Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Praise be the RNG...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
If there's still room put me in, I'll be a back up otherwise.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

If there's still room put me in, I'll be a back up otherwise.

Welcome to the RNG queue.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Plz PM forums mod to rename thread lol it's killing me

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Plz PM forums mod to rename thread lol it's killing me

Dude you think it’s bad, I’m refreshing the forums every few minutes over here! I PMed FactsAreUseless last night, I’m sure it’ll be fixed before too long.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I will sign up to roll them dice!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'll only play if you make me scum, not a joke, i will 100% replace out if im not scum, and then also that will mess up the game because that player will be confirmed not scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Zzz

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'll only play if you make me scum, not a joke, i will 100% replace out if im not scum, and then also that will mess up the game because that player will be confirmed not scum

:thunk:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sounds like you shouldn't let MMM play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Let him play, I am willing to replace in when he leaves and people will still think I am scummy so it is ok

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Max posted:

Wow rude! trying to turn my good friend podima against me and stop me from playing the newest installment of "the highest quality games on SA"

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Podima lied that this is a shine game and this is actually a baldi's basics game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Wow rude! trying to turn my good friend podima against me and stop me from playing the newest installment of "the highest quality games on SA"

I thought you were enjoying Skype mafia with your new off-forum friends!!!!!!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I thought you were enjoying Skype mafia with your new off-forum friends!!!!!!

The league isn't started yet, and you guys were talking so much about how great Shine was last night.

E: also "enjoying" is a bit of a stretch

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks Palpek for sorting the thread title out! :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RNG me cap'n

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh I was more of a IV kinda guy...

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh poo poo i missed this thread rng bless my entry

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
In just under the wire! Signups are closed, RNGing now. Stand by!

:beerpal:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Signups closed, and the dark powers of RNG have spoken! :cheers:

Player List:
  1. Asiina
  2. Asphyxious
  3. Bifauxnen
  4. BottleKnight
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. hambeet
  7. IcePhoenix
  8. IllegallySober
  9. King Burgundy
  10. Max
  11. Mr. Humalong
  12. Murmur Twin
  13. sniper4625
  14. Social Studies 3rd Period
  15. SolusLunes
  16. TMMadman

PMs will be going out soon. All players (and observers), please join this Discord - game will begin once everyone is in and PMs have been sent: https://discord.gg/krqW3kD
(You should only be able to see a single #arrival channel with just me on the members list - if anyone sees something different, please alert me immediately.)

Everyone who signed up and did not get in is on the Replacements list - please confirm via PM to me if you want to stay a replacement or if you want to just observe.

Replacements (* means unconfirmed):
1. Toalpaz*
2. Xad*
3. Kashuno*
4. Tommunist*
5. CapitalistPig*
6. Anomalous Amalgam*
7. GenericGirlName*
8. imgay*
9. Lumpen*
10. GeneX*
11. Natural 20*

Thanks to everyone who signed up!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5_57PF7HwM

quote:

Got a dream, boy,
Got a song!
Paint your wagon,
And come along!

The United States were a shell of their former self, cut almost cleanly in twain by Pancho Villa's conquest of the West, and the subsequent creation of the new nation Nuevo Villa. While relations between the two neighboring powers were frosty at first, Villa seemed genuinely interested in forging a strong relationship with the country he had just torn in half. Thus, lines of communication between Nuevo Villa and the United States stayed quite robust - even if most other modern methods of travel (railroads included) were undergoing fairly severe interruptions. Anyone who wanted to travel across the continent was limited to fairly basic methods... such as the simple covered wagon.

quote:

Where are we goin'?
I don't know!
When will we be there?
I ain't certain!

The rumors spread quickly across what remained of the United States - and a welcome distraction it was, from the realities of what war had wrought. Gold had been found in what was once California (they were still sorting the whole naming thing out, so the old names of places largely held sway for now), and adventure-seekers began to look west with great interest. Taking advantage of the situation, Pancho Villa made an official proclamation that any who wished to seek their fortune in his new nation were more than welcome - and quite a few people took him up on his offer, as multiple wagon trains began to make their way west.

quote:

What will we get?
I ain't equipped to say!
But who gives a drat?
Who gives a drat?
We're on our way!

One such wagon train began its journey west, full of migrants from all walks of life. While they had no clue what sort of adventures lay ahead of them, one thing was for certain... Shine would make it an interesting adventure.

At least, for all but one of them.

:rip: Izzhov, aka Lyda McArthur, Migrant-Aligned Brewer {Lie Detector}, was shot dead on Night 0! :rip:
While inspecting their possessions, you find a torn scrap of paper covered in curious scribbles. It is passed up and down the wagon train and carefully inspected, but nobody seems to know anything about what it could mean.

Despite the cheerful start to the journey, things have quickly grown tense. Distant as you already are from Eastern civilization, this murder could only have been committed by someone from your group. Your only option is apparent - find the murderers, and leave them hanging from a tree as you press westward. Otherwise... your journey might come to a rather abrupt end.

:cheers: Day 1 starts now. Deadline is Tuesday 02-OCT-2018 at 8:00 PM EDT. :cheers:

The wagon train is moving at a steady pace. Today's execution method is Simple Majority.

Podima fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 4, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Not Voting (16): Asiina, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Max, Mr. Humalong, Murmur Twin, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period, SolusLunes, TMMadman :rubshands:

With 16 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 22 hours.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Confirming.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Confirming

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Conforming

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello friends!

I'm voting for the first person to make a joke about dying of dysentery.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I never played Oregon trail is there a web based version.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

hambeet posted:

I never played Oregon trail is there a web based version.

Several. Here's one.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Pancho Villa made an official proclamation that any who wished to seek their fortune in his new nation were more than welcome - and quite a few people took him up on his offer, as multiple wagon trains began to make their way west.

who cares about him, what's Arnold up to

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

You fucker, always beating me to the punch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Excellent.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I DEMAND MORE LORE

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lore n aughter

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Hello friends!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

Conforming

drat you, I was going to make that joke.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No prizes for second

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There is GOLD in them thar hills!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm so excited to set up a new life in the new country led by the best leader ever! Pancho Villa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

No prizes for second

:wink:

• Locked thread