer. (Sorry GeneX, I'm following on phone and there are too many people to keep track of).

I'm a Squire. Any squire, unless I'm mistaken should know the obvious flaw in Bif's original theory.

Dancer, sweet dancer. Want to trade tonight?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Dancer, sweet dancer. Want to trade tonight?

:wink:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, we may as well out it at this point.

We just got a gun to give out tonight (and we can't give it to ourselves). So any mass vigpocalypse won't happen until D2.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

We just got a gun to give out tonight (and we can't give it to ourselves). So any mass vigpocalypse won't happen until D2.

Boo this man!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dancer posted:

hm... so if Yami thought I seemed to "guess it exactly", he must not be a Squire... or he's scum trying to pick his words very carefully.

If he's supposed to be a town Chemist though, who already knows the one-shot doc half of the equation, how did he miss all the reams of hints about Squires being vigs, including my own much earlier post explicitly talking about docs and vigs together, in my KB scenario? There were way less hints about docs, so Chemists should have had an especially easy time following my logic.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s for your own good

Nah, I want to live. I'll be the good boy. The bets boy. It sounds like you intend to murder me lol

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
give me a gun btw thanks

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
##unvote
##vote Solus

Bloodshed and info generally seems good.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Brainstorm. Is this a town play trying to prevent the town chemists from "wasting" their shots on a night where they think vigs might happen but they won't?
Then again, would those vigs actually be wasted, given the scum faction kill will probably still happen?
Then again, is this a scum trying to use this to gain town-cred?

:tinfoil:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

:heysexy:

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Did a couple quick rereads

I thought something Toalpaz said pinged me, but I went back and checked and turns out I was being dumb and misreading

Checked YPM's small case against ETR, and while I disagree with it it might be relevant that Solus was the one to confront ypm about it

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

Brainstorm. Is this a town play trying to prevent the town chemists from "wasting" their shots on a night where they think vigs might happen but they won't?
Then again, would those vigs actually be wasted, given the scum faction kill will probably still happen?
Then again, is this a scum trying to use this to gain town-cred?

:tinfoil:

It's just me playing the odds. The scum probably already know, so other town should go into tonight informed too for maximum wifom.

I would have let it go longer though, till right near deadline, to keep reading what people said about it. If you didn't already start us on this path. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Just to get all Mafia Dad for a bit, I'd advise against taking things like this as positive evidence of towniness. Scum can also use mechanics chat as a way to look like engaged and helpful players, without needing to make any case content or calls on people.

It's annoying when people go the other way and assume that trying to indulge in important mechanics chat at all means it's an actively scummy thing to do. But it's smart to not let stuff like this make you drop your guard.

It's like how I always have a weak spot for scum KB, even if he doesn't case enough I end up thinking he's town just cause he is generally intelligent and reasonable, and unlikely to stumble and do some dumb poo poo I jump on as scummy :v:

btw this principle also applies to this post. There is nothing townie about this post. But you are a cool Black Box friend, so even if some jerks go all "ooooh look at Bif going all Mafia Dad, scummy scummy" for this, it is still wisdom I wish to impart to you.

You're not my real dad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

Am I the only one who's wondering how long we're going to keep up this charade?

Unrelated (not), Bif is kinda my top town read right now. That mechanics discussion had one key thing wrong about it, that scum would know. Of course she *might* be faking it, wifom etc, but seems honest so far.

Gdi it's day 1.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

CubicalSucrose posted:

##unvote
##vote Solus

Bloodshed and info generally seems good.

That's a very content post!

SolusLunes posted:

I do expect to be dead N1 if I don't get lynched due to someone taking justice into their own hands

D1 shitposting should never be mixed with D1 casing, especially not if you're mixing them directly together

(so I have no qualms about blowing my night action load immediately!)

Unless I'm real good scum and didn't tell the rest of the scumteam about it...

I'm probably not scum. poo poo, I assumed it was a vig in several posts.

Could still be 3p though!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

hm... so if Yami thought I seemed to "guess it exactly", he must not be a Squire... or he's scum trying to pick his words very carefully.

If he's supposed to be a town Chemist though, who already knows the one-shot doc half of the equation, how did he miss all the reams of hints about Squires being vigs, including my own much earlier post explicitly talking about docs and vigs together, in my KB scenario? There were way less hints about docs, so Chemists should have had an especially easy time following my logic.

why is no one reacting to this post yet

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Anyone that hands out a gun N1 is probably not town.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

Could be a masonry but you've got some very good points.

And you've got a vote on it, so you're obviously standing behind it, so I'll do the same:

##vote Yami Cardgames

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

I mean, in total, like 4 people responded to your big theory-craft "positively" (as in: not challenging your conclusions). Including GeneX right now, and some other people further back. Currently I see all those people as equally "scummy-looking", Yami's just the one who read your post as scummy. Of course this is all kinda subtle, so I'm open to having my mind changed (maybe).

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BIF IS A SHE?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm not seeing it. He seems just as uninformed as you were. He made assumptions based on you seeming confident about your thoughts, which also proved to be wrong.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

What am I me at to be reacting to? He's already said he's a squire and says their vig doesn't work like you assumed.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Slamburger posted:

This is hilarious. You are going to have a giant list of scum to work through tomorrow most likely.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi I'm at a party because why the gently caress is a deadline on Friday.

No vote, not enough evidence for anything and I've no time to analyse.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

hambeet posted:

What am I me at to be reacting to? He's already said he's a squire and says their vig doesn't work like you assumed.

I just re-read his entire (short) post history. Where do you see a Squire claim?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

imgay posted:

BIF IS A SHE?

lol

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not seeing it. He seems just as uninformed as you were. He made assumptions based on you seeming confident about your thoughts, which also proved to be wrong.

hm, yeah on second thought, if he was scum he'd expect the claim to come out eventually and make that a bad case to be pushing...

##unvote

hambeet posted:

.... where did he say this?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dancer posted:

I just re-read his entire (short) post history. Where do you see a Squire claim?

efb

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Slamburger posted:

Someone give me a gun so I can shoot this scumbo, tia

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Slamburger posted:

lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

Oh wait was that you who was hunting at the mechanic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

Though to be fair, I should be doubting myself more, because currently it feels to me that I've reached a "logical" conclusion that literally noone else has reached, so who knows how I'm wrong.

Sorry thinking this was Yami for some reason. I conflated the two.

Im a squire too so the flaw was obvious from the get go and knew where dancer was coming from.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Random idea: everyone has one of two presumably evenly powered roles. Scum shouldn't be able to prioritize targets based off this. Mass claim?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Based *on* this wtf is wrong with me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

Sorry thinking this was Yami for some reason. I conflated the two.

Im a squire too so the flaw was obvious from the get go and knew where dancer was coming from.

I feel like it should have been obvious to fellow Chemists too though. Maybe not to AA or imgay, or to Nat just teasing me about doing a scumslip :v: but by the time it sank in and people could think it over properly, why did Yami still not follow?

Maybe he's 3P then instead of scum.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And my purpose with this: give non-town less space to hide on like day 5.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
If I can be bothered, I'll go through the thread during the night to collate all hard and soft claims. I'd appreciate y'all making the job easier tho :v:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm fine with it. It is already pretty obvious for a lot of us.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Maybe he's 3P then instead of scum.

actually yeah... apologies for the 3p hunting, but I didn't intend it to be 3p hunting at first. :cheeky:

without any strong scum reads yet, I wouldn't mind lunching a quite strong 3p read, in case it's like an SK or something.

##vote Yami again

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SolusLunes (7): Asiina, Dancer, IllegallySober, Yami Fenrir, Anomalous Amalgam, Your Personal Muse, imgay, Yami Fenrir, CubicalSucrose
Anomalous Amalgam (3): Eat The Rich, Natural 20, Asiina, SolusLunes, Hal Incandenza, Asiina, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, SolusLunes
Bifauxnen (2): GeneX, Yami Fenrir
Yami Fenrir (2): Bifauxnen, SolusLunes, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Hal Incandenza (1): chaoslord
KhediveRex (1): Epsilon Plus
Asphyxious (1): King Burgundy
flerp (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Slamburger
Eat The Rich (1): merk, Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
imgay (0): Asiina, Asiina, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, imgay, imgay
merk (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
King Burgundy (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
Epsilon Plus (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Your Personal Muse (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Kitiara (0): CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
CCKeane (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
hambeet (0): Kitiara, Kitiara, Slamburger, Slamburger
Toalpaz (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Asiina (0): Dancer, Dancer

Not Voting (9): A Sometimes Food, Asphyxious, CCKeane, flerp, hambeet, Jeabus Mahogany, KhediveRex, Kitiara, Toalpaz

With 28 alive, it's 15 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 28th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 52 minutes.

• Locked thread