Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Artix posted:

Cubs Radio Booth implied that it was apparently supposed to be a double steal but Cain just didn't...steal, turning it into an easy out for the Cubs.

He didn't steal because of the accidental pitchout. It's silly to phrase it like he messed up. He did the right thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, that steal attempt was dumb. Cost a run too.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
gently caress you milwalkee and gently caress you derek jeter

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

My favorite recent Cubs move was when Bryant was hitting like an MVP they made a huge effort to get him to hit the ball the opposite way because they were scared of the shift. Now he doesn't hit for any power and hosed up his shoulder.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Bat around and give Yelich one more shot

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Miller Park South

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Things that baseball teams definitely do: Fire their manager after these 4 seasons:

97-65 3rd div lost NLCS
103-58 1st div won World Series
92-70 1st div lost NLCS
95-67 2nd div made playoffs

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I'm going to go full nerd here and tell you that the run expectancy would have went up a whole 0.2 runs if Braun stole that base. It dropped almost a full run because he got caught. Braun is not a good base stealer... sooo probably don't run there.

If it was indeed a double steal that's fully on Counsell and he's been known for goofy poo poo like that ever since he got there and it works a lot of the time so whatever I guess.

I thought it was a hit and run? I agree a steal is dumb but a hit and run isn't bad when the pitcher doesn't have good stuff.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

beejay posted:

Things that baseball teams definitely do: Fire their manager after these 4 seasons:

97-65 3rd div lost NLCS
92-70 1st div lost NLCS
Cubs fans seem to think the team is so good that anything less than the NL pennant on a platter is failure.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
This is perfectly setting up the table for EYBS.

I BELIEVE.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

beejay posted:

97-65 3rd div lost NLCS
92-70 1st div lost NLCS

Entitlement really set in quick among Cubs fans. I don't even think firing Joe would be a bad idea but to be despondent about a season like this is pretty funny, considering the team history

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
the WS really hosed with our heads

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I still like Joe Maddon.

I also like Kevin Cash more, so you can keep him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I know Ryan Braun just tried to steal but I feel like paying this much attention to Moustakas at first is wasted effort.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I remember thinking the Packers were on the verge of a dynasty after the 2010 SB and 2011 regular season. Yeah, didn't turn out like that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao...arcia is 4 for 4

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Arcia! Redeem your name

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Arcia wtf

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Len would make a joke about Garcia facing Arcia

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

xbilkis posted:

Entitlement really set in quick among Cubs fans. I don't even think firing Joe would be a bad idea but to be despondent about a season like this is pretty funny, considering the team history

I’m honestly hoping that Chili is fired though.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!
Keep Joe Maddon.

Fire Chili Davis.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

beejay posted:

97-65 3rd div lost NLCS
92-70 1st div lost NLCS

They aren't going to fire him and I don't know if there is a better option. But almost all their young guys have regressed. Their offense which was once one of the best in baseball has cratered to bottom tier.

And remember that Joe got bailed out by the Ricketts having big pockets to bring in Hamels and Murphy who other teams didn't want to touch financially. They don't make those moves and they don't even make the playoffs.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Well, no triple crown but that MVP will be sweet for Yelich

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Squall posted:

Miller Park South

More like...Miller Lite :smugdog:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

It still makes me lol that Braun is still batting 3rd over Yelich.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rand Ecliptic posted:

Fire Chili Davis.

Worked for the Red Sox.

Joe won't admit being wrong though. And he seems to be on an anti-analytics kick of late.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
lmao if you think there was anything maddon could ever do to get fired

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This is perfectly setting up the table for EYBS.

I BELIEVE.

The real EYBS is getting to face Mike Matheny in the playoffs in multiple years.

jit bull transpile posted:

Well, no triple crown but that MVP will be sweet for Yelich

He won't win it now because ribbies

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Noice

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Hot Diggity! posted:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

After the Cubs are eliminated tomorrow, I’ll be all aboard for the winner of Dodgers/Rockies.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Hot Diggity! posted:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Which would be more "Cub" here? Going down weakly 1-2-3, or getting RISP and making GBS threads the bed?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I enjoyed that swing. And it was productive.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot Diggity! posted:

:yeshaha:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Your Taint posted:

Which would be more "Cub" here? Going down weakly 1-2-3, or getting RISP and making GBS threads the bed?

weakly

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Your Taint posted:

Bases loaded TOOTBLAN

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That one was not a good bad swing.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Your Taint posted:

Getting bases loaded, 0 outs, and scoring no runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

1-2-3 3 Ks

• Locked thread