Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I was re-reading some of the earlier chapters, and I forgot how ridiculously strong Adam Dudley apparently is

Yeah I wonder how his physical strength matches up against the other physical powerhouse type fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Looking forward to the four chapters of Hatsumi sleeping, since Bando's dead.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
https://mangadex.org/chapter/457053/1

God drat Raians face :stare:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kazzy just gained another fan.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Okay but what about all that property damage huh

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Oh Snapple! posted:

Getting matched against Wakatsuki in the first round just seems like the second-worst luck imaginable, with only a match vs. the Fang being even less desirable.

Funny then that both guys got picked on purpose for the first round, while everyone avoided Gensai like the plague. I wonder if the second round is gonna shed more light on him and his CEO, they've both been pretty distant to the story so far.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Man that chapter had so many good bits there’s too many to call out.

Except, gently caress yeah Kazzy!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Bushmeister posted:

Funny then that both guys got picked on purpose for the first round, while everyone avoided Gensai like the plague. I wonder if the second round is gonna shed more light on him and his CEO, they've both been pretty distant to the story so far.

Buff Kung-fu dude that nobody had a beef with so was avoided.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
based on agito's reaction i assume niko is someone he has lost to

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Kure wheelchair grandpa continues to be great.

Bushmeister posted:

Well he seems to knows Niko. Dude looks like he is going to become more important with that panel.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

kure patriarch erioh is lucky to be alive after the absolute lashing he got from kazzy

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Fellis posted:

Man that chapter had so many good bits there’s too many to call out.

:yeah:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Niko's more well-known than I thought, I thought he was just a fight hobo that didn't know anyone.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's nice that they aren't sticking with the dumb luck routine for kazzy and are finally letting him do some cool poo poo intentionally. He's still a total goofball, but he's been shown to be incredibly perceptive when it comes to combat, to the point where he sniffed out Akoya's trick in the first round even if he couldn't quite fit all the pieces together and figured out that Raian couldn't use the removal anymore before the other fighters did.

Now he's straight up blackmailing the Kure clan patriarch to ensure his son's and fighter's safety. He's developing throughout the story and I'm afraid of how powerful Kazzy the Kengan Master will become.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kazzy's gaining confidence. When push comes to shove, he can do what needs to be done! (or doesn't, actually, but is still impressive).

I'm betting Ohma will be in a coma until like right before his next match, just for maximum drama.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm really curious how they're going to address Ohma's health, since we now have explicit confirmation that Ohma has been killing himself as long as he's been using the Advance. Add that to getting kicked around by Raian and it seems like he should be about ready to die or be permanently crippled, heartwarming revelation or no.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Kure wheelchair grandpa continues to be great.

Hell yeah.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kanos posted:

I'm really curious how they're going to address Ohma's health, since we now have explicit confirmation that Ohma has been killing himself as long as he's been using the Advance. Add that to getting kicked around by Raian and it seems like he should be about ready to die or be permanently crippled, heartwarming revelation or no.

It's sand running out of an hourglass, much like a water balloon with a hole poked in it.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Kazzy rules, this was a great issue.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

No wonder the ref felt comfortable stopping the fight. Jesus christ.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh my lord that first look on Setsuna's face...

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this manga owns so goddamn hard

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm so drat HYPE for the ultimate hoss battle coming up in the next fight.

Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/457490/1

now this is going to be a good fight

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Now I desperately want to see Julius flex his eye too.

Go steroids.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
So Julius is basically just Jack Hanma from Baki?

I am perfectly fine with this.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Well this match started off quick and I think Muteba gave us a hint of how it’s going to end

Aug 24, 2011

julius is still struggling to get over how badly kazuo intimidated him with that thrown soda can

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Well this match started off quick and I think Muteba gave us a hint of how it’s going to end

With a Julius loss of course.

I was fairly certain before hand but that clinches it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gaolong sees Julius as a good fighter which surprised me. Guess that means he has some technique buried within his roids.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Okay, I laughed my rear end off at Julius's backstory. "He took so many goddamn steroids that he became a superman!"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
drat Wakatsuki has a good gimmick. This fight is gonna loving shred

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Kanos posted:

Okay, I laughed my rear end off at Julius's backstory. "He took so many goddamn steroids that he became a superman!"
That's how you know he's evil. A good guy just does body-destroying training ten times as hard as everyone else every day until they become a superman.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AtomikKrab posted:

With a Julius loss of course.

I was fairly certain before hand but that clinches it.

This is where I'm at too

Hypocrisy posted:

Gaolong sees Julius as a good fighter which surprised me. Guess that means he has some technique buried within his roids.

Yeah but Wakatsuki has been setup as a contender to take on Agito. Which feels like he's mid-boss territory in terms of ability

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

GoldenPrice posted:

So Julius is basically just Jack Hanma from Baki?

I am perfectly fine with this.

Does that mean he will spend an entire chapter vomitting because of excessive drug usage? Because that is a thing that happened and baki is very weird.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cosmo is lucky that he didn't draw Julius in his first or second match. Setting aside the strength difference, I don't think Cosmo's arms are even long enough to wrap around Julius's limbs or neck. Cosmo would Zone and be left dangling helplessly from Julius's arm until Julius gets bored and flings Cosmo into the air.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 1, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Kanos posted:

oh hey so he's the Jack Hammer of this series?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wakatsuki is Oliva

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao Mutemba owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe