Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm actually a huge fan of the Costco chicken bakes. More so than their pizza at least. You can find good pizza anywhere but the chicken bake is a terrific value at 2.99 and I still think it's delicious. It's not as good of a deal as the doggo but man does not live on doggos alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Jesus christ how many mozzarella sticks were you eating

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Jesus christ how many mozzarella sticks were you eating

6-8 sticks almost every night. I have a small chest freezer that was purchased purely to hold mozzarella sticks, these days it’s more like 1/3 mozzarella sticks and 2/3 Normandy blend

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I went to Costco, walked through every aisle and left with the one item I came there for. Y'all got zero self control.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Good Dog posted:

I went to Costco, walked through every aisle and left with the one item I came there for. Y'all got zero self control.

Gj wasting your time i guess

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Gj wasting your time i guess

It's not a waste of time to see what the Costco's got, man.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

I've gone to 'co solely for allergy meds (holy loving tits the savings) and a ONEDOLLARANDFIFTYCENTQUARTERPOUNDPLUSALLBEEF dog with drink and a refill before.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Good Dog posted:

I call this the No-Cart Method.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BaconCopter posted:

I've gone to 'co solely for allergy meds (holy loving tits the savings) and a ONEDOLLARANDFIFTYCENTQUARTERPOUNDPLUSALLBEEF dog with drink and a refill before.

I've literally just gone for the dog a few times.

Good dog and you can't beat that price.

Speaking of, I tried Ikea's hot dogs the other day. The huge banners advertising them all over the store made them look like Costco's awesome foot long sausages. What I got were something I could have microwaved at home if I was feeling unbelievably lazy. A lovely, shriveled wiener on a stale, crusty bun. And they only had ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. And their sodas were exclusively sugar-free.

Ugh.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Phylodox posted:

I've literally just gone for the dog a few times.

Good dog and you can't beat that price.

Speaking of, I tried Ikea's hot dogs the other day. The huge banners advertising them all over the store made them look like Costco's awesome foot long sausages. What I got were something I could have microwaved at home if I was feeling unbelievably lazy. A lovely, shriveled wiener on a stale, crusty bun. And they only had ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. And their sodas were exclusively sugar-free.

Ugh.

If I lived closer I'd def go for just the dog. Actually, I took my roommate there once so he could get a laptop and a tv wall mount and all I bought was 2 dogs!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly a few years ago the Costco pizza was great but they hosed with the crust and the sauce and now its really kinda poo poo.

I'm really not a fan of the thicker crust they use and I swear the sauce tastes like poo poo now too.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Phylodox posted:

A lovely, shriveled wiener on a stale, crusty bun

TMI

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

arisu posted:

I'm actually a huge fan of the Costco chicken bakes. More so than their pizza at least. You can find good pizza anywhere but the chicken bake is a terrific value at 2.99 and I still think it's delicious. It's not as good of a deal as the doggo but man does not live on doggos alone

You cannot live on just hotdogs and chicken bakes..you need one of those big tubs of Pub Mix for the crunchy part of the food pyramid.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

i am harry posted:

You cannot live on just hotdogs and chicken bakes..you need one of those big tubs of Pub Mix for the crunchy part of the food pyramid.

I've been led astray by this thread often, first with the pub mix then with the normandy blend, that it's a wonder the Sherpa Throw defied all odds and turned out to be heaven.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

meet girls at the store posted:

6-8 sticks almost every night. I have a small chest freezer that was purchased purely to hold mozzarella sticks, these days it’s more like 1/3 mozzarella sticks and 2/3 Normandy blend

unadulterated hedonism like this is why i can't stop coming back to this thread

bless you

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
A 2002 reg thinks that this thread is the peak of hedonism.

I'm not saying this thread doesn't get excessive, but if you think a dude having a chest freezer for fish sticks even registers on the greater scale of internet hedonism, you have an angelic naivete of the internet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

meet girls at the store posted:

whoa

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hey remember to grab an Instant Pot to throw in your cart full of Sherpas and chickens. They're on sale this week.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

FilthyImp posted:

Hey remember to grab an Instant Pot to throw in your cart full of Sherpas and chickens. They're on sale this week.

Only through today. It's like Costco knew when I was gonna be 4+ hours away from any warehouse so they made it a 3 day sale. :arghfist::nono:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

El Jebus posted:

I call this the No-Cart Method.

I tried this Friday and the cashier was like "uh, you're gonna need a box to carry all this stuff my man"

even without a cart the savings were too powerful to contain

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They should have some carts at the back of the store so when you go in for 3 things but then your arms are full halfway through you can abort your cartless run.

Also, paint a line down the middle of every aisle, and maybe people will subconsciously treat it like a 2 lane road instead of going 3 wide in the same loving direction and then stopping to chat creating a road block.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FilthyImp posted:

The instant pot is made for that freezer section full of fish/chicken/whatever. It should be issued with the membership.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Costco is two miles from my house, but my wife will pay more to order stuff from the web site just so she doesn't have to deal with all the morons blocking everything with their carts.

Also, the Kirkland organic Greek yogurt is amazing. I bought it one time when they didn't have the 0% Fage and I prefer it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GI_Clutch posted:

Costco is two miles from my house, but my wife will pay more to order stuff from the web site just so she doesn't have to deal with all the morons blocking everything with their carts.

Also, the Kirkland organic Greek yogurt is amazing. I bought it one time when they didn't have the 0% Fage and I prefer it.

Every time I’ve used Costco.com the price was the same as it was in store. Is this not true for everything?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

MarcusSA posted:

Every time I’ve used Costco.com the price was the same as it was in store. Is this not true for everything?

The website has always been substantially more expensive whenever I've compared to store prices. :confused:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah I typically see :airquote: free shipping :airquote: but a bit more expensive online than in store. They really could use a better web site that doesn’t sign me out all the time or put me back to the front page when I’ve signed in to see the price.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bummey posted:

The website has always been substantially more expensive whenever I've compared to store prices. :confused:

Hmm maybe I never really noticed it but when I saw some clothes in store they didn't have my size in they would typically be the same price. Probably haven't paid enough attention to it though honestly.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, the online prices either are more expensive because they include shipping or you're paying $3 per item for two day shipping unless you spend $75. One time she bought Kleenex and those Nature Valley almond butter biscuits. Cost $6 to get something I could have picked up on my almost weekly trips. To top it all off, the shipping box and items were all smashed up.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Powershift posted:

They should have some carts at the back of the store so when you go in for 3 things but then your arms are full halfway through you can abort your cartless run.

Also, paint a line down the middle of every aisle, and maybe people will subconsciously treat it like a 2 lane road instead of going 3 wide in the same loving direction and then stopping to chat creating a road block.

I wish everyone treated the lanes as if they were driving. Would be so much smoother.

GI_Clutch posted:

I'm curious what others do in this situation. My rule is if you aren't touching your cart I will move it out of the way (unless I see a purse/Rx/personal item, then I treat it as them touching it). If you are touching your cart and you are blocking me, a loud "excuse me/con permiso" will be delivered.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I’ve found the sale items are usually the same price but yeah, everything use is more expensive.

https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Costco-delivery-vs-in-store-A-price-comparison-12259201.php

You can even order online without a membership but there’s a 5% surcharge.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

No one cares about your opinion anyway, Josh

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to costco yesterday The main entrance to the parking lot is closed off because they're constructing a brand new :siren: GAS STATION :siren: It also makes getting in and out of the parking lot completely hellish.

Got some perogies, spinach ravioli, shrimp scampi, lots of milk, and some vegetables that I have no intention of eating. Ever have one of those weeks where Sunday hits and you just know there's no chance your going to cook? Costco saves me from ordering out too much.

Free samples were out in full force yesterday too. So many free samples that it was a lunch in itself. There were enough that there was no lines for any because everyone was full. It almost tricked us into buying a giant family sized bag of bugles because that's the junkfood of our childhood and we both wanted it. But that's way too much junk food for two people so we got a box of individually packaged popcorners instead.

The dumbest sample of the day was for some starbucks coffee though. They were smart enough to hide that in the corner corner of the store because of all the idiots who need their coffee JUST RIGHT and stood there adding tiny amounts of milk/cream/sugar until they got their thimble of coffee just the way they want it.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 1, 2018

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If you aren't drinking coffee black you might as well get a juice box instead, you loving child

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Drinking black coffee isn't a tough-guy thing, it's because sugar is bad for you.

Also if you buy good coffee in the first place, you don't have to cover up it's flavor with additives.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FogHelmut posted:

Drinking black coffee isn't a tough-guy thing, it's because sugar is bad for you.

Also if you buy good coffee in the first place, you don't have to cover up it's flavor with additives.

yeah but it's a starbucks sample so..........

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Oh yeah they had a whole team of people selling pot stickers and offering samples.

I was totally going to buy one and treat myself, but after trying all the samples I decided to not buy it. They were all so disappointingly bland.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

now I see what y’all mean about the hot dog burps

ugh.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Development posted:

now I see what y’all mean about the hot dog burps

ugh.

HDBs mean you are no longer in your prime.
I curse all those drat teenagers I see in the food court, knowing their All Beef Hot Dog + Refill (and optional slice of 'za) won't haunt them in the wee hours of the morning, along with their prostates.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
My Costco is out of Kirkland sparkling water! I had to buy four cases of Polar instead! (I'm not really complaining because I love Polar but I want the most seltzer for my dollar)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Big Grunty Secret posted:

My Costco is out of Kirkland sparkling water! I had to buy four cases of Polar instead! (I'm not really complaining because I love Polar but I want the most seltzer for my dollar)

W E L C O M E T O D E M O U L A S M A R K E T B A S K E T W H E R E Y O U G E T M O R E F O R Y O U R D O L L A R