Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

iddqd posted:

I pre-ordered Daemon x Machina on Amazon the day it was made available and just received an email that due to lack of availability my pre-order has been cancelled. I'm guessing there is some sort of supply issue with this game that Amazon was just made aware of?

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Amazon is not a good place to order video game stuff. You will never get it day of release.

A quick google search brought me to this article:

Nintendo Enthusiast posted:

Amazon customers report that the company is canceling their Daemon X Machina pre-orders. The online retailer lists “lack of availability” as the reason. Of course, that isn’t the actual reason since the game isn’t even finished, let alone manufactured. The game is slated to release in 2019, but nothing more specific than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Improbable Lobster posted:

The phone version of TWEWY is significantly better than the original IMHO

Can't say the same about every FF game, SoM, or Chrono Trigger though. All trash ports.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hi I'll ask again because the other thread imploded due to being terrible.

How is Wandersong? I watched the trailer for it a few days ago and aside from looking cute I have no idea what the actual moment to moment gameplay is like or what you even do. Is it just walking around while mashing on a singing radial menu and nothing else or what else?

I'm fine with cute games but if there's no satisfying hook then I'll probably just wind up passing it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

From a mechanics standpoint, yeah. The rest of the draw of Twewy was the present day street fashion style that is now hilariously dated and the story.

Basically what im saying is dont spend 60 bucks on a phone port

What if the phone port is one of two games I care about this year

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bowsette

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Raisinette™

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Barudak posted:

From a mechanics standpoint, yeah. The rest of the draw of Twewy was the present day street fashion style that is now hilariously dated and the story.

Basically what im saying is dont spend 60 bucks on a phone port

Wait, that was real clothing in-game? I played it on its original DS release, and just assumed everyone was wearing stereotyped JRPG outfits since that's what it looked like.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Waluigi and Booette would get along famously, tbh

edit: they'd like, do crimes or something together probably

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

there should be more NES games on this thing imo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Bombadilillo posted:

Untrue, and in my experience its 50/50 a day early breaking street date or 3 days late.

Last game they accidentally sent me 2 copies and charged me twice.(but only showed shipping 1 copy so they refunded me and I had a free second copy of a release game)

Its chaotic. But wont get release date is inaccurate

I have literally never received anything that I ordered from amazon on release date, regardless of when I pre-ordered. gently caress em.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

Can't say the same about every FF game, SoM, or Chrono Trigger though. All trash ports.

Unlike those they didn't make the art worse in every way and the new controls are a good replacement for non-DS systems.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

THE loving MOON posted:

Waluigi and Booette would get along famously, tbh

edit: they'd like, do crimes or something together probably

Waluigi has had ample time to join up with Wario for Doing Crimes, but no. No. Waluigi just wants to play tennis or race go-karts, this is a vile slander on Waluigi's pristine character.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Improbable Lobster posted:

I have literally never received anything that I ordered from amazon on release date, regardless of when I pre-ordered. gently caress em.

While that might be the case for you, it's not the case for everyone. I've never gotten anything late.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

Waluigi has had ample time to join up with Wario for Doing Crimes, but no. No. Waluigi just wants to play tennis or race go-karts, this is a vile slander on Waluigi's pristine character.

True. Well they can play sports and look sketchy then

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Ok, Skyrim has been full price 99.9% of it's time on Switch and that needs to end, it's literally criminal. people need to be jailed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
How come no one told me arena of Valor was out

Is there an arena of Valor thread?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

I don't have a Switch yet, but I've been thinking of getting one for my soon to be 4yo that likes to watch me play games. Should I just pick up some bundle from Costco, or should I wait and hold out for some new yet-to-be-announced bundle or new version coming up?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Ravendas posted:

I don't have a Switch yet, but I've been thinking of getting one for my soon to be 4yo that likes to watch me play games. Should I just pick up some bundle from Costco, or should I wait and hold out for some new yet-to-be-announced bundle or new version coming up?

There are a lot of games a 4 year old would love. Captain Toad, Okami, Pokemon Quest, Mario, Fortnite

Weedle
May 31, 2006

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Ok, Skyrim has been full price 99.9% of it's time on Switch and that needs to end, it's literally criminal. people need to be jailed

Even if they were jailed, the Switch version’s HD Rumble for lockpicking would make escape trivially easy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

If you're hoping for Dragon Quest 11 on Switch any time soon, it's still going to take a while. Like to the point where the devs are telling people to just play it on PC and/or PS4 now because it's going to take a long time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Policenaut posted:

the devs are telling people to just play it on PC and/or PS4.

:thunk:

How about... no.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Any goons wanna play DBFZ?

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
That's not shocking. They can't just uprez the 3DS version but there's no way the Switch can handle the PS4/PC version without compromises. They're probably going to have to rebuild a lot of the art assets for Dragon Quest 11.

Ravendas posted:

There's both a Pokemon and a Smash Switch bundle coming out next month if you're interested in either of those, complete with decorative elements and access to a copy/code for a copy of their game. Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee might not be the purest Pokemon experience, but your four year old can absolutely use the Pokeball controller to 'help' you catch some Pokemon. Otherwise, just grab w/e tickles your fancy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I get my Amazon game preorders on release date 98% of the time. It really depends on where you live.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

:thunk:

How about... no.

I've resigned myself to play DQXI on the PC so I can have the orchestral music. The difference is simply too much.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wanted to use the orchestral music fan patch for DQVIII on 3DS and I looked into it to today and the bozo who made it also replaced the English dub with the Japanese dub.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

iddqd posted:

I pre-ordered Daemon x Machina on Amazon the day it was made available and just received an email that due to lack of availability my pre-order has been cancelled. I'm guessing there is some sort of supply issue with this game that Amazon was just made aware of?

This happened to me as well. I'm annoyed, it was one of the last prime discounts I was going to take advantage of.

Can't imagine a supply issue exists when the game isn't even done...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wanted to use the orchestral music fan patch for DQVIII on 3DS and I looked into it to today and the bozo who made it also replaced the English dub with the Japanese dub.

There's different versions floating around.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Oh cool, new thread. Hey Nintendo, put Meteos on this fucker. ty

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kiranamos posted:

I've resigned myself to play DQXI on the PC so I can have the orchestral music. The difference is simply too much.

Basically, I want to offload as many games as I can to the Switch instead of my PC or PS4.
I know it's weird, and bias towards any one corporation or another when one has a clear advantage in certain areas is nonsensical, but there it is.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I will wait however long it takes for DQ11 on Switch. I am done playing games on anything I can't bring out of the room with me. Also I have barely played games in the last few years so it's all new to me. More ports for Switch!!

VV EDIT: Hell yeah. Or if I'm already watching something on TV or hell using my PS4 for the Netflix machine that it is now, I can just pick up my Switch and start playing something immediately. It's so good.

EDIT2: like I literally pick it up, tap a button, hit A 3 three times and I'm already playing Zelda cause it's still open from last night. Takes like five seconds to start gaming.

By the time my PS4 loads Monster Hunter I am a different man than I was when I turned it on.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 2, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mister Facetious posted:

Basically, I want to offload as many games as I can to the Switch instead of my PC or PS4.
I know it's weird, and bias towards any one corporation or another when one has a clear advantage in certain areas is nonsensical, but there it is.

it’s because it’s portable. you don’t have to commit to something serious like turning on a tv and sitting in front of it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

there should be more NES games on this thing imo

Do we know when the 3 October games are supposed to go up?

Why the gently caress isn’t one of them Castlevania also.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

b_d posted:

it’s because it’s portable. you don’t have to commit to something serious like turning on a tv and sitting in front of it.

I'm seriously considering getting a second charger too, so I never have to bother with brightness and volume settings.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

RuBisCO posted:

Hey new switch thread, I have a question.

In preparation for smash ultimate, I wanted to get a switch LAN adapter. Is this like, actually necessary? Also, does any brand work or do I need a Nintendo licensed adapter?

Any will work, USB 3.0 is a safer bet. Just get the cheap UGREEN one that pops up on Amazon.
I got the one by Bionik because it's designed for the Switch so it's hidden in the dock.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Has anyone bought one of the Hori compact stands?
I know the Lamicall folding stand is the one Jacs recommends, but I really want this Zelda one:

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Compact-PlayStand-Officially-Licensed-Nintendo/dp/B01A9UATJC

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 2, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

I know the Lamicall folding stand is the one Jacs recommends, but I really want this Zelda one:

https://www.amazon.com/HORI-Compact-PlayStand-Officially-Licensed-Nintendo/dp/B01A9UATJC

Yeah I have one and it does the job fine. It's a fairly sturdy piece of plastic.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Mister Facetious posted:

I have one, and I think it's great.

In other accessory news:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GGW2SGN/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_nxSSBbAT64PJN

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:eyepop: Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Two Beans posted:

I have one, and I think it's great.

In other accessory news:

:3: