Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

mr Scoop posted:

i dont think lowtax wants the forums to crash anytime someone posts a picture of a firetruck

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mr Scoop posted:

i dont think lowtax wants the forums to crash anytime someone posts a picture of a firetruck

:elongate:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Triglav posted:

fine secured 4 20 million

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

mr Scoop posted:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

mr Scoop posted:

i'm trying to think of a radiumware crash to complete this joke but coming up empty

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

President Beep posted:

lol. make him yospos mod.

This, entirely unironically.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mr Scoop posted:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

mr Scoop posted:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

mr Scoop posted:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

President Beep posted:

aren’t the majority of board members just musk sycophants anyway?

yes, he's stacked the board with rear end kissers, investors, his brother, and other friends. nobody has automotive board experience. that's why the sec demanded adding two new independent board members as part of the settlement.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

yes, he's stacked the board with rear end kissers, investors, his brother, and other friends. nobody has automotive board experience. that's why the sec demanded adding two new independent board members as part of the settlement.

Watch him make up 2 dudes and use stock images to make it look like he actually did it.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Powershift posted:

Watch him make up 2 dudes and use stock images to make it look like he actually did it.

Somehow these fakes will still have panel gaps.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Shifty Pony posted:

this is good but where is it spelled out? It's not in musk's consent agreement and can't be, since only the entire board can make it happen

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Post poste posted:

Somehow these fakes will still have panel gaps.

they’ll make stav a board me,bomber

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
Elon: vat be ar proposing is a buy out of Panasonic’s shares in the giba facto-

*drowned out by furious and obnoxious cackling*

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the biggest panel gap lies between elon’s ears

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Gigafactory 1 is aligned on true north, which was done so that the equipment can be mapped by GPS and solar panels on the roof can be accurately aligned.
on the spot guidance from dear respected leader E Rong Musk

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Powershift posted:

Please welcome our two new panel members, Rick Sanchez and Morty Smith.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
apparently there's a separate SEC v Tesla action & consent judgment that nobody seems to have uplodaed for free viewing yet

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

mr Scoop posted:

mewse
May 2, 2006

gschmidl posted:

Please welcome our two new panel members, Rick Sanchez and Morty Smith.

grimes would find this amusing

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mewse posted:

grimes would find this amusing

yeah she should have RIP

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Shifty Pony posted:

yes, he's stacked the board with rear end kissers, investors, his brother, and other friends. nobody has automotive board experience.

lmbo

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

reminder: elon's trustworthy brother

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Poniard posted:

reminder: elon's trustworthy brother

looks like them musk boys are at it again!

*horn of the president paul kruger plays Die Stem van Suid-Afrika*

President Beep fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 1, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the one who sells lovely hydroponics systems in a shipping crate

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

infernal machines posted:

the one who sells lovely hydroponics systems in a shipping crate

He's selling weed farms. How the hell did Ol' Musky only get to know the Hitler's Birthday number only this summer?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there must be something in the air because every single semester for the past couple of years i've had at least a handful of students whose ~brilliant idea~ for their thesis project is to design a portable apartment-sized self-contained hydroponic farm

i have a how-to book on the subject published in like 1972 and it's been done to death since but, you know, everything old is new again

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

there must be something in the air because every single semester for the past couple of years i've had at least a handful of students whose ~brilliant idea~ for their thesis project is to design a portable apartment-sized self-contained hydroponic farm

i have a how-to book on the subject published in like 1972 and it's been done to death since but, you know, everything old is new again

there is. its weed smoke

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

when i was like 5 i had the bright idea to make a canal bridge to save time for barges trains in crossings

i was disgusted to find out that the romans had the same idea, i really felt robbed

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Bro do you know what 420 means

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

no but you see SUSTAINABLE HIGH DENSITY VERTICALLY SCALABLE URBAN FARMING!

I put the worlds shittiest COTS hydro rigs into a steel box and now it's new and innovative even though it doesn't produce any better than a growhouse knocked together out of scrap lumber and weather sheeting

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxRNoSSkLkE

just leave those lights hanging wherever. probably don't have to be any kind of special led either

oh, and nothing should be accessible or serviceable

mystes
May 31, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxRNoSSkLkE

just leave those lights hanging wherever. probably don't have to be any kind of special led either

oh, and nothing should be accessible or serviceable
If only they could develop a technology to make it possible to grow plants in an enclosed space while still taking advantage of natural sunlight. Oh well, I guess that must be impossible.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ah, but this is, you know, vertically scalable, you see.

two acres in a single box. we'll pile 'em in stacks!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

like there's i think a major misunderstanding that people have about just how many resources they consume, and what sort of infrastructure there is behind the scenes to handle that. they just don't have a concept of how big a farm is and how much land worldwide is devoted to food production

example: a student wants to build the

SUSTAINABLE HIGH DENSITY VERTICALLY SCALABLE URBAN FARMING!

that goes in the corner of your apartment. and i ask them: what is the benefit of this over a window box? and they say oh, families can use it to supplement their meals with vegetables, or whatever. and i raise an eyebrow and ask them to do some math on how much space a hypothetical food crop (let's say tomatoes) needs, and how quickly it grows, and how much food a family consumes per week, and come back with an analysis of just how big an offset this would make.

another recent example: guy who wants to make a machine that takes your food waste and composts it into methane which is fed back into your house's gas system, thus turning food scraps into energy savings. even setting aside the infrastructure problems with plumbing and code and such, i just have a really bad feeling about how much natural gas your e.g. water heater or stove uses compared to how much you can get from one family's decaying food scraps

or solar panels. loving everybody has this idea that you can just stick a solar cell on your $product and never worry about batteries again. two minutes of math shows how it doesn't work but everyone goes "oh, but like, even if you let it charge all day?" and i'm like yes look your thing draws two orders of magnitude more power than you can produce

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mystes posted:

If only they could develop a technology to make it possible to grow plants in an enclosed space while still taking advantage of natural sunlight. Oh well, I guess that must be impossible.

I think the point would be that you can get far more vertical density than a normal greenhouse. would be cool to be them next to a place that uses natural gas and pump the co2 into the container stacks.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

like there's i think a major misunderstanding that people have about just how many resources they consume, and what sort of infrastructure there is behind the scenes to handle that. they just don't have a concept of how big a farm is and how much land worldwide is devoted to food production

that goes in the corner of your apartment. and i ask them: what is the benefit of this over a window box? and they say oh, families can use it to supplement their meals with vegetables, or whatever. and i raise an eyebrow and ask them to do some math on how much space a hypothetical food crop (let's say tomatoes) needs, and how quickly it grows, and how much food a family consumes per week, and come back with an analysis of just how big an offset this would make.

another recent example: guy who wants to make a machine that takes your food waste and composts it into methane which is fed back into your house's gas system, thus turning food scraps into energy savings. even setting aside the infrastructure problems with plumbing and code and such, i just have a really bad feeling about how much natural gas your e.g. water heater or stove uses compared to how much you can get from one family's decaying food scraps

or solar panels. loving everybody has this idea that you can just stick a solar cell on your $product and never worry about batteries again. two minutes of math shows how it doesn't work but everyone goes "oh, but like, even if you let it charge all day?" and i'm like yes look your thing draws two orders of magnitude more power than you can produce

To put this another way, if it was that easy to grow a family's worth of food in a small amount of space with minimal effort, the neolithic revolution wouldn't have resulted in civilization in the first place, and we would all be living by ourselves growing our own food.

mystes fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 1, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sagebrush posted:

Now you know how I feel as a bank investigator watching bitcoiners slam headlong into problems banking solved like a thousand years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i've felt for years that there should be a mandatory high school class on common misconceptions/stupid brain tricks that catch people up, particularly in finance but really just life in general, and how to recognize them. should cover the entirety of "lying with statistics", for instance, and how credit card interest works, and how insurance companies make money, and the difference between speculation and a stock's fundamental value, and how a company running a "free" service pays for it, and what are the implications of the first law of thermodynamics, and so on.

maybe you could title the course "free lunch" and use that as the first lesson.

anyway one unit would be how to make fermi estimates so that when you read a pop science article you can quickly estimate how far off from reality they are rather than just buying in wholesale