Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah the cult hunt is weird.

Cult leader is probably gaspy why would kb reveal the detail. He did right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I get the threat of cults but am I the only one who finds it odd that it has taken active precedence over scum hunting in a game that probably still has 20? 18? Players? Jesus... it's been a massacre. Mostly suicide.

I assumed once we saw a cult flip that that is what we were dealing with, like in scooby. Now that we know there are both, I think both are things we should be pursuing.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as far as i know theres no investigation roles so AA you have to give me your boon its important

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yeah the cult hunt is weird.

Cult leader is probably gaspy why would kb reveal the detail. He did right?

I don't think it is.

Cults are only dangerous if they get off the ground, because people change alignments and you can't trust previously cleared people to remain town.

It's still good to scumhunt, but I'm going to focus on finding a cult recruiter immediately.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I suspect Sugar Cube is a 3rd party then. But yeah maybe we should focus on actively scum hunting while we have the rest of the day.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I get the threat of cults but am I the only one who finds it odd that it has taken active precedence over scum hunting in a game that probably still has 20? 18? Players? Jesus... it's been a massacre. Mostly suicide.

Getting the recruiter early is super important imo

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

I suspect Sugar Cube is a 3rd party then. But yeah maybe we should focus on actively scum hunting while we have the rest of the day.

Why?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Cults are p. Annoying, tbf.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

as far as i know theres no investigation roles so AA you have to give me your boon its important

I'm sure there will be or already are.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm sure there will be or already are.

give me your thing tonight bro

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

give me your thing tonight bro

:wink:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Hello all, weekends during fall are a little busy for me.

I skimmed what I missed. Do we have confirmation somewhere (asking because I’m not familiar with FFT flavor) that Bif’s flip means a cult, are is it simply an assumption because she did not flip scum-aligned? Could not not simply be some kind of a 3P group as opposed to a cult?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

Hello all, weekends during fall are a little busy for me.

I skimmed what I missed. Do we have confirmation somewhere (asking because I’m not familiar with FFT flavor) that Bif’s flip means a cult, are is it simply an assumption because she did not flip scum-aligned? Could not not simply be some kind of a 3P group as opposed to a cult?

Her town alignment was struck out and replaced. That is usually a cult.

Do you want to share something else with us?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

CapitalistPig posted:

Asphyxious raises the unreliable gun and pulls the trigger.

It fires and kills GX.

GX - Littlejohn - Scum aligned was killed.

Unlocked job was chemist.

HAHAHAHA I AM loving INCREDIBLE

merk posted:

##unvote

Interesting. Will reread. Was that a hard bus hoping the shot fails?

Give it up.

##vote Hal Incandenza

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

Her town alignment was struck out and replaced. That is usually a cult.

Do you want to share something else with us?

I haven’t played a lot of games with cults, which is why I asked the question, that’s all.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

People still voting for me pack it in. KB you should know better.

gently caress I love hunting scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Toalpaz posted:

Later:

Why are you acting confused about gun mechanics if you have a gun friendo?

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, I just read sugar cube's response. You should still know the gun is unreliable as a squire. Anyways that pings me.

This set of conversations, it's just a tidbit but it's more than most people have to ask for. Sugar cube was either lying/joking about their role or the knowledge of it's mechanics. I don't know why sugar cube would hold onto their squire gun last night, or why Sugar would try and imply wrong things about the nature of guns if they had it. The only thing I can think is that it's probably actually a poor 3rd party trying to claim squire.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

Except you haven’t scum hunted other than your OMGUS. you thought gene was recruiter.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

Except you haven’t scum hunted other than your OMGUS. you thought gene was recruiter.

Technically anyone voting me hasn’t scumhunted either :v:

Either way my suspicion of gene>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the lovely arse case on me so get off your high horse.

The case on me is literally just “im posting different”, the worst parts of meta casing and lazy null tells rolled into one. On that note, KB’s vote is also highly hypocritical.

Also YPM what have you done other than just agree with Merk?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

Technically anyone voting me hasn’t scumhunted either :v:

Either way my suspicion of gene>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the lovely arse case on me so get off your high horse.

The case on me is literally just “im posting different”, the worst parts of meta casing and lazy null tells rolled into one. On that note, KB’s vote is also highly hypocritical.

Also YPM what have you done other than just agree with Merk?

It’s not a high horse. You seem desperate to do anything to claim that you are town, even though analyzing that shot for more than two seconds does nothing to clear your name.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

It’s not a high horse. You seem desperate to do anything to claim that you are town, even though analyzing that shot for more than two seconds does nothing to clear your name.

Counterpoint: Shot scum.

Shot em real good.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

Counterpoint: Shot scum.

Shot em real good.

You sure did. How does that not make you cult recruiter?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Dude, I don't for a second think you are on a scum team with former living player GX.

I think you are the most likely Cult recruiter to grab Bif n1.

Hell, even you did not think GX was scum before you shot her. You thought she was the cult recruiter. So, nice shot? But the recruiter wasn't GX, who do you think it is if it isn't you?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

You sure did. How does that not make you cult recruiter?

Because I’m towwwwn. I don’t know what you expect here, I can’t prove towniness.

If you’re going to cite scumhunting I’ve still done more work than most here, yourself included so physician lynch thyself I guess.

Also would the cult recruiter risk firing a gun in this setup? Really? Cause I doubt it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Dude, I don't for a second think you are on a scum team with former living player GX.

I think you are the most likely Cult recruiter to grab Bif n1.

Hell, even you did not think GX was scum before you shot her. You thought she was the cult recruiter. So, nice shot? But the recruiter wasn't GX, who do you think it is if it isn't you?

I dunno yet! Trying to work out who else would recruit bif! I would like day 3 or something but definitely not day one.

You maybe? That’d be kinda funny.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

This set of conversations, it's just a tidbit but it's more than most people have to ask for. Sugar cube was either lying/joking about their role or the knowledge of it's mechanics. I don't know why sugar cube would hold onto their squire gun last night, or why Sugar would try and imply wrong things about the nature of guns if they had it. The only thing I can think is that it's probably actually a poor 3rd party trying to claim squire.

Ah, I see what you're saying. That case seems decent imo.

I agree it is a bit strange that he had these questions if every other alleged squire seemed to know.

Strange indeed.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

Because I’m towwwwn. I don’t know what you expect here, I can’t prove towniness.

If you’re going to cite scumhunting I’ve still done more work than most here, yourself included so physician lynch thyself I guess.

Also would the cult recruiter risk firing a gun in this setup? Really? Cause I doubt it.

They would if they were going to be the lynch. The momentum was against you and barring a miracle we both know you were the lynch target. What did you have to lose? A 100% chance vs a 33?ish% chance of death.

And I was trying to scumhunt when I was the recruiter.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m a squire. I gave my gun to Beet. Lotsa people gave me guns.

I’m being transparent as all hell here, and the fact that after this there’s opportunistic little votes still lingering on me is laughably bad.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

They would if they were going to be the lynch. The momentum was against you and barring a miracle we both know you were the lynch target. What did you have to lose? A 100% chance vs a 33?ish% chance of death.

And I was trying to scumhunt when I was the recruiter.

No you weren’t you just voted me 10 times and lurked.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Asphyxious posted:

No you weren’t you just voted me 10 times and lurked.

Alright my dude we can’t talk to each other without getting under each other’s skin so I’m just going to hold my vote on you until something more compelling comes along.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My 2 cents would be at the very least give gaspy a pass for the day, He is responsible for a scum kill anyway you look at it. Cult paranoia is dumb, we can't really do anything but yell at phantoms about who the recruiter is, pure speculation we didnt even know about a cult until a few hours ago.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CubicalSucrose posted:

Nothing about GX is really pinging me.

Dancer is maybe with the nudge for roleclaims? But honestly not sure if everyone claiming is good for town or not. If it's good for town I'm a squire (per earlier). If it's bad for town then I'm a squire who will probably get killed.

Hmmmm

:thunk:

CubicalSucrose 9/29 posted:

This seemed like useful info, reads towny. However, omitted the fact that guns have a chance to misfire or explode.

CubicalSucrose 9/30 posted:

Who gave you the faulty gun?
Seems moot if you knew they had a chance to fail

CubicalSucrose posted:

I'm a town squire who didn't give a gun away last night and also didn't receive a gun, pretty straightforward.

But this doesnt mesh with your aforementioned knowledge.

CubicalSucrose posted:

##vote AA

Definitely willing to be swayed off my vote, but this doesn't seem like a super risky one.

Ah, I forgot you had been voting me.

Who else pushed for me... gx. Who you dismissed as town.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote sugarcube

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

##vote sugarcube

whats your win condition as a 3rd party anyways?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Alright my dude we can’t talk to each other without getting under each other’s skin so I’m just going to hold my vote on you until something more compelling comes along.

No I’m serious. You cased like 2 people day one and then did weird meta policy votes for the entire rest of the game. On me. Who was town.

Which you’re doing again. To me. Who is town.

If you have some beef with me that’s neato burrito but if you’re going to let it override actually playing the game you’re burdening town.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asphyxious posted:

No I’m serious. You cased like 2 people day one and then did weird meta policy votes for the entire rest of the game. On me. Who was town.

Which you’re doing again. To me. Who is town.

If you have some beef with me that’s neato burrito but if you’re going to let it override actually playing the game you’re burdening town.

Not to mention you've had a high lvl of your restraint with multiple guns as well. I don't understand the pressure on you this point besides "i dont like gaspy"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

whats your win condition as a 3rd party anyways?

I just need to survive and have "sold" my inventory.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

imgay posted:

Not to mention you've had a high lvl of your restraint with multiple guns as well. I don't understand the pressure on you this point besides "i dont like gaspy"

The point of mafia isn’t to find scum, it’s to be passive aggressive to tall poppies and have big fuckin meltdowns.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

imgay posted:

The high level of restraint is a null tell. Too high of a risk of back fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think gaspy gives a poo poo about the risk.

• Locked thread