Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

GalacticAcid posted:

the cubs living up to the worst fears of their “fans” is the proof I needed that God is real

If that’s what it takes, then, welp. Gotta learn to chill out and recognize jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I appreciate how hard you’re trying dude but you’re not gonna wipe this smile off my face

I sat at my local pub in queens, and we all celebrated while the cubs hosed it up. It was a good day.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Cubs/Brewers Game 163 GDT: 12 pages of Cubsposting and people trolling Cubsposters

Dodgers/Rockies Game 163 GDT: 2 pages of Cubsposting and people trolling Cubsposters

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Cubs/Brewers Game 163 GDT: 12 pages of Cubsposting and people trolling Cubsposters

Dodgers/Rockies Game 163 GDT: 2 pages of Cubsposting and people trolling Cubsposters

It also had more people in it than Dodger stadium.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

I appreciate how hard you’re trying dude but you’re not gonna wipe this smile off my face

I sat at my local pub in queens, and we all celebrated while the cubs hosed it up. It was a good day.

The thing is, I don’t really care. If that’s what makes you smile, cool beans! That’s what rivalries and trash talking are for. They’re still in it until tomorrow and, even if they lose, we always have 2016 and a miraculous comeback from 3-1 so I’ve at least gotten to see them win the WS in my lifetime which a lot of my family didn’t get to. It was an amazing feeling and I will say with 100% honesty that I hope you get to too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

they should just let us make separate cubsposting gdts

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

TMMadman posted:

Ouch.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

They need to bring back the short-lived "Your Team Sucks" subforum.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Jansen has not been Jansen recently.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Pancakes posted:

He's been horrible for a few months. So bad that he shouldn't even be on the Post Season roster.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Pancakes posted:

Didn’t he stop taking the medication he was on too?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
rough outing for Kenley yikes

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Good start, how about 3 more dingers.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Pancakes posted:

:emptyquote:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lol

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
He's given up 11 runs (7 HR , 19 H, 3BB, 2HBP) in his past 16.2 innings

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lmao I didn’t know mark prior was la’s bullpen coach

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Also Arenado and Story are really good lol

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
walker buehler is a stud

i will root for the rockies to win tomorrow

Alst
Aug 9, 2007
s

TMMadman posted:

Except there was 10000 more people at the dodger game :shrug:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Midway through the season I noticed that a Weekly GDT didn't get started until Tuesday and I laughed when I realized it was because the Cubs and Astros had Monday off.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Wuet88 posted:

Except there was 10000 more people at the dodger game :shrug:

There was a noticeable lack of MVP chants for a player on the other team too

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

i'm sorry i'm in Canada and had to watch from a bar where I didn't have cellular data for shitposting

trust that it hurt me more than it hurt you. i will try to make up for it now *ahem*

Walker MOTHERFUCKING Buehler! 5 no-hit innings nbddddddd

Cody Bellinger reminding us why we fell in love with him last year

Rockies are trash outside of Coors, have still never won the division, will lose to the Cubs tomorrow regardless of Cubs fatalism

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 2, 2018

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm fine with this.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

bawfuls posted:

Rockies are trash outside of Coors, have still never won the division, will lose to the Cubs tomorrow regardless of Cubs fatalism

Ah, but see, have you heard about one “J. Maddon, Destroyer of Bullpens”?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Joe will yank Lester in the middle of a perfect game so he can get La Stella a pinch hit at-bat and the Cubs will blow the 1-0 lead they gained on a Baez solo homer.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

STAC Goat posted:

Midway through the season I noticed that a Weekly GDT didn't get started until Tuesday and I laughed when I realized it was because the Cubs and Astros had Monday off.

There have been quite a few times this season where I was so busy on GDT day that I didn’t get a thread up until the evening, and I know someone else created the GDT for a couple of those times.

There was also at least one week where I just dumb plain forgot it was Monday :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wasn't like scolding anyone or anything. It was just some random week where I was looking at a gamethread wondering why no one was watching anything on, realized it was last week's, and couldn't find a new one. Then I looked at the schedule and it hit me that both teams had Monday off and I laughed at the idea that with their fans not posting there was no real momentum to force the issue.

Maybe its not true and was just a false assumption I made, but it made me laugh. And I get a kick out of the last two WS winners' fans being the loudest. I wasn't posting much before 2016 so I don't know if there were like packs of Royals and Giants fans around then.

• Locked thread