Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Does she use Evers because Lance was her trainer, or is that a coincidence?

Yes.

I've lost track of the years at this stage. But I am sure it was 2017. That Spring Evers went through WWE legal at a decent cost like. At the time she was going to report to NXT after Wrestlemania but it never happened for whatever reason.

Lance Storm on a recent F4W radio appearance it will basically be her WWE name whenever she signs.

Again I've lost track whether was a WWE renaming her thing or that Rachael was still really on the outs with her father. As told on the first MYC Paul Ellering forbid her going into Wrestling and didn't speak to her for like two years.

Lance was her new father figure during her initial career seemingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Now that I’ve seen Io wrestle on something other than a YouTube video and slept on it, I see why everyone said she’s so good. There’s a crispness to her strikes and moves that I’ve really only ever seen from one other person: Asuka.

Io can probably handle a match with anyone in WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Monkey's paw curls a finger closed.

Brie Moooooode

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Io survived Japan, Brie wouldn't survive any receipts for being a sloppy, dojo tier wrestler.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Taynara really surprised me. She's definitely gotten a lot better, and finger based grappling always makes for a great heel. That finger webbing across the rope bit definitely got a grimace out of me.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Nicole Matthews's match and recent banning bums me out. Her match was just not good and her gear not fitting really took away from it. She talked about Ronda's WM match where she kept adjusting her gear too, so she knew to avoid it, but apparently wearing a new outfit without testing it was her downfall.

She's had some really great matches in SHIMMER, so its a shame it didn't translate to WWE.

And yeah, I legit thought Xia got injured during her match because of how short it was and the fact that she stayed on the mat for quite a while after the pin. She worked the 2nd night without issue, so she is just really great at selling Io's moves I guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Xia is green but I think she has a lot of natural babyface charisma and with enough time could be a nice underdog face a la Sami and Bayley.

So I'm saying she should probably avoid WWE at all costs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

she does a bit in stardom where she catches a streamer and ties it in her hair like a ribbon it's a mystery how she's not the biggest babyface in the world

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DM Punk posted:

Nicole Matthews's match and recent banning bums me out. Her match was just not good and her gear not fitting really took away from it. She talked about Ronda's WM match where she kept adjusting her gear too, so she knew to avoid it, but apparently wearing a new outfit without testing it was her downfall.

She's had some really great matches in SHIMMER, so its a shame it didn't translate to WWE.

Apparently, her match with Toni Storm at DEFY completely fell apart the weekend of the MYC tapings too. I dunno what was going on with her then. Like I said she is talent and brains to burn. One of my favourite female wrestlers of the last decade easily.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Super No Vacancy posted:

she does a bit in stardom where she catches a streamer and ties it in her hair like a ribbon it's a mystery how she's not the biggest babyface in the world

that's adorable

I hope she improves in Stardom and becomes a baby Candice LeRae.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Glad social media and forums were so high on Xia. She's only 19 and a young 19 looks/build wise. Paige was a real learning lesson on signing someone too soon. And Florida is so restrictive to those below 21 years old - driving and apartment rental.

She has made big strides ever since she hooked up with STARDOM. Currently is better out of the NXT system than in. Going by others in a similar position once that changes WWE will come knocking.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope that she has other interests besides wrestling that she is pursuing as well. It just seems like being so young in the business, she could get burned out with wrestling if she's going to do it for a long time.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
It sounds like it was more of a problem than usual, but Matthews has always had an issue with having to readjust her gear.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

nicole really shines in a live setting, one of the absolute best at crowd work, nobody better at working to the room their in

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 30, 2018

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

oatgan posted:

nicole really shines in a live setting, one of the absolute best at crowd work, nobody better at working to the room their in

Allysin Kay is also on that level.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I don't want to say ANYTHING to hurt her case but Nicole not commenting on the situation should suggest to you that she is appealing or has someone possibly helping her. So keep the faith.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Are there any like must-see Ice Ribbon matches? I watched a few videos of the promotion on Youtube and it looks neat

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 1, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Tonight's MYC episode will be stacked.

- Mercedes Martinez vs. Meiko Satomura

- Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Toni Storm

- Rhea Ripley vs. Kacy Catanzaro

- Taynara Conti vs. Lacey Lane

Only Taynara vs Lacey seems weak from a first glance. Mercedes vs Meiko is going to be goddamn amazing though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hana moved on from Oedo Tai pretty fast and has a new BFF

https://twitter.com/asuka10272140/status/1047523143835836417?s=19

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
That Meiko/Mercedes match is worth going out of your way to watch.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Tonight's MYC episode will be stacked.

- Mercedes Martinez vs. Meiko Satomura

- Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Toni Storm

- Rhea Ripley vs. Kacy Catanzaro

- Taynara Conti vs. Lacey Lane

Only Taynara vs Lacey seems weak from a first glance. Mercedes vs Meiko is going to be goddamn amazing though.

Narrator: IT WAS.

Honestly though, I think Kacy had the breakthru performance of the MYC. I really see superstar in her. My only concern is her small size will limit what she does on the main roster. I mean, it worked well for Alexa, but not sure Kacy has the promo ability yet.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Meiko/Mercedes was stiff as hell and incredible. It was one of those matches you wish could have gone an hour. I loved it.

At least the Lane/Conti match was short, but man, feeding Lane (who is still incredibly green and didn't really look any more impressive than her first appearance) to Meiko is... well, at least Lane can put "beaten to a pulp by a legend" on her resume.

Toni and Hiroyo was also fun and Kacy has a lot of potential even if she has to clean up her spots a bit more before she's ready for prime time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TheHock posted:

That Meiko/Mercedes match is worth going out of your way to watch.

https://twitter.com/RealKingRegal/status/1047668977500082178

https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1047671162787045378

rovert fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 4, 2018

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

My god, that was outstanding.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Goddam, Meiko/Mercedes was rad as hell. It really sucks that Mercedes is near the end of her career cause she deserves a real WWE run. I was expecting Toni/Hiroyo to be better than it was so even though it was good I was still a bit disappointed. Kacy's looking so good for so early in her career, that DDT was next level. I was actually quite into Lane/Conti and wouldn't have minded it going a bit longer but hey ho.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They should sign Mercedes anyway.

That match was wonderful.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Meiko/Mercedes will be hard to top for the tournament. Even Cole couldn't help but yell hell yeah at the end. I truly hope that Lacey Lane doesn't get some contrived underdog victory over Meiko. Lacey is green as hell and shouldn't be sniffing the quarter finals at all. Unfortunately, Meiko uses a DVD which plays right into Lacey's finisher that requires her opponent to put her in position.

Toni/Hiroyo was great but Full Sail has not seemed to care about Hiroyo at all. Guess they only got room to love a limited number of joshi.

Throwing up the super rookie alarm for ninja warrior. She even recovered nicely from a botch albeit with Rhea taking control of the situation. Kacey being so tiny that Rhea had to deadlift her no matter what for the Rip Tide was a great visual. Solid finisher name too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhea covered for the botches well, she didn't do any significant phantom selling so they just looked like real misses which is fine because those would happen occasionally in reality.

Kacy also did a good job making the second dropkick attempt look like a "No I'm hitting her with this" determination rather than a robotic get back to the spot that usually happens.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Man, Conti's selling and facial expressions were really bad in that match. She kept sticking her tongue out for some reason.

Main event was really good, though!

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I want Rhea and Pete Dunn in the next MMC. She's going to be a great nemesis to Alexa.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Man, Conti's selling and facial expressions were really bad in that match. She kept sticking her tongue out for some reason.
The Central FL fans took a couple photos of her making silly faces and now she thinks it's a thing.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Rarity posted:

I was expecting Toni/Hiroyo to be better than it was so even though it was good I was still a bit disappointed.

Honestly I kind of feel like this about most of Toni's matches.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Go RV! posted:

Honestly I kind of feel like this about most of Toni's matches.

Yeeaaaah, I know she's well-liked in general but she hasn't done much for me in the MYCs or on NXT so far.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4yPzvl3Bs

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Stardom tag league blocks are out

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1048074267550568448?s=19
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1048074696078516224?s=19

Disappointed that Hana didn't bring her alliance with Asuka over from W-1/WAVE but cool to see Mari back.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I hope they have Mari and Hana do promos in Spanish, but only subtitle Hana's half.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Honest question after watching Kacy slip up.
What do they teach recruits to do in the event they botch at the PC?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Dr. Baker posted:

Honest question after watching Kacy slip up.
What do they teach recruits to do in the event they botch at the PC?

In the case of the MYC, Bryan apparently said the women were told to do the spot again, and they would edit out the botch before it aired. However they kept Kacy's in because it made her even more over.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I couldn't say for a fact, but I thought Rhea did a really nice job of covering for it while Kaci got her bearings back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Toni Storm

I'm such a mark for Toni Storm that it's embarrassing. If her promo work developed a bit, I think she would easily be a main eventer for years to come. I'm honestly not even sure she's that good, but she just has a star presence.

I still enjoyed watching Lady Godzilla wrestle, but her character is really one-note. I wouldn't mind if she got signed, but she would feel destined to a midcard heel role if she did. Nothing wrong with that, though.

The Boston Crab spot near the end seemed super sloppy, and I'm not sure whose fault it was. Matsumoto kind of just stood there and held Storm's leg except for a couple seconds where she applied pressure, and then stopped for no reason.

The double knees from the ringpost, followed by the headbutt/German spot were all great, though. The jackknife cover was also sweet.

Beth was particularly bad on commentary here, which was too bad because I think she had improved over the course of the first round.

Kacy Catanzaro vs. Rhea Ripley

I want to see Catanzaro wrestle someone who's only a few inches taller than her. Her offense against these bigger wrestlers is just so hard to believe except for something like a hurricanrana. Rhea looked like she was wrestling her daughter or something. I know wrestling means heavy reliance on suspension of disbelief, but for some reason I can't do it with her. She needs either the presence of an Alexa Bliss to seem more threatening than she is, or the wrestling ability of a Sasha Banks to make her stuff look impactful.

Even that ludicrous DDT was so convoluted that it seemed like Rhea was faceplanting herself. Kudos to Rhea for her selling of that DDT though, she flopped like a lunatic and she looked like she just got concussed. I think Rhea did about as well as she could to get herself and Kacy over.

The botch on the ropes was bad, but again, she's trying to jump like her full body height from a standing-still position. Even for a world-class athlete, that's gotta be tough to do reliably.

Last thought: I want a Toni Storm/Rhea Ripley tag team. Or maybe a storyline where they're kayfabe sisters or something. They could pull off a Sisters of Destruction gimmick.

Lacey Lane vs. Taynara Conti

I must've had a stroke or something, because I have literally no memory of Lacey Lane despite her having a memorable look. Weird.

This was pretty good, and I think the super-short match was a good change-of-pace. I liked the fast pace, and Conti continued to impress. I really like her offense. I wish she would do less of that weird tongue stuff? There was a main roster wrestler who was just constantly sticking their tongue out who I can't remember at the moment, and it's like the worst gimmick. Don't overuse it!

I feel like Lane has that Ember Moon problem of having way too many things going on, but I like that they're selling her finisher like death. Gives her credibility against her better-known opponents.

Mercedes Martinez vs. Meiko Satomura

Oh hell yeah, this match. It seemed stiff as gently caress, just really impactful-looking offense and a grudge match feel. I don't have a lot to say about this other than that it was a really great match.