Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Toalpaz posted:

:saddowns:

I didn't see that.

I'm embarrassed.

It’s all good, friend, just talking things out :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

Didn’t CS post this before either of your quotes, though?

That's why I think CS is scum.

He acts incredulous about the "faulty gun"

when he knew and established in thread there was a chance it would fail, also the only player he cleared turned up scum.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That's why I think CS is scum.

He acts incredulous about the "faulty gun"

when he knew and established in thread there was a chance it would fail, also the only player he cleared turned up scum.

Looking at CS through a scum lens instead of a 3P lens, I can see that argument a lot more, actually. You’re right that his only defensive post of another player was GeneX who flipped scum.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Well I just did a quick read of Sucrose and

CubicalSucrose posted:

You're not on the town team. Since I'm on the town team voting for you seems like a good thing.

This feels like a scum trying to justify voting not scum to me

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I can definitely buy CS as scum. Everything about him is safe , including the AA vote and the soft defense of GX does not look good.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Also hi I am incredibly sleep-deprived thanks to Spider-Man

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Well I just did a quick read of Sucrose and

This feels like a scum trying to justify voting not scum to me

Like, I agree with voting CS but this post here is shallow and you should know better.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Dancer posted:

Like, I agree with voting CS but this post here is shallow and you should know better.

'snot

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Votecount for Day 2

Asphyxious (3): merk, Hal Incandenza, merk, merk, Your Personal Muse, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, King Burgundy, merk, King Burgundy
Anomalous Amalgam (2): CubicalSucrose, Kitiara
CubicalSucrose (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Toalpaz
Hal Incandenza (1): Asphyxious
merk (0): Asphyxious, merk, merk, Asphyxious
Toalpaz (0): Dancer, Dancer

Not Voting (14): A Sometimes Food, CCKeane, chaoslord, Dancer, Eat The Rich, Epsilon Plus, flerp, IllegallySober, imgay, Jeabus Mahogany, KhediveRex, King Burgundy, merk, Slamburger

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 01st, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 9 hours, 59 minutes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Looking at CS through a scum lens instead of a 3P lens, I can see that argument a lot more, actually. You’re right that his only defensive post of another player was GeneX who flipped scum.

Sorry to disappear for a bit but I have to go rage at customer service for a bit over some work stuff.

For now, ##vote CubicalSucrose

Should be back for a while this afternoon and hopefully just before deadline as well but can’t promise it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I don't want to vote gaspy since I don't think hes scum and I don't want to vote AA since he promised to give me his poo poo tonight.

I need to reread cubical since I'm not familiar with them, idk why gaspy voting hal right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

So I don't want to vote gaspy since I don't think hes scum and I don't want to vote AA since he promised to give me his poo poo tonight.

I need to reread cubical since I'm not familiar with them, idk why gaspy voting hal right now.

No matter how the day ends lol... I did not promise you any goods.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

imgay posted:

He’s mad I haven’t unvoted him yet

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AA, if this isn't a promise then I don't know what is.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also I don't see cubical as scum, to me he just seems like a new player trying to find his footing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

imgay posted:

give me your thing tonight bro

I was just being a self-amused immature dweeb lol

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bro you can't just mess with me like that, I hope you'll reconsider what you've done to me and just give me your poo poo loser.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Maybe bby.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
You all are making good points. I probably do read a bit scummy. Still no one has said if they know who gave them their guns. I will give out my gun to someone tonight if I'm not dead and they can vouch that I actually did give them a gun. Except for gaspy who is already loaded for next round. Hell, I'll even give AA my gun because it seems like that'd be neat and upon doing some rereading I don't think I care if you die.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CubicalSucrose posted:

You all are making good points. I probably do read a bit scummy. Still no one has said if they know who gave them their guns. I will give out my gun to someone tonight if I'm not dead and they can vouch that I actually did give them a gun. Except for gaspy who is already loaded for next round. Hell, I'll even give AA my gun because it seems like that'd be neat and upon doing some rereading I don't think I care if you die.

##unvote

If I die?

:ohdear:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CubicalSucrose posted:

##unvote

Why would giving out a gun suggest you are town?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Boom

This is a good point

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

It suggests that I haven't lied about being a Squire. Which is step 1 on the path to convincing people that "at least some of the things that I've said are true."

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CubicalSucrose posted:

It suggests that I haven't lied about being a Squire. Which is step 1 on the path to convincing people that "at least some of the things that I've said are true."

What if I believe you are a squire and scum, like GX was a chemist and scum?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

What if I believe you are a squire and scum, like GX was a chemist and scum?

Then if you're town you should eventually make sure I wind up dead.

If you're the/a recruiter you probably want to stay away since I've gotten pretty popular.

And if you're scum you have to decide if you want to incite the move to lynch me, or try and convince me you're town so I give you the gun first tonight and then kill me later (possibly with my own gun, for more laughs).

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CubicalSucrose posted:

If you're the/a recruiter you probably want to stay away since I've gotten pretty popular.

And if you're scum you have to decide if you want to incite the move to lynch me, or try and convince me you're town so I give you the gun first tonight and then kill me later (possibly with my own gun, for more laughs).

I'm saying that the squire thing really doesn't have anything to do with your alignment, since what I know so far is that scum have the same classes as town does.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm saying that the squire thing really doesn't have anything to do with your alignment, since what I know so far is that scum have the same classes as town does.

Bingo!

Cube is being very weird about all this

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I said I was going to look through thread, but it turned out it was super big and my other game's day was ending so I didn't do a good job.

All I can say is that for now I'm ##unvote -ing CS because my original thing was I thought there was a role slip, leading to 3rd party slip, but I was wrong. I'm honestly not sure about the scum read so I don't want to leave a vote there.

I think another person trying to slip under the radar is Chaoslord, I don't know if it's just busyness or something else but if you hit a roadblock lynching low effort lurkers is a decent guess.

Speaking towards the discussion between YPM and Gaspy, I'm not sure why Gaspy decided Hal's vote was opportunistic compared to the other people sniping gaspy but digging your heels in is good sometimes.

Early D2 was kindof low content beyond people shooting people.

Anyways monday nights I have a game night with friends irl. I'll be around with my phone to read and revote but I can't offer much in terms of massive quote posts and research, sorry! I'll probably be reading though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Subarcube is still a good dunk, but clord despite being a busier player is also good. He usually doesnt lurk like this so hope all is well.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Bifauxnen's extra Unreliable gun fell to the ground when she died.

The first person to type ##grab gun gets it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##grab gun

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

(That’s fantastic that I checked back in right then because having spent the last two hours dealing with overseas customer service reps I’m tempted to blow my own brains out with it)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

HOT fingers Sober here.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CubicalSucrose posted:

Ugh, I really don’t like this post at all.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
If you're town don't kill yourself.

Scum/3party? Dieeeeeeeeee. Also so you know the odds so far 1 success, 2 suicides, and 2 misses so far. (I think? I'm not rechecking, but that should be right.)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Ugh, I really don’t like this post at all.

Shoot him!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

HOT fingers Sober here.

Fortunate check-in timing, for sure.

Toalpaz posted:

If you're town don't kill yourself.

Scum/3party? Dieeeeeeeeee. Also so you know the odds so far 1 success, 2 suicides, and 2 misses so far. (I think? I'm not rechecking, but that should be right.)

Lol. For the moment I don’t plan to use it today.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

We’ll see what else he says first.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hmmm, so Bif never mentioned having a gun until just prior to using it, but apparently had two of them (and presumably only two, unless CPig is saving more for later). We can also assume no other dead players had unused guns, barring the same disclaimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I have a theory.

Guns manufactured by town only kill scum.
Guns manufactured by scum only kill town.

This is why some click and why some explode in our faces.

Alternatively, it's percentile based completely.

• Locked thread