Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

PC Beta? Lmfao, sounds like the Obama administration. Remember to lay the smack down upon that follow button for more in your face content, no pulled punches. Wormskull

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

PC Beta? Lmfao, sounds like the Obama administration. Remember to lay the smack down upon that follow button for more in your face content, no pulled punches. Wormskull

Lmao. And no it doesn't require PS+ apparently

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Even if it was I think you can just make a new PSN account on your machine and get a free trial of + without even putting a credit card in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CEOTaku finals day scheudle

i usually skip pools at american tourneys bc everybody is trash but today is gonna be awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

what thefuck

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

what thefuck

It's gamer approved dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dipping my Gamer Grub into my Wake Up Nutty Flavor Peanut Butter by the Nutty Peanut.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this guilty gear top 8 has been v good sso far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

this guilty gear top 8 has been v good sso far

the kedako/deb match was compeltely insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObedientCooperativePlumageWOOP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming UNIST top 8 hype!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just in case you forgot SFV wasn't the most despicable FG of all time Capcom has graciously added a classic claw outfit but only as a time-limited rare Lootbox drop

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1044649868717830144?s=20

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

it's okay they'll sell it to you later on at a premium price

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://twitter.com/God_Press/status/1045705044421758989

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SC6 feels amazing and brings back intense sc2 nostalgies but I have no idea how to play this fame, what button do etc.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Beta is fun but then again DBFZ beta was something I also thought was fun so time will tell. I have high hopes anyway.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-xvNDih6Rs

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Could someone explain what the buttons in this game do (PS4)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can rebind them but

A is horizontal attack
B is vertical attack
K is kick
G is guard

Combos do other things like throws and supers and reversal edge and guard impact but idk how SC6 plays since I haven't tried it

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

A+G is throw, different directions give different throws, as well as whether the opponent is facing in front, from the side, or the back.

B+G is reversal edge which i don't understand the full implications of yet. But it deflects attacks and then puts you in an Rock Paper Scissors type situation with the initiator having the advantage. I don't know what is supposed to beat what.

A+B+K is your super.

Back A+B+K is Soul Charge. Everyone's soul charge does a different thing but think of it as a powered up state that only lasts a limited time.

A+B, B+K, and A+K are just different ways to do normals. That's every button.

Sorry I didn't put them in PS4 notation because I don't use the default layout on stick but I think A is Square, B is Triangle, Circle is Kick, and Guard is Cross. And I think R2 is a shortcut to do Super.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't apologize to scrubs...they don't to deserve it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Duhhh what button is LK. Yeah right. Whatever. Somebody play me in super turbo for 4 hours tomorrow.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This is fun but I hate them not putting a training mode in these betas. Does this game even have, like, specials with direction inputs? Because i've tried a lot of the usual suspects but it's really hard to tell if they do anything, especially with the animations being so busy (which isn't really a criticism, the pace is cool but it just makes it really hard to figure things out during a live match compared to 2D stuff like Cross Tag where it was very clear immediately what my inputs were doing even without a tutorial) . Either way I think I really like the flow of this game even though I'm not sure what's going on.

Also I thought R2 was a Super shortcut too but then I played as Ivy and no matter how full your meter is R2 doesn't do poo poo (unless you're guarding a combo and use it to do that "push them away" thing that I forget what it's called in other games). I did her Super once but I have no idea how

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 29, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

And yeah I have no clue what happens in Reversal Edge lol it just feels like a coin flip

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sometimes betas are just the full game with no online for 4 weeks because the game is gold and they wanted to provide a copy for locals, and sometimes it's this trash where you have to stare at a menu for 7 minutes before it connects you to a 1 bar euro and I uninstall before the load screen is done.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Sometimes betas are just the full game with no online for 4 weeks because the game is gold and they wanted to provide a copy for locals, and sometimes it's this trash where you have to stare at a menu for 7 minutes before it connects you to a 1 bar euro and I uninstall before the load screen is done.

I will say that even though the wait for matches is awful Ive been really impressed with the netcode with the "4+ bars only" option . But i'm also an eternal fg noob and don't notice bad connections unless they're really bad

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

My connections have been fine because I didn't try playing this at noon on a weekday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I will say that even though the wait for matches is awful Ive been really impressed with the netcode with the "4+ bars only" option . But i'm also an eternal fg noob and don't notice bad connections unless they're really bad

I tried to play right when it launched and every game I played felt like complete dogshit and i hope the shipping game doesn't donthis same crap where it only reveals connection strength after the match is over bc I would refuse every euro Talim playing pedo with 2 bars.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Alright, I'm getting a better grasp on Reversal Edge now. If you just realize that pressing forward makes you duck under horizontal attacks and pressing up or down makes you sidestep vertical attacks, it becomes a lot simpler. There are definitely other things you can do besides those two but that's the super basic way to go about it. I have seen special attacks done after reversal edge that do a lot of damage but I'm told their triggers are character specific and I don't know how they're done. I did it once by chance as Zasalamel and I've seen Geralt do it several times.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This game makes me hoot and holler. I love it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kongming posted:

A+G is throw, different directions give different throws, as well as whether the opponent is facing in front, from the side, or the back.

B+G is reversal edge which i don't understand the full implications of yet. But it deflects attacks and then puts you in an Rock Paper Scissors type situation with the initiator having the advantage. I don't know what is supposed to beat what.

A+B+K is your super.

Back A+B+K is Soul Charge. Everyone's soul charge does a different thing but think of it as a powered up state that only lasts a limited time.

A+B, B+K, and A+K are just different ways to do normals. That's every button.

Sorry I didn't put them in PS4 notation because I don't use the default layout on stick but I think A is Square, B is Triangle, Circle is Kick, and Guard is Cross. And I think R2 is a shortcut to do Super.

Thank you.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

You can rebind them but

A is horizontal attack
B is vertical attack
K is kick
G is guard

Combos do other things like throws and supers and reversal edge and guard impact but idk how SC6 plays since I haven't tried it

Thank you

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

So I've noticed that B+K seems tends to do stance stuff if your character has stances. For Yoshimitsu it lets him do all his different stances depending on what direction you push and for Groh it switches him into dual sword attacks.

Speaking of Groh he's a scumbag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiboNT6ofk4

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://cdn-cms.bnea.io/sites/default/files/static-files/PS4_Control_Manual.pdf

Here's the official manual and it explains everything including the Reversal Edge RPS interactions. So mystery solved.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This game is SICK

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've had a lot of fun but after only 2 days the Supers and Wager stuff piss me off with how long the animations are.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Supers are too long but at the same time you don't get meter very fast in this game so they're not a constant thing like Level 3s are in DBFZ. Reversal Edge I haven't formed a real opinion on yet but I'm leaning towards "it was a bad idea".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It’s badass cuz it allows Lady Luck to grant me, a noob, a chance to deal some serious damage