Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

78 minutes tonight :getin:

For real??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
poo poo this gonna be good

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

With commercials that's like 50 minutes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

boop the snoot posted:

So are BB and Leave It To Beaver but I can definitely comment on which one is the better show.

Hopefully it's Leave it to Beaver.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

RJWaters2 posted:

It's episode 9 baby, you know what that means. Time to get my heart ripped out.

It'll probably be even worse next week. I'm wild-guessing the closing shot is Kim cuffed in the back of a cop cruiser.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kim will refuse Saul's legal help

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
So I just listened to the last podcast and it was quite good. What helped a lot I think was Michael Mando (Nacho) asked a lot of good questions, and talked about his character.

One thing I liked that he mentioned was his character seems the most grounded in the bb/bcs universe. And unlike the rest Nacho is not driven by ego. Why Nacho even became involved in the drug business is something worth inspecting too. It was a good ep with some nice behind the scenes info too.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I don't think the Kim stuff will come to pass until next season. I think tonight is all about Lalo and the Germans.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Nude posted:

Why Nacho even became involved in the drug business is something worth inspecting too.

Probably the same reason most people do - it's far more money than you can usually make with legit work and you'll make it far quicker, and tax-free. (Just like Walt did at first....) Sure it's dangerous, but if you believe that you're tough you also tend to believe that you might be tougher than your competition, so you'll do well at it and overpower your threats, plus you'll have the backing of your organization.

It's also probable that Nacho looked at his father and saw a guy who'll never be "more" than a minority encased in the working class life and wanted more power and money and prestige than his dad ever had, when he should have looked at his father as an honest man who had the luxury of owning his own business, doing honest work in a land where the working/middle class life is actually a pretty good existence compared to a lot of the world. But there's that burning desire to want more, right?

Agent Escalus fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 1, 2018

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Lol, there is no consensus, about anything. Where did those girls in nachos house come from?????

one becomes Jane, the other becomes Andrea.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Agent Escalus posted:

Probably the same reason most people do - it's far more money than you can usually make with legit work and you'll make it far quicker, and tax-free. (Just like Walt did at first....) Sure it's dangerous, but if you believe that you're tough you also tend to believe that you might be tougher than your competition, so you'll do well at it and overpower your threats, plus you'll have the backing of your organization.

It's also probable that Nacho looked at his father and saw a guy who'll never be "more" than a minority encased in the working class life and wanted more power and money and prestige than his dad ever had, when he should have looked at his father as an honest man who had the luxury of owning his own business, doing honest work in a land where the working/middle class life is actually a pretty good existence compared to a lot of the world. But there's that burning desire to want more, right?

What's funny is I think this is what the writers were thinking too. But Mando brings up a really good point in that he seems to love and respect his father. And in the scene where he is telling his father he is part of the cartel you can feel how much it hurts Nacho to admit it. It just feels to me like there could be a hidden secret to uncover.

A side tangent but Mando also brings up Gus's ruthlessness. It was fun to see the writers on the hot seat, with Mando pointing out Gus is doing the same thing to Nacho as Hector did to him.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are very different shows.

Yeah, one is pretty good (BB) and one is excellent (BCS)

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Nude posted:

So I just listened to the last podcast and it was quite good. What helped a lot I think was Michael Mando (Nacho) asked a lot of good questions, and talked about his character.

It's actually been pretty great and stuck to the topic for the last three or four episodes. I'm guessing having the usual host away on business isn't a coincidence.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah, one is pretty good (BB) and one is excellent (BCS)

Breaking Bad had better storytelling. Better Call Saul has better characters.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
BCS doesn't have Spooge or Spooge's woman. Motion denied.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I love that Jimmy always taps the college kids to help him out with the elaborate cons.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Where's the love for the skater twins?

They were pulling cons without any elitist college education.

Bring them back Vince.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i don't think they want the sorta "big break" that Jimmy'd offer them anymore

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
Jimmy kicking the fake injured skater kid in the leg was one of the best moments in the series.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Last Chance posted:

Oh snap.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

Last Chance posted:

username+post combo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

:bisonyes:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Where's the love for the skater twins?

They were pulling cons without any elitist college education.

Bring them back Vince.

Funny timing for me that this came up in the thread not five minutes after I revisited the pilot for the first time since it initially aired those winters ago (finally got around to turning Netflix back on after years without it thanks to all the premium cable offerings)...maybe they'll return in the finale episodes like Gretchen and Elliott did.

(Also I totally forgot that besides the VHS tape of Saul ads, Gene also keeps a Panamanian passport in his hidden-behind-the-closet-wall shoebox. The other items were the aforementioned tape, the band-aid tin (which has since gotten a massive foreshadowing clue dropped on us thanks to the cold open flashback to the store in Cicero), and a stack of photos, the only one of which we can see is probably his father with this car, plus a photo envelope. So...maybe Kim is in prison/on the lam at the end of BCS, and part of the grand plan is once she's out or contactable, Gene-Jimmy picks her up and they smuggle themselves to Panama?)

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RJWaters2 posted:

It's episode 9 baby, you know what that means. Time to get my heart ripped out.

Awooo! (wolf howl) (Marco knows to lie down so we can scam this jabroni)

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

This is amazing. :getin:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
just caught up

what's with Nacho's hos

that was kinda weird and out of character. Like we needed proof Nacho fucks or something

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hell yeah slippin' kimmy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, pulling a scam with the Mesa Verde plans? That's ballsy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:tviv: right out the gate

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Amazing.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010
What was she trying to accomplish there? Put in different plans?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

JustinMorgan posted:

Yeah. Remember last week when the Mesa Verde guy wanted to make a change, but it was too late?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JustinMorgan posted:

Her boss and Mesa Verde asked her to change bank plans and Kim said "we'd have to refile them and that's impossible in our timeframe" so voila she did a crime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JustinMorgan posted:

Yes, the boss wanted to expand that branch to look like another, bigger, branch that was already constructed but the plans had been submitted and approved. So there was no way to legit get it done.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Nice to see Jimmy and Kim pull out a variant play on the classic Exxon Valdeez bump and dump spill con.

Yeah just a plan swap there Justin, get the fancier new plans in there as the approved version, then Kim just says she waved her fingers and got them approved and sa'll good, man.

There's enough bureaucracy here that this seems like a plan with a high chance of success, looking forward to seeing how it unravels.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The origin story of the bell!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
AAAAHHH HOLY poo poo BELL HYPE :supaburn:. This show is so good.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Oh gently caress.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WIEDERSEHEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT