Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
They won 20 of their last 27. Basically they inverted the usual Brewers September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Crazy thing is the Marlins could have gotten so much more for Yelich and Ozuna if they had hung on to them. I understand wanting to get Stanton's contract off the books if it was about money, but Yelich and Ozuna aren't that expensive.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
2018 Brewers are gonna do what the 2007 Rockies did. Win a billion games in a row to end the season, blow through everyone in the NL playoffs with ease, then have an extended break without playing baseball while they wait for the AL to finish their series, thus cooling them off and resulting in them getting swept by the Red Sox.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

2018 Brewers are gonna do what the 2007 Rockies did. Win a billion games in a row to end the season, blow through everyone in the NL playoffs with ease, then have an extended break without playing baseball while they wait for the AL to finish their series, thus cooling them off and resulting in them getting swept by the Astros.

A good year for them I'd say!

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/1046855241222754304

14.5 WAR between them.

Go Crew, Rockies and As. Death to MLB ratings I don't care.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Good Dog posted:

https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed/status/1046855241222754304

14.5 WAR between them.

Go Crew, Rockies and As. Death to MLB ratings I don't care.

Shoot it into my veins

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Aaaand I've got my ticket for tomorrow. Popete will be joining me!

Looking forward to 4 straight years of being in the stands when the Cubs' season ends. :toot:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

start tyler chatwood in the wild card game

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

start tyler chatwood in the wild card game

this but unironically

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Just saw the results, that sucks. I assume the one run was an obligatory solo home run composing all of the Cubs offense in true 2018 fashion. That or some dumb Brewers error gift run.

At least the WCG is at Wrigley so the Cubs can catch their breath instead of immediately having to jump on a plane.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

2018 Brewers are gonna do what the 2007 Rockies did. Win a billion games in a row to end the season, blow through everyone in the NL playoffs with ease, then have an extended break without playing baseball while they wait for the AL to finish their series, thus cooling them off and resulting in them getting swept by the Red Sox.

I want a Yankees/Brewers series and while I'd like 5 or 6 games because I want to go to Miller for one, I guess I am OK with this outcome.

Sydin posted:

Just saw the results, that sucks. I assume the one run was an obligatory solo home run composing all of the Cubs offense in true 2018 fashion. That or some dumb Brewers error gift run.

Rizzo did a thing:
https://twitter.com/darenw/status/1046827941047545856

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kirios posted:

this but unironically

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You're correct! Now guess who hit the home run.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Niwrad posted:

I understand wanting to get Stanton's contract off the books if it was about money, but Yelich and Ozuna aren't that expensive.

It's extremely hilarious

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cubs just trying to maximize ticket sale volume.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Tom Gorman posted:

It's extremely hilarious

Jesus...thats going to be the most valuable asset in baseball.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Jesus...thats going to be the most valuable asset in baseball.

please don't bring Assets into baseball

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Inshallah

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Inspector_666 posted:

I want a Yankees/Brewers series and while I'd like 5 or 6 games because I want to go to Miller for one, I guess I am OK with this outcome.

A Yankees/Brewers series is literally the only way I'd root for the Yankees, so you've got that going for you.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

That's cool, too bad that's all the Cubs could muster. Not a fan of our chances against the Brewers in a three game set even if we manage to survive the WCG.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

A Yankees/Brewers series is literally the only way I'd root for the Yankees, so you've got that going for you.

Same. I’m hoping it’s Rockies-A’s

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

SourKraut posted:

Same. I’m hoping it’s Rockies-A’s

Acceptable outcome.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Khris Davis playing in the World Series in Coors Field could be really fun

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Blake Snell finishes the AL season:

- 1st in pitcher WAR (7.4)
- 1st in ERA (1.89)
- 1st in H/9 (5.579)
- 1st in ERA+ (219)
- 2nd in WHIP to Verlander (0.974)
- 4th in K/9 (11.009)
- 6th in overall WAR

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Luigi Thirty posted:

- 1st in ERA (1.89)
- 1st in H/9 (5.579)
- 1st in ERA+ (219)
- 4th in K/9 (11.009)
- 6th in overall WAR

The only thing this tells me is way to go AL position players. LOL, actually what a great year by a player nobody watched. I live in Central Florida and only watched a handful of Rays games. I used to watch them all a few years ago.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Luigi Thirty posted:

- 1st in ERA (1.89)
- 1st in H/9 (5.579)
- 1st in ERA+ (219)
- 4th in K/9 (11.009)
- 6th in overall WAR

Voters are probably gonna ding him for only throwing 180 IP though. Particularly when Verlander is competitive with him in a lot of those metrics but with ~30 additional innings.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rockies-brewers is going to be a fun series

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not that it matters for Cy Young voting, but if I was forming a team and could choose between Snell and Verlanders stat line, I'd take Verlander for the extra 30 IP at a high level

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

R.D. Mangles posted:

rockies-brewers is going to be a fun series

:agreed:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Is this the thread for offseason news about eliminated teams?

Pirates fired their hitting coach, Jeff Branson.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

WALKER BUEHLER :whatup:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Who the gently caress are the Rockies starting? Seeing Freeland but then others reporting it'll be Senszatela.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Niwrad posted:

Who the gently caress are the Rockies starting? Seeing Freeland but then others reporting it'll be Senszatela.

They said during the broadcast that the Rockies told them Senzatela was starting tomorrow

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1046916177518387200

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Aaaand I've got my ticket for tomorrow. Popete will be joining me!

Looking forward to 4 straight years of being in the stands when the Cubs' season ends. :toot:

:respek:

Really looking forward to this, last post season game we went to together was 2016 NLDS vs the Giants and we trounced Jeff Samardzija.

As a Wisconsin ex-pat it was particularly hard to go to today's game and having to deal with annoying Brewers fans who just learned half their teams players names within the past month. It brought back flashbacks of growing up as a Chicago sports fan in Wisconsin during the era of Favre/Rodgers. I'm half expecting the Brewers to fail to sell out their home games due to the Packers being in season.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

When I lived in Wisconsin, absolutely no one cared about the Brewers. We'd drive out to Milwaukee and go to games for like $10.

In comparison, everyone was a diehard Packers fan and could name the children of every player.

Minnesota was similar although the Metrodome was such a terrible place to watch a baseball game and the team was so bad that I don't blame people for not caring.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does a 163rd game count toward that season’s stats? Do you get an asterisk if you break a single season record in 163 games instead of 162?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I've been a Brewers fan since the late 80s, and the one bright spot for the first couple of decades of my fandom was them almost getting a WC berth in '92. It's tough to attract fans when you're not very competitive.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

WALKER BUEHLER :whatup:

This Buehler fellow, goddamn he looked confident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RCarr posted:

Does a 163rd game count toward that season’s stats? Do you get an asterisk if you break a single season record in 163 games instead of 162?

Yes, and if and only if you played all 162 games prior.

• Locked thread