Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Is he putting camping fuel into his buttermilk?

*incidentally fermented buttermilk is great, you all should try it*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Lone Badger posted:

'Mineral turpentine' is petrochemical, and that's what I mostly see on the shelf.

Oh, maybe it's a regional labeling thing? I've certainly seen mineral spirits on shelves, but not mineral turps. And I think they also call that White Spirit in the UK.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

doverhog posted:

Is he putting camping fuel into his buttermilk?

*incidentally fermented buttermilk is great, you all should try it*

Sterno squeezings.

quote:

squeeze

Sterno which is separated from the wax by squeezing it through a cloth - often a dirty sock. Sterno is a canned cooking fuel used under buffets and for camping. Squeezing it produces methyl alcohol, (methanol), which produces an intoxication when drank. Its a last resort for an alcoholic who can't afford drinking beer or liquor.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pookah posted:

Love the outraged birb in the feeder; it's so angry that the big stupidface shoved its big stupidface in and ate the food.

I've heard of birds getting eaten by horses but I wonder if it's true with deers

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've heard of birds getting eaten by horses but I wonder if it's true with deers

Absolutely. All herbivores will occasionally eat meat or other animal products if it becomes available -- sometimes to make up for gaps in nutrition and minerals, when food is scarce, or because they're actually omnivores but generally have an easier time scrounging up plants to eat.

Hell, deer have been known to eat human remains, and gnaw on bone to the point to where it becomes difficult to ID the body and determine cause of death.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWcGEo4OqhU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Absolutely. All herbivores will occasionally eat meat or other animal products if it becomes available -- sometimes to make up for gaps in nutrition and minerals, when food is scarce, or because they're actually omnivores but generally have an easier time scrounging up plants to eat.

Hell, deer have been known to eat human remains, and gnaw on bone to the point to where it becomes difficult to ID the body and determine cause of death.

I've been team anti-deer for a long while now and this just confirms that I was always right.

Do they actually ask that? Like is it indicative of something? I haven't used a non-mechanical pencil in decades because the sounds fucks with me too much and I'd rather use a pen even then.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is my favourite Kelly cartoon, because Kelly cartoons are funniest when the character's right-wing views clash with his self-centred bitterness. Here he portrays the anti-abortion movement as the villains because he hates his children and thinks they ruined his life and wishes he'd had them aborted.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pookah posted:

Love the outraged birb in the feeder; it's so angry that the big stupidface shoved its big stupidface in and ate the food.

I love how the deer backs away like it realises it's been caught in the act.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q91dUtDYkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdTXaFtDqZE

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

This is my favourite Kelly cartoon, because Kelly cartoons are funniest when the character's right-wing views clash with his self-centred bitterness. Here he portrays the anti-abortion movement as the villains because he hates his children and thinks they ruined his life and wishes he'd had them aborted.

"I'm undecided on abortion, on the one hand I support it because it kills babies, but on the other it gives women a choice..."

He's this except literally^

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I also like the one where his characters visit a farmer's market and are disgusted to see actual farmers selling produce because they expected it to be a tourist attraction.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/NoBFK5x9FKs:spidey:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

In Australia, flip flops are called thongs :eng101:

The sound of spiders wearing thongs is uh......

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
My wife is a pharmacist where a lot of homeless guys shop. She says every week, at least one guy comes in to steal Listerine to drink because it's easier to steal than booze.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MariusLecter posted:

Sterno squeezings.

i think it should be mentioned in case any goon tries to create squeeze that methanol is the poison one that makes you blind and destroys your liver, life, etc. ethanol is the same except the blindness

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Methanol kills you much faster than ethanol though.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

your body metabolizes methanol into formaldehyde, which is not at all like drinking yourself to death with ethanol (alcohol). don’t drink methanol.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I think it comes up every time we have this discussion but this was a HUGE problem in Russia where there's a pretty big market for ethanol-based products like perfumes and bath tinctures that people were drinking when they couldn't afford actual alcohol, to the extent that crime gangs were manufacturing tonnes and tonnes of fake products that shops were selling to desperate people for crazy low prices. Except sometimes they padded out the volume with some methanol and dozens and dozens of people died.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wtf Russia doesnt require the alcohol in those things to be denaturized? thats just asking for people to drink it

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

wtf Russia doesnt require the alcohol in those things to be denaturized? thats just asking for people to drink it

A Soviet MIG-25 base in the '70s had so many conscrpits die of poisining at once that their mothers forced a full investigation. There had been problems before with fresh hydraulic fluid being stolen and made "drinkable", but they had clamped down on the supply. They found that pilots were flying behind a mountain and dumping fuel. This cut their flights short so mechanics could drain the barely used hydraulic fluid out of the planes. Once strained of additives, that poo poo was supposed to be pure alcohol. Even barely used, it had degraded enough to be poisonous in a way chunks of bread couldn't filter out.

Yeah, someone will find a way. Someone else will find a way to sweep it under the rug, too.

Anyways...

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Screaming Idiot posted:

There was a mild scare down home a few years ago when people kept finding mutilated baby birds on the ground.Game cameras showed it was deer upturning the nest to eat the babys, but just the bones. They needed that extra calcium for big antlers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yes, deers get eaten by horses all the time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

It's the other way around. The deer eat horses

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's a deer eat horse world.

(Don't you just hate it when people think it's "it's a deary horse world?")

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/ElaraPictures/status/1045746643583356928

RareAcumen posted:

What did you search for? I know for tumblr you gotta look for the video/mp4 link.

I just have an extension to download Instagram images/videos at full resolution.

The rat says squee
May 6, 2007
What else should they say?

Krankenstyle posted:

It's the other way around. The deer eat horses

Poor old Freckles, thought of Bambi and died.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The rat says squee posted:

Many a horse's last thoughts have been some variation of "oh dear".

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

"Meat's back on the menu, boys!"- Thumper.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Tabasko sweet did it first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbvfS-DA1UU

Woodburger
Dec 5, 2004

...Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn.
For about 3 months in my hometown years ago there was a psychotic deer on the loose. Apparently (as reported in the newspaper) a deer got hit by a car and survived but with serious head trauma. For 3 months the deer was spotted all over town at night and would chase and try to attack dogs, cats, people and cars. My friend swears he was driving home one night and saw a deer with one antler and a messed up head that proceeded to ram the side of his car.

Eventually animal control claimed that they killed it but I don't know. Somewhere in the hills of the East Bay Area there is a brain damaged deer running amok along with some escaped experiments from the Lawrence Livermore Labs.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

tribbledirigible posted:

"Meat's back on the menu, boys!"- Thumper.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Poor old Freckles, thought of Bambi and dined.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

My wife is a pharmacist where a lot of homeless guys shop. She says every week, at least one guy comes in to steal Listerine to drink because it's easier to steal than booze.

One of the funnier, yet sadder quotes from Stephen King's On Writing is about his increasing alcohol and drug use in the 1980s.

quote:

A year of so before, observing the rapidity with which huge bottles of Listerine were disappearing from the bathroom, Tabby asked me if I drank the stuff. I responded with self-righteous hauteur that I most certainly did not. Nor did I. I drank the Scope instead. It was tastier, had that hint of mint.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Woodburger posted:

For about 3 months in my hometown years ago there was a psychotic deer on the loose. Apparently (as reported in the newspaper) a deer got hit by a car and survived but with serious head trauma. For 3 months the deer was spotted all over town at night and would chase and try to attack dogs, cats, people and cars. My friend swears he was driving home one night and saw a deer with one antler and a messed up head that proceeded to ram the side of his car.

Eventually animal control claimed that they killed it but I don't know. Somewhere in the hills of the East Bay Area there is a brain damaged deer running amok along with some escaped experiments from the Lawrence Livermore Labs.

That's an awesome crappy horror movie franchise asking to be made.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Tony Snark posted:

That's an awesome crappy horror movie franchise asking to be made.

As long as it's done by the people who did Rubber, the sentient murderous tire.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Deerly Departed

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Wanna make a "doe" joke but I need a synonym for "arrival" that starts with the letter "e".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shifty Nipples posted:

Wanna make a "doe" joke but I need a synonym for "arrival" that starts with the letter "e".

entrance/entered?