Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Nice OP, Al.

Page 2 content:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Speaking of Disgaea, should I play 5 or 1 Complete? I've only played the Prinny PSP games.

oh poo poo seriously?

The games haven't really changed that much since the first. I'm only a few hours into 5, but the classes and battle mechanics are all essentially the same so far. There are definitely some QoL & feature updates though.

If you have a literal million hours to invest and never get tired of things, start with 1. If you have a regular life and don't want to do the same thing for an eternity, just skip to 5. It's basically the same but better, and you can easily sink dozens of hours into it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I just found out TWEWY won't let you use joycon and touch controls simultaneously. Wasn't that the whole point of the original?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Wikipedia Brown posted:

Speaking of Disgaea, should I play 5 or 1 Complete? I've only played the Prinny PSP games.

I would say 5. The games in general have improved the battle system with each iteration and while I’m sure 1 complete backports some of that, I think it will still have some outdated mechanics.

1 is generally regarded to have the best story I think, but the story is not the point of Disgaea.

Eta: If you plan on playing them all start with 1. It’s really hard to give up the system improvements going backwards.

garthoneeye fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 2, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

404notfound posted:

I just found out TWEWY won't let you use joycon and touch controls simultaneously. Wasn't that the whole point of the original?

It’s basically a port of the iOS version which replaced the dual screen control scheme and puck passing with just simply having your partner be someone you can summon in battle I believe.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Modus Pwnens posted:

Well time to close this one and try again.

Hurthling has never liked anything, so his negative posts are just white noise at this point.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mega64 posted:

The Nintendo Bitch Thread

We're all Nintendo's bitches

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mister Facetious posted:

Nice OP, Al.

Page 2 content:

Did the same thing to mine last week. It was already purple but now it has a d-pad. The change in the quality of gameplay is drastic.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It’s basically a port of the iOS version which replaced the dual screen control scheme and puck passing with just simply having your partner be someone you can summon in battle I believe.

It's me, I'm the person that played the DS version only using the bottom screen. :downs:
I look forward to the simplification. That said, how did they address the pin experience issue?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Imagine being such an angry nerd you pay 10 bucks to own someone for closing a thread. Imagine being that nerd.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ometeotl posted:

Hurthling has never liked anything, so his negative posts are just white noise at this point.

This month i loved
Dqxi
Yakuza 2k
Soulcalibur 6 beta
Fist of the northstar beta

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Hey new switch thread, I have a question.

In preparation for smash ultimate, I wanted to get a switch LAN adapter. Is this like, actually necessary? Also, does any brand work or do I need a Nintendo licensed adapter?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Leal posted:

Imagine being such an angry nerd you pay 10 bucks to own someone for closing a thread. Imagine being that nerd.

That was the only funny bit. Like why AI. He just closed the thread when it was getting really venomous, he didn't even take part in the uhhh, conversation.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In 500 words or more (or less), what's the best Disgaea 5 class and why

The unique characters are the best, you end up maxing every class in order to hit one of the stat caps, so characters with unique abilities or passives win out at that point.

For just going through the story you can use whatever you want. Got a lot of mileage out of Star Mage. Never liked the Skulls.

Theotus fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 2, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Leal posted:

I own myself for free every day.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Leal posted:

A number of people are buying avs and stuff at a higher rate due to the forum's dire financials.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

404notfound posted:

This is bumming me out.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Midjack posted:

A number of people are buying avs and stuff at a higher rate due to the forum's dire financials.

Lowtax should kickstart a vpn service to subsidize the forums

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Also I preordered one of the Hori Zelda left Joy Cons w/ a real D-pad on Amazon forever ago, and it's apparently being released soon? No ship date yet. Wonder what's up.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If you have a literal million hours to invest and never get tired of things, start with 1. If you have a regular life and don't want to do the same thing for an eternity, just skip to 5.

garthoneeye posted:

Eta: If you plan on playing them all start with 1. It’s really hard to give up the system improvements going backwards.

Thanks for the opinions! Sounds like 5 is more sensible for me. I can't see myself grinding through more than one of these any time soon.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Midjack posted:

Buying avs is cool and good and people should do it more often.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Heath posted:

Did the same thing to mine last week. It was already purple but now it has a d-pad. The change in the quality of gameplay is drastic.

I like my neon red and blue, but I'd like a D-Pad. Is there a tutorial/walkthrough you used?

(I also like the Atomic Purple joycons (can you buy them?)because that was the color of my 1st Gameboy Color :3: )

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I don't think TWEWY is one of the best games ever. I bought it twice and never actually finished it. Too much talking.

But I'll try it once more.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Annath posted:

I like my neon red and blue, but I'd like a D-Pad. Is there a tutorial/walkthrough you used?

(I also like the Atomic Purple joycons (can you buy them?)because that was the color of my 1st Gameboy Color :3: )

If you just want to buy them assembled, there are people on etsy that sell them. They cost like 120 dollars though.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
More like Nintendo Rich. Have you seen the price for those contollers/games/onliNES?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

404notfound posted:

From a mechanics standpoint, yeah. The rest of the draw of Twewy was the present day street fashion style that is now hilariously dated and the story.

Basically what im saying is dont spend 60 bucks on a phone port

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The real Nintendo Witch is Bayonetta

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Barudak posted:

Basically what im saying is dont spend 60 bucks on a phone port

Goes double if it was a Square game. They outsource that poo poo and don't give a fuuuuuck about the end product.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Almost Every Nicalis game is on maybe sale right now.
Cave Story
Isaac
The End is Nigh
VVVVVVVV

etc all 40-60% off. Tonight is the last night

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The phone version of TWEWY is significantly better than the original IMHO

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I pre-ordered Daemon x Machina on Amazon the day it was made available and just received an email that due to lack of availability my pre-order has been cancelled. I'm guessing there is some sort of supply issue with this game that Amazon was just made aware of?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm still way too backlogged, and I've still got mario party, dark souls, and soul calibur 6 this month. Red Dead 2 is this month too I think? God help me I think I might actually hold off on it.

Edit: thats weird. I was able to preorder Fire Emblem no problem, and I think Daemon Machina comes before that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Amazon is not a good place to order video game stuff. You will never get it day of release.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Annath posted:

IGN has a video on YouTube that explains the process, although they just did a standard swap rather than the dpad one. You can buy the parts on Amazon. One joycon is about 15 bucks, or you can get both cons and a back plate for 40. The toolkit runs about 15 if you don't have a triwing screwdriver already. It's a pretty easy swap if you're even a bit mechanically inclined. There's no soldering or anything involved, it literally just lays over the existing pad but feels really nice. The Hori pad only works in handheld mode and I think it lacks a bunch of other features like HD rumble.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Annath posted:

If they are the ones I've been thinking about buying, you can find the shells on Amazon for $24. I'm on mobile so I can't really get a link, but look up "BASSTOP switch" and that should point you in the right direction. I am so tempted to get an ice blue set, like my old N64 controller. remember that you will need a tri-wing screwdriver though.

Out of curiosity though, how is it to play on one with a D pad instead of the buttons in games that treats them like regular buttons? I'm thinking mainly in multiplayer games that use one joycon per player.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Amazon is not a good place to order video game stuff. You will never get it day of release.

It depends on region I think. I never fail to get mine before noon launch day. Except once, because I was away and we had to work something out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Not empty quoting this poo poo.

I don’t think I’ve ever managed to get anything on release day from amazon.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Almost Every Nicalis game is on maybe sale right now.
Cave Story
Isaac
The End is Nigh
VVVVVVVV

etc all 40-60% off. Tonight is the last night

vvvvvv is an all time great game, $5 is insanely good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Untrue, and in my experience its 50/50 a day early breaking street date or 3 days late.

Last game they accidentally sent me 2 copies and charged me twice.(but only showed shipping 1 copy so they refunded me and I had a free second copy of a release game)

Its chaotic. But wont get release date is inaccurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I’ve had the opposite experience where I’ve always gotten stuff day of release from Amazon. I think it does depend on region and when you pre-order’ed