Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I agree with Asiina and am willing to put my vote where my post is. Plus what they did to beet was just mean. Also, gently caress the Cubs :colbert:

##vote TMM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

sniper4625 posted:

Spell it out for me, because I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Unless you're talking about the recent murder which yes was very suspicious.

hmm.

hambeet posted:

I think he means the opposite of good.. ungood if you will.

thanks

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I stand with Asiina

Are you saying TMM is worth a vote, then?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

IcePhoenix posted:

I agree with Asiina and am willing to put my vote where my post is. Plus what they did to beet was just mean. Also, gently caress the Cubs :colbert:

##vote TMM

Hmmmmm.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think you mean

:hmmyes:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

Are you saying TMM is worth a vote, then?

He is definitely worth it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IcePhoenix posted:

##vote TMM

got enough reasons there, bud?

I like Asiina sussing this out and might vote TMM later, but if it turns out to be wrong this is where I'd look first for scum trying to get things rolling.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fascinating

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Fascinating

I am nonplussed

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

I like Asiina sussing this out and might vote TMM later, but if it turns out to be wrong this is where I'd look first for scum trying to get things rolling.

##vote bif

This reads to me as you determining whether or not to bandwagon, and deciding you might join the bandwagon later. Additionally, it’s weird to phrase it as Asiina “sussing out” when she’s made it clear the case is worth a vote. Additionally, setting up your basically-a-chain-Lynch is an intense hedge. I come away from this post having no idea what you think about TMM.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It reads to me as a scum saying “I might join this case, but only later, to make it clear that if it’s a mislynch it was NOT my fault!”

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Well I suppose if bif is scum she already knows it would be a mislynch, which only makes the hedge more calculating.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hal Incandenza posted:

He is definitely worth it

I'm curious what makes him so definitely worth it if you haven't.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sniper4625 posted:

I'm curious what makes him so definitely worth it if you haven't.

I'd do anything for Asiina.

Except vote, typing the formatting stuff is just a little more than I want to deal with at the moment

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Hal Incandenza posted:

Except vote, typing the formatting stuff is just a little more than I want to deal with at the moment

Hmmm.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

🤔

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm just trying to be honest with my feelings here

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Apologies for not posting much today. It's my day off and I spent most of it sleeping in, cleaning house, and bathing my dogs after they came inside covered in mud.

I cannot impress upon you enough the amount of mud these two had on them. I would have been impressed if I wasn't so mad about having to mop the kitchen for a second time. Really my own fault, I knew how muddy it would be out back.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BottleKnight posted:

##vote bif

This reads to me as you determining whether or not to bandwagon, and deciding you might join the bandwagon later. Additionally, it’s weird to phrase it as Asiina “sussing out” when she’s made it clear the case is worth a vote. Additionally, setting up your basically-a-chain-Lynch is an intense hedge. I come away from this post having no idea what you think about TMM.

Hmmm. Could be something here. Looking forward to Bif's response.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I forgive you.

Voting is difficult. :love:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BottleKnight posted:

##vote bif

yeah well you read bad :colbert:

I think Asiina sounds like she's "sussing out" what she thinks of TMM, which implies that despite being sure she wants to vote him, she does not in fact actually know his alignment. This looks townie of her, regardless of whether it ends up right or wrong.

I'm not convinced yet that it's worth a vote yet myself. While I see why TMM reads as weird to her, I also find it a bit unlikely that a scum would come out swinging that fast with such blatant gambler's fallacy nonsense to make themselves look that silly. If nothing else comes up though, it'd certainly be good enough for D1.

And if that is what happens, and it turns out TMM is town, I think that vote of IP's does sound a bit overwrought, like scum trying to get a bandwagom rolling. The "chain lunch" you are assuming for me would depend on a lot of factors between now and then: the TMM lunch happening, him being town, IP not sounding any townier by then, nothing else grabbing me more by then, etc. I would certainly want to NOT pursue this further if he comes up scum.

But nice try.

oh and you just keep on going for a few more posts, don't you.

yeah this is bad.

##vote BK

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

btw if anyone doesn't know what an Australianism like "sussing out" means, it's ok to admit it and ask for a translation jsyk

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

BottleKnight posted:

It reads to me as a scum saying “I might join this case, but only later, to make it clear that if it’s a mislynch it was NOT my fault!”

also lol at the idea of me giving a poo poo about clean hands

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah well you read bad :colbert:

yeah this is bad.

##vote BK

So to be clear, you think he is scum fabricating things? Or you just think he's wrong/bad?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I feel like I’m going to have to sit down and break down that bif post later as I kept getting headspins trying to read through it.

This isn’t me having a crack, just legit finding it hard to follow at this moment.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

So to be clear, you think he is scum fabricating things? Or you just think he's wrong/bad?

it feels like scum bullshit, like he's already made up his mind he's going to read everything in the most unfavourable way possible to create a case, and transform a note for later into a whole narrative about chain lunches.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alright I rested up a bit so I can ##vote TMM

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I dunno that defense from bif seems a little TOO defensive

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I feel like I’m going to have to sit down and break down that bif post later as I kept getting headspins trying to read through it.

This isn’t me having a crack, just legit finding it hard to follow at this moment.

I don't see what's hard to follow

BK wants to know what I thought about TMM, now I have told him. I like Asiina's effort to case him, but don't agree with the case yet. IP's vote sounds a bit much, like he's trying to overexplain why he's joining in. But hey, for all I know IP just agrees with Asiina in a legit way, and TMM could even be scum. So I sure don't feel like voting IP yet either.

But if TMM got lunched off this and flipped town, that IP post would be where I start looking back. Not "IP is definite scum now, chain lunch time", it is something I would want to remember to look back at and assess to see if he looks the scummiest out of whoever voted him. A lot of other more substantial things could come up by the end of D1 too, that might take precedence!

So when I said "this is where I'd look first for scum" I meant precisely and exactly what I actually said. It is a note to self, or for others to notice on their rereads if I am gone on D2.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno that defense from bif seems a little TOO defensive

oh god let's please don't replay Culture Mafia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok lunch over, but Gaspy I would like you to spell out for me precisely what bits are confusing you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Was I in that? Did I accuse you of being defensive? Was I wrong?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

ok lunch over, but Gaspy I would like you to spell out for me precisely what bits are confusing you.

Well after your explained your own post he has no excuse, it was much more readable the second time around

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Was I in that? Did I accuse you of being defensive? Was I wrong?

omfg

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Was it the Donald Trump thing? Must have been...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bifauxnen posted:

look I went to bed really early last night and was busy at work today so outside of Asiina's case I needed to get at least a little bit of jokephase in since I basically skipped the whole thing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

None of the ~420 mafia games I was in have Culture in the name!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Ah it was contact in cudahy, sorta like Culture, I suppose you were referring to.

Yeah let's never replay that, that was like a bottom 3 mafia moment for me

I don't think this is really anything like that though, I just think you were surprisingly upset about that BK post but I am willing to see where it goes

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Okay I’ll break it down a bit Bif, most of it was me getting lost while trying to skim read your posts (always a bad idea, I know) but there’s a couple of things that pinged me.

Bifauxnen posted:

- I think Asiina sounds like she's "sussing out" what she thinks of TMM, all good

- which implies that despite being sure she wants to vote him, she does not in fact actually know his alignment. This confused me as I don’t think I’d use “sussing out” to mean this at all. “Sussing out” would be more if Asiina was uncertain of anything/everything, whereas she actually seems pretty certain already.

- This looks townie of her, regardless of whether it ends up right or wrong. this is true enough, but again not sure it matches part b

- I'm not convinced yet that it's worth a vote yet myself. cool, agreed.

- While I see why TMM reads as weird to her, I also find it a bit unlikely that a scum would come out swinging that fast with such blatant gambler's fallacy nonsense to make themselves look that silly. agreed but don’t like the little bit at the beginning, hedgey.

- If nothing else comes up though, it'd certainly be good enough for D1. Is it? Because that doesn’t sit right with me

- And if that is what happens, and it turns out TMM is town, I think that vote of IP's does sound a bit overwrought, like scum trying to get a bandwagom rolling. Strong agree

- The "chain lunch" you are assuming for me would depend on a lot of factors between now and then: the TMM lunch happening, him being town, IP not sounding any townier by then, nothing else grabbing me more by then, etc. I would certainly want to NOT pursue this further if he comes up scum. there are a LOT of assumptions here, I know you’re playing “what ifs” but it’s a lot of hypotheticals

- But nice try. ehhh

##vote BK

I actually agree with you but I found myself periodically not agreeing with you during your case which was throwing me off.

So I agree with you but I’m very wary of you, if that makes sense :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asphyxious posted:

Okay I’ll break it down a bit Bif, most of it was me getting lost while trying to skim read your posts (always a bad idea, I know) but there’s a couple of things that pinged me.

I actually agree with you but I found myself periodically not agreeing with you during your case which was throwing me off.

So I agree with you but I’m very wary of you, if that makes sense :v:

Makes sense to me!

• Locked thread