Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vinylshadow posted:

They're the Thirteen Weapons Factories of Villengard, Nightmare of the Seven Galaxies, and the Daleks took a stab at getting them during the Time War

:rolleyes: “The universe is so full of hyperbole these days. We’re usually just known as Granflux Industries.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1045714517844512769

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Oh snap

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If they could somehow do Claudia Grant playing Young Susan and Carole Ann Ford playing Old Susan I would be down with that.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Ready for Carole Ann Ford to be playing the granddaughter of the mysterious ancient Gallifreyan, the Other :unsmigghh:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Box of Bunnies posted:

Ready for Carole Ann Ford to be playing the granddaughter of the mysterious ancient Gallifreyan, the Other :unsmigghh:

I think she will play a regeneration of Torvik, the Doctor and the Master's childhood friend.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Box of Bunnies posted:

Yessssss, make Lungbarrow canon.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The_Doctor posted:

Yessssss, make Lungbarrow canon.

No don’t :ohdear:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Transformers already did ("The Arisen" my rear end) so at this point...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stick Lungbarrow IN a cannon :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Stick Lungbarrow IN a loom :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Jerusalem posted:

Stick Lungbarrow IN a cannon :colbert:

specifically a demat gun

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The BBC has officially released the already-leaked bit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love the tongue bit :)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Chokes McGee posted:

specifically a demat gun

An impulse laser?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

An impulse laser?

The mind probe?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1 week! :derp:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The_Doctor posted:

The mind probe?

No, not the mind probe.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's a suppository probe

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1046369142650130432

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I never really put any effort into watching this show but thanks to the bbc America marathon I have now seen a whole lot of Arya and the foul mouthed Scottish guy from In the Loop and I wish the show was nothing but them now

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nine had the ears
Ten had the teeth
Eleven had the chin
Twelve had the kidneys
Thirteen has the tongue

Next, I'm guessing nose

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

Nine had the ears
Ten had the teeth
Eleven had the chin
Twelve had the kidneys
Thirteen has the tongue

Next, I'm guessing nose

No, that was 11 again. The Nose, The Legs, and Mrs Robinson.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

No, that was 11 again. The Nose, The Legs, and Mrs Robinson.

Arthur Darvill for 14?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

No. Not the suppository probe. :geno:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

precision posted:

I never really put any effort into watching this show but thanks to the bbc America marathon I have now seen a whole lot of Arya and the foul mouthed Scottish guy from In the Loop and I wish the show was nothing but them now

Can't help you on the Arya front, but for more great foul-mouthed Scottishness, there's The Thick of It, which is the parent series of In the Loop.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Doctor Zero posted:

No. Not the suppository probe. :geno:

Would you prefer the Hand of Omega?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Narsham posted:

Would you prefer the Hand of Omega?

And didn’t we have trouble with the prototype...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i mean, i assume if they do get to 14 they'll probably be a woman again? i dunno i guess we'll see

alternatively, first american doctor

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh no, they’ll go completely safe again and go back to white dude after Jodie.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Hayley Atwell is going to be the Fourteenth Doctor and I won't hear a word otherwise

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

In a strange turn of events it’s going to be Alex Kingston.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Doctor Zero posted:

In a strange turn of events it’s going to be Alex Kingston.

Okay, that's one word I'd hear otherwise

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The_Doctor posted:

Oh no, they’ll go completely safe again and go back to white dude after Jodie.

Black American woman. Let Twitter burn!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
No, no, no it'll be a black male. Shitheads won't be able to decide whether they're happy the Doctor is a man again or pissed that he's black.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Q_res posted:

No, no, no it'll be a black male. Shitheads won't be able to decide whether they're happy the Doctor is a man again or pissed that he's black.

Idris Elba would be amazing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Indian dr who would be more likely

depressed sanjeev bhaskar ambles around the tardis like a dead man

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sacha Dhawan would be great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Seconding the recommendation of The Thick of It. It's an incredible show. Veep is also very, very good and surprisingly different (sometimes they're competent!) but you need that purestrain Capaldi in your life.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I actually meant to type The Thick of It, I couldn't remember which one was the film and which was the series :shobon:

And yeah Veep is insanely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

precision posted:

Idris Elba would be amazing.

He's apparently not doing Bond so...

I'll once again say Patterson Joseph, but also,

The_Doctor posted:

Sacha Dhawan would be great.

• Locked thread