Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is the body male or female?

We don't know anything about the main series body. Age, job, sex, nothin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

El Burbo posted:

Based off the noise from the sneeze I would say male, but that's the extent of my information :shrug:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I love the little eye shift right after that, perfect comedic timing.

Edit: Enjoy my lovely gif!
https://i.imgur.com/cuyCFB7.gifv

ElBrak fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 17, 2018

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
two episodes left. honestly can't wait for the teeth and brain parts. if the manga even has them.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/sorrysap_/status/1041605023996624897

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

El Burbo posted:

It's either an teenager or a human version of RBC. The main series body doesn't have any bad habits like the BLACK body. But they are either really clumsy or really reckless.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

golden bubble posted:

It's either an teenager or a human version of RBC. The main series body doesn't have any bad habits like the BLACK body. But they are either really clumsy or really reckless.

The hemorrhagic shock is a big deal, but the heatstroke one isn't too abnormal with how often it seems people pass out from the heat in anime. Reckless is pretty apt for a teenager though. It's possible, but unlikely that it's a child, but a preteen may be possible

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Could just be someone who plays sports.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

They've said the body's immune system is compromised, too, so that could also point at a variety of factors.
The two most obvious being AIDS, which would be pretty dark for an edutainment show, and old age.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

TerminusEst13 posted:

They've said the body's immune system is compromised, too, so that could also point at a variety of factors.
The two most obvious being AIDS, which would be pretty dark for an edutainment show, and old age.

If it's AIDS then the show would be significantly different. Here's someone else's take on a body with AIDS:

quote:

Well I'd imagine it to be something more dramatic than that. You see, you see, the body doesn't take HIV infection lying down. During HIV-1 infection, every day for the better part of a decade, the immune system destroy billions of HIV particles while the virus infect billions of CD4 until eventually, years later, the Virus finally out “we have reserves” your body.

It's basically the war against the flood or the war in heaven by the Xeelee against the photino Birds (or any one of those insanely long attrition hopeless forever war in sci-fi).

Imagine this; on the outskirt of the empire, urgent reports are coming in of an invasion by a new enemy. Vast fleets are mustered to meet this new threat and for a time, it seems that the enemy advance might be halted.

But the enemy is crafty, targeting your most experienced commanders. For every battle won or lost, millions of your CD-4 T commanders lies dead or corrupted, even as billions of enemy units are destroyed. But the enemies’ numbers seem limitless and yours… not so much.

In desperation, new commanders are rushed out of officer training schools and thrown into the battlefield to stem the tide. But with every memory cells lost, every native CD4+ T-cells in thymus destroyed, your manpower reserves are slowly but surely drying up.

That was generations ago.

Sectors goes dark due to lack of commanders and even what in sectors you hold, your fellow helper Ts are stretch dangerously thin.

And worse, enemies both old and new have taken noticed of the empire’s weakness and are invading, taking advantage of your decimated fleets to rampage in your thinly defended sectors.

You are one of the few remaining Helper-Ts. All projections predicts that within the next few generations, there would be literally no-one left to fight the enemy, even if the other opportunistic invasions doesn’t get you first.
But you fight on. Because there is no other choice.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TerminusEst13 posted:

I think when they say it was compromised, it was not what one would call medically compromised. I think in the context, it was meant like how security is compromised in a breach, i.e. something got through the outer defenses. The latter happens a lot in the human body, but usually nothing comes of it since it's handled so quickly.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Woof, I forgot it was a head injury. That's not good.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
i'm honestly scared.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Poor cells.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wanna see what the brain looks like.

I imagine some sort of huge castle or something populated by a nobility that speaks of strange and foreign concepts.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think the suit guys in the latest episode were supposed to be the brain

So a big corporate office

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite detail is how needles are depicted as these huge things emerging from the heavens with super detailed cloud cover all around and golden rays of light illuminating the scene.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://platelets.fun/

enjoy clicker

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

My favorite detail is how needles are depicted as these huge things emerging from the heavens with super detailed cloud cover all around and golden rays of light illuminating the scene.

One weird inconsistency is that open wounds are depicted as holes in the ground while things like needles are shown as coming from on high.

Imo, with the brain, We've not seen any sort of neurons yet so it may well be that the brain is just one large machine in a clean room with astrocytes getting stuff delivered to them and making sure everything's running properly.

Alternatively, the neurons in the brain work in a sealed complex on computers processing sorry data and feeding it to the body with no contact with other cells besides the glial cells that basically take care of them. Think office drones almost permanent planted in chairs with servants waiting on them hand and foot.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Nerves are depicted as communication wiring running along the underside of the blood vessel roads, so it's probably not quite as 1:1 as the circulatory system is.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I kinda see what this show's concept of the Eyes are like.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

El Burbo posted:

I think the suit guys in the latest episode were supposed to be the brain

So a big corporate office

They were still monitoring bodily functions and dealing with automatic internal responses to trauma. They may be brain, but only up to the stem, not the lobes proper.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if there's a caste of cells that live in the brain and manage actually interacting with data from the outside world and treat it like they're up on Mount Sinai communing with God or something.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I always thought the suited dudes in BLACK were Brain Cells.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

Nerves are depicted as communication wiring running along the underside of the blood vessel roads, so it's probably not quite as 1:1 as the circulatory system is.

That'd be the "Brain is represented as a giant computer in a clean room" thing. Blood-brain barrier means that practically nothing can get in other than what the blood cells are delivering, and even then, it's probably just bank-teller style windows or some sort of dumbwaiter system where there's minimal interaction between cells on either side of the barrier, if at all.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

If you're into this sort of thing there's a video of a doctor watching the first episode and going into the science behind what we see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnvgQCavmkM

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My girlfriend said this show would have been helpful during her intro to immunology class in college. I’m surprised at how detailed it is for edutainment really

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2018/09/28-1/quiz-whats-really-your-cells-at-work-blood-type

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Platelet winter clothes. :3:

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Fun fact: the big pan-out image in the latest episode of the anime is literally just a big panel from the manga that is a 'wheres waldo/wally' reference. In the manga there is also an image of the red blood cell protagonist, and it asks the reader to find her among the crowd.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This is picking at nits, but I kinda question the choice not to represent the accents of the transfused blood cells in the translation. I guess what happens is pretty obvious if you think for even a second, but I thought it was a cute touch that helps characterize biological processes, which uh,isn't that the whole thing this show is about?

But then again maybe not everyone grew up reading Claremont-era X-Men comics so maybe phonetic dialog freaks them out

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is picking at nits, but I kinda question the choice not to represent the accents of the transfused blood cells in the translation. I guess what happens is pretty obvious if you think for even a second, but I thought it was a cute touch that helps characterize biological processes, which uh,isn't that the whole thing this show is about?

But then again maybe not everyone grew up reading Claremont-era X-Men comics so maybe phonetic dialog freaks them out

They clearly talk differently than the native cells I think, even as a non-speaker.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

Fun fact: the big pan-out image in the latest episode of the anime is literally just a big panel from the manga that is a 'wheres waldo/wally' reference. In the manga there is also an image of the red blood cell protagonist, and it asks the reader to find her among the crowd.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Found her. She's not gonna tell you _____

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is picking at nits, but I kinda question the choice not to represent the accents of the transfused blood cells in the translation.

Between this, the terrible text placement for the educational blurbs, and the odd localization choices (let's leave kouhai untranslated, but find some really awkward English alternative for "-chan"), this show had one of the worst simulsubs this season.

Still a very pleasant and extremely watchable show though, I will absolutely watch a second season if they make one.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Araki posted:

the odd localization choices (let's leave kouhai untranslated, but find some really awkward English alternative for "-chan")

That was extremely weird and amateurish, I thought.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

There's plenty of simulsubs on Crunchyroll that just use "-chan" too, so this must've been some sort of personal preference on the translator's part. And guess what, their preference is bad, and wrong, and bad.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Well, after 16 years, I finally discover why that somewhat awkwardly-named "Sr. and Jr." Pokemon trainer class exists: difficult localization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

At this point, we should simply import the words into English. Senpai and kouhai.