Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Listen

I watched my buddies die all around me, with their loving guts hanging out of their bellies while they screamed "Mommy, where are you!?" then before expiring, painfully.

I don't care anymore, Pancho can have it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

whoah that was good

ok guys we have to no-lunch, and scum you gotta withhold the NK so we get as much votefinder storytime as possible

Sure, once the scum come forward and promise not to kill us at night, this sounds like a good plan.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I vote we get stuck in a mountain pass during a snowstorm and we are forced to eat Beetholomew and Jaspy in order to stay alive.

Why me first?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

When I'm in a game with KB and MMT, we are rarely all the same alignment. It surprisingly happened in the Shive V soldiers game, so I'm fully expecting one of them to be scum in this game.

I want to play two-up with you. Do they have two-uo or similar in the states?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

It’s dumb but idk how it’s bad, unless i am not understanding what you mean by bad

I think he means the opposite of good.. ungood if you will.

Well kB and mmt have been scum in the last few games I played with them so that leaves you tmmm.

Welp.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

I want to play two-up with you. Do they have two-uo or similar in the states?

After reading the wikipedia page I can say I've never seen anything like that played here.

But if you want to put some soups on the next Cowboys game, I can point you towards a bookie. Or at least tell you which cellblock he's housed in.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Well kB and mmt have been scum in the last few games I played with them so that leaves you tmmm.

Welp.

Lock it in folks, that’s one down

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Christ I couldn't even think of the word. gambler fallacy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

After reading the wikipedia page I can say I've never seen anything like that played here.

But if you want to put some soups on the next Cowboys game, I can point you towards a bookie. Or at least tell you which cellblock he's housed in.

We have coin flipping here

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No soluslunes yet?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

hambeet posted:

No soluslunes yet?

It appears not.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Or illegally sober?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

Why me first?

Why not you?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Fair?

You could have just said "lol I was joking these clearly aren't legitimate" and that would have been one thing.

You got self conscious and came up with a fake rear end reason instead.

This is a good post.

Max is my buddy in this game again.

##vote Madman

This is a real vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

Welp.

No it's not based off games you've played with them, only games I've played with them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Why not you?

I'd do better stewing in my juices longer.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

No it's not based off games you've played with them, only games I've played with them.

And only specifically one flavor of them. :) I'm still assuming this was your normal starting nonsense pressure thing, but if its not, this is not a thing to hang your hat on.

Having said that. MMT is pretty quiet so far.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Beet, have you played with bofa?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Well it wasn't even that, it was me constructing a parody because I couldn't think of what the concept of gamblers fallacy was called because it was not quite 7am.

Too many late nights on wagon guard duty.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Beet, have you played with bofa?

Is this an updog?

Whats a bofa?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

hambeet posted:

Or illegally sober?

Sorry, I think I’ve checked in with a post or two here but have had limited time today and a deadline in another time. I should be able to post more here late this evening and tomorrow as well.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

hambeet posted:

Whats a bofa?

oh no

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I got your gamblers phallicy right here.

*grabs bofa deez nutz*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Butts on fat asses?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I got your gamblers phallicy right here.

*grabs bofa deez nutz*

Lmao inspite of myself

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

"Well I'm a lady TMM and I'm horrible offended by ya there manners"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Beetholomew is a strange name for a lady

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

TMMadman posted:

omfg I was about to post that down to the exact word

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
wow @ both of you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

TMMadman posted:

It's Welsh.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

hambeet posted:

It's Welsh.

Impossible. Too man vowels.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

wow @ both of you

I know right.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My mom is named Beetholomew

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

My mom is named Beetholomew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJ_HsX7PkQ

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

morning all

looks like Australians are winning jokephase so far, noice. let's try and lock it in

##vote MT

I am quite concerned by her lack of engagement in our roleplaying session

Haha I read it while I was at work which wasn't enough time for me to write anything - I kept getting tripped up on you referring to me as "ma'am" even though my character is male and was going to riff off of that, but "on my phone and in 20 minute increments" isn't really my style. And then I got home and people were mafia'ing already.

King Burgundy posted:

And only specifically one flavor of them. :) I'm still assuming this was your normal starting nonsense pressure thing, but if its not, this is not a thing to hang your hat on.

Having said that. MMT is pretty quiet so far.

Also just so it's out there: I'm currently working full time + taking classes, Mondays and Tuesdays in particular are going to be busy days for me. I'm not going to lurk or anything but I'd like people to be understanding of that.

I've skimmed the game, I'm going to sleep soon but I'm gonna be here until I pass out.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Haha I read it while I was at work which wasn't enough time for me to write anything - I kept getting tripped up on you referring to me as "ma'am" even though my character is male and was going to riff off of that, but "on my phone and in 20 minute increments" isn't really my style. And then I got home and people were mafia'ing already.

Also just so it's out there: I'm currently working full time + taking classes, Mondays and Tuesdays in particular are going to be busy days for me. I'm not going to lurk or anything but I'd like people to be understanding of that.

I've skimmed the game, I'm going to sleep soon but I'm gonna be here until I pass out.

that works for now!

##unvote

lol about the "ma'am" thing, sorry bout that

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Is it true it's impossible to get addicted to two-up as that one guy once said?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

Why either of those opinions, really.

Assuming they're both real reads.

It's like 99% a joke, I've opened up a whole bunch of games with a d1 vote on TMM for flimsy reasoning.

To be fair: the last time I did it was here and I did feel like he reacted pretty scummily to it in that game (he was scum). So there was an element of "how will TMM react to this obvious jokevote?" and so far I don't think I see anything that seems particularly out-of-character for town TMM. To me, his "I think one of KB or MMT is scum" read more like him being off-the-cuff because it's D1.

Asiina posted:

This is a good post.

Max is my buddy in this game again.

##vote Madman

This is a real vote.

Can you sell me on the Madman case?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's not much of a case atm, but essentially if it was a jokevote then okay, which is why I gave the opening for him to say it was, but he seemed to imply it was real but gave a strange half-joke reason that you and KB are usually not the same alignment is him.

Also saying Max isn't being fair by pointing out that's a weird thing to say.

How isn't he being fair?

Basically that whole little back and forth was weird and I didn't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I stand with Asiina

• Locked thread