Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

Were people still doing manual RTs in 2011?

Yes. They had a purpose until the introduction of quote tweets and people used them for awhile after out of habit.

The President was doing them in 2015.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brody King being a secret racist feels unshocking for some reason.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1046448462479405057

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Honestly had no idea how old Brody King is but it turns out he's 31, so he made those when he was 23. Thought those might have been dumb teen tweets at first.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Yes. They had a purpose until the introduction of quote tweets and people used them for awhile after out of habit.

The President was doing them in 2015.

Steve Austin still does them

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Honestly had no idea how old Brody King is but it turns out he's 31, so he made those when he was 23. Thought those might have been dumb teen tweets at first.

way too old to have a good excuse. Can't say i'm shocked.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
He was just being a heel! Y'all are getting worked you FUCKIN' MARKS!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Excited for his new T-shirt, the EC F'N DUB shirt but it says SOFT F'N A

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you got your poo poo all figured by 23, congrats. You probably came from a gated community and had your mom remind to do your homework every night.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

if you got your poo poo all figured by 23, congrats. You probably came from a gated community and had your mom remind to do your homework every night.

As a 24 year old, I stand behind the tweets I made as a 23 year old and attest that I did not use a racial slur, soft or hard, at that age

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh yeah dude, the super complicated and tough to tackle moral decision of not calling someone gay as an insult. Like, I hope he's less of an idiot and has it figured out now but being 23 in 2010 and not knowing that's a poo poo thing to do is laughably undefendable.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When I was 16 I had the common sense to not call people the r, f, or n words, and frankly it's wild in my near-30s now to see people in their 20s be regularly excused for that behavior as being too young to comprehend their actions or words lmfao

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, the notion that it was cool for someone to use some universally recognized racial and homophobic slurs in 2010 because you were only 23 years old and that you could only avoid using the n word if you were sheltered, pampered elite is pretty peak 2018 poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh yeah dude, the super complicated and tough to tackle moral decision of not calling someone gay as an insult. Like, I hope he's less of an idiot and has it figured out now but being 23 in 2010 and not knowing that's a poo poo thing to do is laughably undefendable.

we're talking about a generation raised on Jackass and Southpark, there's a pattern of acceptable social behavior that we're seeing being adjusted. It does not absolve Brody from saying dumb poo poo, but he should at least have had the presence of mind to clean up after himself.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

we're talking about a generation raised on Jackass and Southpark, there's a pattern of acceptable social behavior that we're seeing being adjusted. It does not absolve Brody from saying dumb poo poo, but he should at least have had the presence of mind to clean up after himself.

lol, I'm only 3 years younger then him and grew up in a middle of nowhere poor rear end town. That poo poo was only socially acceptable if the only people you hung out with were dirtbags.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

"expecting literal adults not to openly be homophobic is classist" is a scalding hot take

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

NienNunb posted:

"expecting literal adults not to openly be homophobic is classist" is a scalding hot take

I can’t hear you from your ivory tower

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Don't get me wrong my posts were also bad in 2011, but I was more "unironically using w00t" bad and less "it's cool if I use the soft a" bad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Beyond show from tonight (#PleaseComeBack) was a blast and probably worth watching if you have VOD or whenever it shows up on Youtube

best matches were Josh Briggs vs Curt Stallion and John Silver vs Kris Statlander were probably the 2 best matches on the card

it was basically a show dedicated to breaking new people into the promotion, every match except the 4 way was between a Beyond wrestler or tag team and a newcomere. The 4 way was longtime Beyond team EYFBO (TNA's LAX) against 3 newcomers

they also had a couple of matches of wrestler who tried out earlier in the day to start each half of the show (though the first one might be a dark match on the powerbomb side)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

coconono posted:

The tweets were from 2010, not 1998

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

wXw stuff https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/1046688849257267200

So:

Their CEO (Jakobi) is on indefinite hiatus from burnout per doctor's orders
From Oct 8 on, tickets are being sold by Eventbrite and also still Eventim, no longer sold on wXw Shop. Payment methods credit/debit, Paypal eventually but not as early as Oct 8
wXw Shotgun is done as of this Wednesday, the last regular episode. One Shotgun XXL taped Saturday and released the 19th. Feature Events will happen the days of each previously scheduled upcoming taping/booked venue, which are Oct 27 (Road to Broken Rules), Nov 11 (Road to 18th Anniversary in Cologne), and Dec 12 (Road to 18th Anniversary in Bielefeld)
A separate company's been founded to take over operation of wXwNOW called the wXwNOW GmbH, and they're in final negotiations with a new batch of companies that will join the streaming service by the year's end
35 biannual tours next year instead of 30. Smaller tours focusing on current stories/angles. First 45 events booked for 2019 already, estimated 65-80 wXw and Wrestling Academy live events

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

E: wrong thread

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1046121985246457857

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1046440387295023104

you won't believe how good a tournament won by sami callihan can be

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/StokelyHathaway/status/1046793150415671297?s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Apparently the NOVA Pro promoter has been stealing money from his wife to pay the wrestlers. As if that company wasn't scummy enough.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Apparently the NOVA Pro promoter has been stealing money from his wife to pay the wrestlers. As if that company wasn't scummy enough.

I thought they fired the scummy guy or did I completely misread that whole drama thing?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I thought they fired the scummy guy or did I completely misread that whole drama thing?

They fired him and then brought him back a few months later and stopped using him when people got mad, but really wanted to keep using him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

What else is scummy about them? I haven't kept up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Endless Mike posted:

they won the prestigious Hulkamatt of the week award as determined by the Monumental Podcast

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

One of their announcers was a pimp, and they tried to bring him back after it came out. I believe the promoter has said he believes the pimp in question has been treated unfairly.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Had he been pulling a Moolah or were the women he was pimping unrelated to wrestling? Both are terrible but if he was Moolahing their wrestlers and they wanted him back that's straight up incomprehensibly horrid.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
maybe va gent mike wouldnt be so underwater if the shows werent 4 hours long with 30 wrestlers

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

MassRafTer posted:

One of their announcers was a pimp, and they tried to bring him back after it came out. I believe the promoter has said he believes the pimp in question has been treated unfairly.
I know for a fact that Stuttsy wasn't a pimp, so that makes me pretty doubtful about the "stealing money from his wife" stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sub Rosa posted:

I know for a fact that Stuttsy wasn't a pimp, so that makes me pretty doubtful about the "stealing money from his wife" stuff.

Ok, sure buddy.

And even if the rumors of the Backpage ring were not true he still suggested a female CWF employee engage in sexual activity for money.

Edit: Here's the whole story from the Torch. https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/01/10/mitchell-cwf-mid-atlantic-brad-stutts-split/

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 1, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ok let me see IIRC: Stuttsy was associated with a dude that allegedly was trafficking and running a shindie, some sponsors for Novapro got wind of it and raised a stink forcing Gent Mike to let Stuttsy go.

Now, if I understand this correctly, Gent Mike has been using his wife's money(this might not be illegal under local laws) because he wasn't able to pay wrestlers off the house?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I recently found out that the announcer in question was undoubtedly a pimp with irrefutable proof on the matter.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Roll up a fatty for that pimp daddy?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is he a good pimp that provides dental and medical for his charges or a bad one that keeps them in cages?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Unfortunate but justifiable necessities when you're dedicated to producing great art like Calvin Couture vs. Slade Porter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Cavauro posted:

I recently found out that the announcer in question was undoubtedly a pimp with irrefutable proof on the matter.
Did this get posted somewhere?