Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
2/2 deoxysis raids today. Again, wife’s account gets the better IVs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://ibb.co/fCue8e

:waycool:

Deoxys is very very easy to beat and catch. Our team had 240 seconds to spare. Use silver pinaps to catch! I caught on the first ball.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 1, 2018

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I do hear of local Discord groups or Silph Road doing things like keeping leaderboards of post-40 exp levels but if he's actively sabotaging local raid groups just for leaderboard positions? I hope everyone just private groups him out.

Bobulus posted:

Snagged Deoxys Normal this morning. Seemed to have a fairly lenient catch rate, based on the people in the group.

EX raids will probably keep the same base catch rate so as not to upset people that earned a pass and took extra time out to come to these.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Willsun posted:

EX raids will probably keep the same base catch rate so as not to upset people that earned a pass and took extra time out to come to these.

I'm still mad about having my first Mewtwo at my first EX raid run away from me. I did catch a 98IV Larvitar on the dejected walk home.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

try and visualize how extremely fun it must be to raid with a dude who has 6 times more experience than the level cap and cares so much about getting even more completely useless xp that he deletes people off his friends list if they don't do things on his schedule

I bet this guy gets real mad when you go with the recommended Pokes in a 20 person raid.

Like real mad.

edit: lol https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9kcd4q/the_reason_people_use_aggron_in_raids_isnt/

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 1, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Bobulus posted:

Snagged Deoxys Normal this morning. Seemed to have a fairly lenient catch rate, based on the people in the group.

good to hear. I'm guessing it's similar to Mewtwo EX catch rate, aka easy, rather than niantic's 3% Base Rate Bullshit for 5* raids

Watching a legendary break out of 14 curves in a row or whatever is not compelling gameplay, so...good.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 1, 2018

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Today I joined 50+ people standing around in a cold drizzle, surrounding a statue of Ghandi, all to catch a fake monster in a dumb phone game.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I completed my field research tasks and got the chance to catch an Entei. Spent almost all my pokéballs trying to catch it, but now I have a huge firey dog thing as my buddy, yay!

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
Btw, Deoxys isn't actually a legendary, but is classified as mythical (like Mew and Celebi), that means it can't be traded or ground into candy.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

jesus christ

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just fuckin lmao at sperging out about xp for your 7th max account

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Black Feather posted:

Btw, Deoxys isn't actually a legendary, but is classified as mythical (like Mew and Celebi), that means it can't be traded or ground into candy.

What? poo poo that sucks

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Black Feather posted:

https://twitter.com/NianticHelp/status/1044996855225036800

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

If you didn’t get Mewtwo during the event, are you totally SOL or is there a chance it will return someday?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Comrade Koba posted:

If you didn’t get Mewtwo during the event, are you totally SOL or is there a chance it will return someday?

Mewtwo raids until October 23.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Comrade Koba posted:

Not sure how long it's continuing, but Mewtwo raids are still happening around here today.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Comrade Koba posted:

I'm 100% sure it will return on like random weekends or so, like ho-oh and lugia have done in the past.

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Comrade Koba posted:

My understanding is Mewtwo is still the L5 raid for another two weeks or so. After that he’ll probably rotate in again eventually like other raid bosses have in the past.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Everything they write is true. There is no reason to care unless you're a min/maxing tryhard nerd.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So just to be sure I'm not missing something, Deoxys is as inconvenient to raid as Mewtwo used to be, with the added perk of not actually being any good?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Deoxys seems disappointingly weak.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

Everything they write is true. There is no reason to care unless you're a min/maxing tryhard nerd.

Don't sign your posts

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

AweStriker posted:

Deoxys is another victim of PoGo's stat/battle system. Its Normal (and Attack form even more-so) are speedy glass cannons meant to do high damage before the opponent can counterattack. In the mainline games Deoxys can rely on its speed, other team members, or defensive moves to stay alive as long as possible. PoGo has none of these features, so Deoxys gets to be a Mewtwo with a fraction of the survivability. :(

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

AweStriker posted:

With the right lineup, you can fight Attack Forme by yourself.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

dwarf74 posted:

So just to be sure I'm not missing something, Deoxys is as inconvenient to raid as Mewtwo used to be, with the added perk of not actually being any good?

Correct. Safe to ignore if you you're not a completionist, or just get a couple and call it quits.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I kinda wish Speed was implemented in the game, like higher Speed = faster attack animations or something. Maybe they'll give the battle system an overhaul someday, but right now it's extremely unlikely. :shrug:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ziddar posted:

Deoxys is another victim of PoGo's stat/battle system. Its Normal (and Attack form even more-so) are speedy glass cannons meant to do high damage before the opponent can counterattack. In the mainline games Deoxys can rely on its speed, other team members, or defensive moves to stay alive as long as possible. PoGo has none of these features, so Deoxys gets to be a Mewtwo with a fraction of the survivability. :(

Then all they need to do is release Defense Form, right?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Can I get Suicune now?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

dwarf74 posted:

We took him down extremely easily with just five people. Deoxys Normal Forme is a chump

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/xbHJQtu.gifv

Thought this was clever.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I'm seeing reports of last minute EX Raid cancellations. That's loving seriously hosed up.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dr Tran posted:

I'm seeing reports of last minute EX Raid cancellations. That's loving seriously hosed up.
Yeah local, posted up thread. 1 drat hour before raid time.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Maybe this Deoxys stat business will be the thing that convinces Niantic to stop counting their gigantic piles of money and fix the stat system

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Tran posted:

yeah it really sucks when something just drops you cold like that with no warning

Doesn't it.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Prop Wash posted:

Maybe this Deoxys stat business will be the thing that convinces Niantic to stop counting their gigantic piles of money and fix the stat system

I hope they don't before we see someone solo the attack forme

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Psion posted:

yeah it really sucks when something just drops you cold like that with no warning

Doesn't it.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

AweStriker posted:

Then all they need to do is release Defense Form, right?

Unfortunately, Defense form won't really fare much better, as it has poor damage output and shares the same poor HP stat. The most you can say is that Defense form will be more of a pain in the rear end to raid.

Really, Deoxys's entire gimmick is ruined in Go.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Prop Wash posted:

I mean, with Mewtwo you weren't just getting a trophy - you were getting a top-tier raider and gym-ransacker. This is a trophy. I'll go out of my way to get one - heck, one of each form - but it's just not as exciting.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

dwarf74 posted:

I mean, with Mewtwo you weren't just getting a trophy - you were getting a top-tier raider and gym-ransacker. This is a trophy. I'll go out of my way to get one - heck, one of each form - but it's just not as exciting.

Pretty much. I'll still do them because it's fun to see people I know at raids and I might as well go get a near-guaranteed raid win that takes less than 1 minute and some rare candies and stuff. To add onto the anecdote pile, just caught one, extremely easy to do, we had a 100% catch rate among all the raiders, one person got a 96IV. Successful all around.

I don't know what perfect IV is but i think it's 1560-something. the high one for us was 1558.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Just got kicked out of the app with a notice that there was a new mandatory version. Updated, booted it back up, new version has updated Terms of Service, which is interesting.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 1, 2018

• Locked thread