Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This is Buffy Mafia, a game for 18 players. I picked Buffy because I am very bad at picking flavor and I used to watch this show a lot when I was like 11-17 and it was the first thing I could think of where I knew 20+ characters off the top of my head. There will be several different roles in this game, but it is by no means role madness. This game will not start until at least October 8, 2018. Ideally I will start it once Pokemon, Scooby-Doo, and maybe even one of the other two games (Cpig's FFT and Ecco's game) are finished. Don't be afraid to sign up if you're playing in one or more of those games!

Basic information

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things.
We�ll be using Discord and SA PM's to manage everything, so please make sure you have access to those for the game.
Alignment changes are not part of this game.

General Mafia Rules (That have been stolen from Yami Fenrir, who stole them from Natural 20, who stole them from Somberero)

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you�re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a game day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most, targeted at you. This goes through any and all protection.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat poo poo. A ghost post after you die is fine, as long as it doesn't contain any content relevant to the game ("lol i died" is fine, "the rest of my team is Lumpen, Harold Krell, and Mr. F!" is not)
5. Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.
6. Flavour is flavour, you�re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims. Additionally while I try to retain flavour justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. If you are affected by a Day Action, do not post under any circumstances until we post the result of the Action. Everyone else is good to keep going.

A note about result language

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

Signups
  1. A Sometimes Food
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. Asphyxious
  4. Atomic Soda
  5. b-minus1
  6. bowmore
  7. CapitalistPig
  8. Dancer
  9. EccoRaven
  10. Hal Incandenza
  11. hambeet
  12. imgay
  13. jimmydalad
  14. King Burgundy
  15. Kitiara
  16. merk
  17. Toalpaz
  18. willie_dee

Replacements

Observers
  1. Ice Phoenix
  2. Monathin

Parts of this OP shamelessly stolen from OPs made by Yami Fenrir and Asiina.

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This post reserved for posting flips.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I... remember a time when I could watch this show and think it was good. Oh, the innocence of youth...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Put me in coach.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
yessir

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dancer posted:

I... remember a time when I could watch this show and think it was good. Oh, the innocence of youth...

I'll defend season 2 and season 3 as being TV worth watching. 1 is real rough with a couple bright spots. 4 and 5 are eh. 6 and 7 are the weakest aside from each season having one stellar episode (Once More and Conversations w/ Dead People, respectively).

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Why not? We all know it was some of the best TV. Also one of the only TV shows to make me choke cry lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Why not? We all know it was some of the best TV. Also one of the only TV shows to make me choke cry lol

The Body?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Yeah lol everytime

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Buffy is cool

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Nvm, redact signup please.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 1, 2018

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Yes please

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I seem to have become available!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Almost halfway there! Tell your friends!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Almost halfway there! Tell your friends!

We've backslid but no worries I'm sure this game will fill with all the lurkers killed off in FFT and Croc and Shine VI and :negative:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

We've backslid but no worries I'm sure this game will fill with all the lurkers killed off in FFT and Croc and Shine VI and :negative:

Yeah lol just wait for the tides of dead players looking for a new home to suffer in. They'll show up soon.

*sharpens horns, steeples fingers*

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm down.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Just had 5 people die in mafia games in the last 15 minutes, so I'm gonna casually post in this here thread.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

paging gaspy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm here for replacing needs

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i will play this game

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Is it normal for games to take awhile to fill? I'm normally one of the last to sign up.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm gunna try post more also

willie_dee posted:

Is it normal for games to take awhile to fill? I'm normally one of the last to sign up.

there are a few other games ongoing atm

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I will play this game maybe?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I will play this game maybe?

Can't wait to replace you!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Wait sorry, can't play this game, got a better offer somewhere else

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm not on the list yet, sad

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Wait sorry, can't play this game, got a better offer somewhere else

oh! does that mean hal is in?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think so

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Is it too late to join? Even if I have no idea what I’m doing?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watch Garfield hentai

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

jimmydalad posted:

Is it too late to join? Even if I have no idea what I’m doing?

none of us do

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm not on the list yet, sad

oh! does that mean hal is in?

Sorry! Got killed at work recently, list is updated now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm in.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

So close, and yet so far.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
wanna stab some vamps

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Atomic Soda posted:

wanna stab some vamps

I agree with this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

doesn't seem as spooky

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Is there anyone for me to replace yet?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I'm not even spooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTsvWTtoiQ

• Locked thread