Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Joseph practiced the ripple for like two months and stopped the second he fell into the volcano. If you think he thought at all about brushing up on it ever, you don't know Joseph Joestar

Theres a reason Tonpetty shows up to fight Dio in Part 1 and Joseph needs help getting around by Part 4. Its less so an act and moreso bouts of lucidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Not only is Joseph dead, he died in disgrace after publicly defending notorious war criminal Rudol von Stroheim.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Joseph seemed to be getting better after having a run-in with the invisible baby; aside from the supermarket thing, he didn't have any real senile moments afterwards.

But yeah, he looks significantly leaner than he did in the 80s.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I can't believe the guy who is on record saying that he "hates hard work and working hard" would ever stop practicing Hamon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

If the ED isn’t Gangsta’s Paradise I’mma be mad.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Part 5 is only two years after Diamond, so Joseph's probably still kicking around being old and having affairs.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Part 5 is only two years after Diamond, so Joseph's probably still kicking around being old and having affairs.

Josuke was 16 in Part 4, so that'd be 18 years since the 'last time', not just two years.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

If the ED isn’t Gangsta’s Paradise I’mma be mad.

I was leaning towards drat It Feels Good To Be A Gangsa, but either would be beyond awesome and hilariously censored.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Golden Wind is set in 2001.

What animated movie came out in 2001?

That's right.

It's finally time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Man, a JoJo part set in almost the modern year seems surreal.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Part 8 is set in 2011, which is the same year it began publication.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Even though the setting does jump around time settings, it's always weirdly timeless anyway. Turns out when everyone looks weird, no-one does.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 28, 2018

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Part 8 is set in 2011, which is the same year it began publication.

it doesnt seem to be ending any time soon either

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wasn't half that an act? Dude has done a lot of hamon, even if he's hella inconsistent about ever using it. Also he's incredibly rich in NYC, and has the ear of whatever the gently caress the Speedwagon Foundation can do. He could easily crack 100

:agreed:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hey, let's not forget that Jotaro could beat up a grown man as a child. :colbert:

In fact, I recall a number of times that Jotaro just opts to hit a guy with his own bare hands rather than using Star Platinum.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wasn't half that an act? Dude has done a lot of hamon, even if he's hella inconsistent about ever using it. Also he's incredibly rich in NYC, and has the ear of whatever the gently caress the Speedwagon Foundation can do. He could easily crack 100

Yeah but on top of getting his rear end kicked plenty of times he also

1) Lost a limb
2) Almost drowned several times
3) Got a tumor that beat the poo poo out of him
4) Had a stand rampage around in his brain
5) Got stabbed or impaled at least a few times
6) Had his soul stolen and was turned into poker chip
7) Turned into a magnet, probably internally harmful due to iron in the blood or something, there's a really weird part 5 stand that kinda deals with this concept too
8) Crashed almost every vehicle he ever boarded

None of this has to be particularly good for longevity.

Counterpoint: DIO BLOOD!?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
On one hand, DIO BLOOD. On the other hand, that thing where he convinced Jotaro that he was DIO reborn. That's the greatest poo poo he'll ever pull. I mean, how fast was that turn around? Joseph was literally dead on the table, and in the five seconds between regaining brain function and waking up he has already 1) Figured out that Jotaro gave him a transfusion of vampire blood 2) Decided that the way to thank all the nice people for saving him is to scare the poo poo out of them 3) Managed to make his eyes glow red. But anyway, this was Joseph's crowning achievement as a human being, and as a consequence, he subconsciously gave up afted.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Remember that it's all Pointless Crap!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You all seem to be under the misconception that DIO hasn't been playing the long con by pretending to be Joseph this whole time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Hey, let's not forget that Jotaro could beat up a grown man as a child. :colbert:

In fact, I recall a number of times that Jotaro just opts to hit a guy with his own bare hands rather than using Star Platinum.

Within 10 minutes of arriving in a sleepy seaside town to sort out a family financial issue, Jotaro punched a 16 old in the jaw in the middle of the street.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Within 10 minutes of arriving in a sleepy seaside town to sort out a family financial issue, Jotaro punched a 16 old in the jaw in the middle of the street.

Jotaro is v good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

YggiDee posted:

On one hand, DIO BLOOD. On the other hand, that thing where he convinced Jotaro that he was DIO reborn. That's the greatest poo poo he'll ever pull. I mean, how fast was that turn around? Joseph was literally dead on the table, and in the five seconds between regaining brain function and waking up he has already 1) Figured out that Jotaro gave him a transfusion of vampire blood 2) Decided that the way to thank all the nice people for saving him is to scare the poo poo out of them 3) Managed to make his eyes glow red. But anyway, this was Joseph's crowning achievement as a human being, and as a consequence, he subconsciously gave up afted.
my favorite part is that he uses hermit purple to create the spooky mood lighting if you go back and watch tt

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

there were like five witnesses to this too

had to save face after that sixteen year old destroyed his hat

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
TBF, it's a really dumb hairdo.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Wark Say posted:

Y-you said the thing that shouldn't be said...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wark Say posted:

The gently caress

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Wark Say posted:

MODS!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What time can we expect the subtitled episode to go up on CR next week? Well it actually be out Saturday for most of us?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

typically it's up fairly soon on the same day, it's generally available before like 11 am my time on Friday (which is central time)

maybe earlier, i don't remember

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

typically it's up fairly soon on the same day, it's generally available before like 11 am my time on Friday (which is central time)

maybe earlier, i don't remember

would hulu get it at the same time?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Y-you said the thing that shouldn't be said...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The gently caress
I'm a failure as a faux-provocateur. :negative:

Hello there! :wave:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wark Say posted:

I'm a failure as a faux-provocateur. :negative:

fauxvocateur

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Wark Say posted:

Giorno's is dumber

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WfN8Zmhkug

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

part 5 is not the best part but it is the gayest part, somehow even outdoing part 2 on that front

this isn't a complaint mind you

e:

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Nah I'm not saying he's a dedicated practitioner that'll live as a forever youth like his mom. Morso extrapolating that, having ever done it at a high intensity scattered across his life and incredibly infrequently afterward, he should have some residual magic kung fu health effects even if he's not getting the full practitioner package. Enough that living to 100 as a rich guy that was super buff isn't a reach.

the residual magic kung fu effects are that he's somehow still alive after losing all of his blood and getting it back in the space of half an hour or so

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Sep 29, 2018

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

part 5 is not the best part but it is the gayest part, somehow even outdoing part 2 on that front

this isn't a complaint mind you

Where is Steel Ball Run on this scale?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there are different kinds of gay

thank you

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

there are different kinds of gay

thank you

Jotaro could easily be the subject of a Tom of Finland drawing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pomplamoose posted:

Where is Steel Ball Run on this scale?

it's a mere Extremely Gay on the Gay Scale, while Golden Wind is an impressive Insanely Gay

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I know I technically read through the entirety of part 5 ages ago, but I've somehow retained almost absolutely nothing about what happened in it other than the very last panel.

It was similar with part 4. Looking forward to another round of confusingly being surprised by things I have nostalgia for but don't actually remember.
:downs:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I am excited for new jojo but I am nervous that my old jojo friends won't be there

I hope they are all happy and living good lives off screen :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Agoat posted:

I hope they are all happy and living good lives off screen :)

I'm afraid to tell you that there's no good life for a thief with no dignity, so Koichi is most likely living a bad life off-screen.