Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I think he's okay with me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Pet him to make sure :3:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Been petting and scritching the heck out of this dog. Also I think I got my first "wake the gently caress up human" alarm clock this morning. I'm like "Duke go away" and "he's like nah dawg you're going to get out of this bed or I'm going to lick you to death"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Left Monty at a friend’s house last night to babysit for the next few days.

I feel like a part of me got chopped off :smith:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

It’s painful now but it’s really nice for doggies to have alternate human friends. He’ll be fine! Good luck with the month-less activities.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Been petting and scritching the heck out of this dog. Also I think I got my first "wake the gently caress up human" alarm clock this morning. I'm like "Duke go away" and "he's like nah dawg you're going to get out of this bed or I'm going to lick you to death"

Oh lord that's how Apollo wakes me up. You'd better listen to Duke before he upgrades to the "paw on the face" method.

If you want to sleep in, I recommend getting up, walking the dog, then going back to bed. Usually they want you up because of that. Or it's breakfast and you're sleeping in past it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Took Gulliver to the county's central dog park yesterday. He was in his element, he ran, wrestled, and trotted for 2.5 hours straight, only pausing for water. There were at least a score of other dogs, so he had a great time.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

He's sitting here doing these weird paces around the couch and after 20 minutes I'm like "Duke what the hell are you doing?" and I realize that he's getting mad and attacking the shadow of the windowblinds and now I've been laughing my rear end off for a solid half an hour

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SquirrelyPSU posted:

He's sitting here doing these weird paces around the couch and after 20 minutes I'm like "Duke what the hell are you doing?" and I realize that he's getting mad and attacking the shadow of the windowblinds and now I've been laughing my rear end off for a solid half an hour

Wow laughing at ur protector

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoT8u92lXWW/

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I miss Monty.

It was tougher this time than my previous trips because I didn’t have him around my apartment last night.

Luckily this is my last trip for a while. And this one was optional, I only did it because I’m on a new project and it was important for me to go on one ASAP.

Enjoy your pups for me.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

boop the snoot posted:

It was tougher this time than my previous trips because I didn’t have him around my apartment last night.

Being around your house without the doggo(s) just prior to or after a trip is the weirdest loving thing.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

https://imgur.com/gallery/AH8gJ1O

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

I miss Monty.

Luckily this is my last trip for a while. And this one was optional, I only did it because I’m on a new project and it was important for me to go on one ASAP.

Enjoy your pups for me.

Apollo has received a boatload of belly-rubs today, multiple walks around the house as we supervised my mom cutting down branches, a trip to the dog park (five dogs there! five dogs who wanted to play!) and then another trip around the house to chase some birds.

He's now snoozing on the couch, totally happy. :3:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yo, any hot tips for camping with a dog?????

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ElMaligno posted:

do

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Well duh, but I wanna know more my dude

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Take pictures

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
But seriously just take food and water and first aid stuff.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

ElMaligno posted:

Well duh, but I wanna know more my dude

Make sure you have a leash.
Bring extra water.
What kind of camping? Backpack? Car next to your tent?
How does your dog handle meeting wildlife?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

El Jebus posted:

Make sure you have a leash.
Bring extra water.
What kind of camping? Backpack? Car next to your tent?
How does your dog handle meeting wildlife?

Car next to tent.

She wants to chase and bark at things.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

ElMaligno posted:

Permaleash, lots of h2o, extra food if they're gonna run around a lot, have him carry stuff if he's able, let him sleep in the tent or at least vestibule with a pad (ground heatsinking is no joke). Supervise and pack out the poops.

Put a bell on his collar so wildlife knows to gently caress off. At night I put a quite powerful strobe on mine's collar in case they manage to sneak away (makes them hilariously easy to spot, vs virtually impossible without).

Bring a pet first aid kit and learn how to use the basics (footpad injuries are v common on house dogs camping for the first couple times). Or train them to use booties.

Bring a ground tether unless you want him to tug on your wrist/waist while you're trying to pitch your shelter. If you're hiking quite a bit start with a hike you know won't challenge your dog so you can focus on other issues that could creep up.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I did not forgot my promise, though I am a week late! Please enjoy these pictures of Coco, a very good girl and therapy doggo.

She helped us get settled in my friend's guest room!

She also really enjoyed the soft blankets I brought with.

Also, if someone is nearby, she prefers to nap touching that person rather than being fully in her doggo bed.

We also went to an event where there were dogs to pet! This Great Dane was also a very good girl.

And there was also Harvey, a very excited lil tripod. :3:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Riding my bike home to take Lando for a midday walk sure has its perks, namely getting to give him a little mini snug session and ear skritches before I ride back to work :3:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Pretty good dog camping advice. Not much to add. Not sure they have rattlesnakes where you’re at? That was my biggest concern.

The dogs sure do love it though!

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 2, 2018

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

Small islands are the bees-knees for dog-camping. If you are near a lake that has small islands on it, just load the dog in the canoe with the rest of the gear, and paddle over. Then the dog gets to wander around and explore without a leash.

Reggie, in his sponson-equipped harness, loves canoe camping:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
oh my god :kimchi:

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Chico also went, but he was generally not as enthusiastic about being in a canoe. He just sort of endured until we landed on the island.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Juniper met Olive today, no barking, no fighting, even shared the same bed while eating bones. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

all hail pontoon dogs

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

ElMaligno posted:

Juniper met Olive today, no barking, no fighting, even shared the same bed while eating bones. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh my god
they’re perfect
:kimchi: :kimchi:

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

What fine dogs.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

Fancy new bandanna - a gift from Japan.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Winter Rose posted:

Fancy new bandanna - a gift from Japan.

i don't think i can believe that a dog as ridiculously cute as this can actually exist

i must verify for myself

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Babysitter pupdate

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Goddamn I love my dog.

A lot.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The Montster is a scary good boy.

Lando had a doggy equivalent of an existential crisis yesterday: not being able to decide whether to snuggle with his favorite stuffy or chew his favorite bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm delighted to see he took the why not both approach