Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Big Grunty Secret posted:

My Costco is out of Kirkland sparkling water! I had to buy four cases of Polar instead! (I'm not really complaining because I love Polar but I want the most seltzer for my dollar)

This makes me want to panic stock up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I just rigged a soda stream (bought at Costco) with a giant co2 tank. I can make seltzer for years

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

FilthyImp posted:

HDBs mean you are no longer in your prime.
I curse all those drat teenagers I see in the food court, knowing their All Beef Hot Dog + Refill (and optional slice of 'za) won't haunt them in the wee hours of the morning, along with their prostates.

I recall losing the burps when i lost a lot of weight and gaining them back after gaining the weight back (helped along by the co)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Mine only has variety packs of La Croix, and it's a lovely variety... only 6 of glob's own grapefruit ambrosia, then 6 awful lemon and TWELVE lime?! because gently caress you. You like the taste of a warmed over gin and tonic that you forgot about and left on the counter all day? Have a lacroix lime. Have twelve.

Costco has failed me

Bummey fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Oct 2, 2018

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
Can't wait till the american people tire of our capitalist overlords. The costco executives will be first against the wall and I don't care about the great deals they brought us as long as poc have a better life after it's all over.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The Kirkland Costco food court is remodeling so the only item they have is the $1.50 dog and soda. Back to basics.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They should add a 3.50 Tres Al Pastor Street Tacos + Soda option.
No sauces or cilantros tho.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I was in and out of the Co in 16 minutes tonight (purchased 13 items). Weeknight evenings are the best.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SirPablo posted:

I was in and out of the Co in 16 minutes tonight (purchased 13 items). Weeknight evenings are the best.

weekday evenings like 30 minutes before close its just delightful. i can sprint and ride my cart all the way down an isle.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The spinach ravioli was really really good.

Not the Frozen ones in a bag. I like those too, but I got different ones in the fridge section that were freshish

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

TheManWithNoName posted:

I just rigged a soda stream (bought at Costco) with a giant co2 tank. I can make seltzer for years

Ok how do i do this

Also best thing to add to seltzer is a dash or two of angustora bitters

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Ok how do i do this

Also best thing to add to seltzer is a dash or two of angustora bitters

i did this too, by using a paintball co2 can and an adapter from ebay/china. no one wants to drink it cause youre not really supposed to get culinary co2 from dicks sporting goods.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Re: CO2 chat

There is zero difference between “food grade” and welding / sporting CO2. Companies like Praxair, Linde, Airgas, etc all produce 100% pure CO2 just bottle it in different sizes and packages to fit customer demand. I homebrew and have a kegerator and get my CO2 tanks filled at a local welding supply store. The only gassed that get adulterated are gasses like nitrous oxide could potentially be abused recreationally, and even then they just add a compound that stinks and makes it unpleasant to breathe.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I remember back in 2010 or so my buddy was trying to figure that out since Sodastream's whole gimmick is ripping you off on the CO2 canisters.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

I remember back in 2010 or so my buddy was trying to figure that out since Sodastream's whole gimmick is ripping you off on the CO2 canisters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razor_and_blades_model

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got the Kirkland big pack thing of pulled pork. Holy drat it's good. I love that it's just the meat and not drowning in a BBQ sauce so I could use my brand of choice.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

El Jebus posted:

I call this the No-Cart Method.

Pretty much. You just gotta get a discarded box from the booze section and my method is if I can carry it out in that box, that's my limit on poo poo I will just randomly buy unplanned. The looks you get at the check out are also pretty confused on why you are only taking a few items with you.

I've been spoiled by the kiosk. If the costco doesn't have one to order food court items inside, I just don't bother with the lines outside if they're more than 5 people long.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I ride my motorbike to Costco like 60% of time so it's very easy to not buy poo poo I don't need. This is also not a problem when I take the car as well for some reason.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Huge_Midget posted:

Re: CO2 chat

There is zero difference between “food grade” and welding / sporting CO2. Companies like Praxair, Linde, Airgas, etc all produce 100% pure CO2 just bottle it in different sizes and packages to fit customer demand. I homebrew and have a kegerator and get my CO2 tanks filled at a local welding supply store. The only gassed that get adulterated are gasses like nitrous oxide could potentially be abused recreationally, and even then they just add a compound that stinks and makes it unpleasant to breathe.

The only challenge is getting the correct hook ups. Pressurized gases will gently caress poo poo up.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Got an overnight fraud alert on my Costco Visa, some chucklehead tried using my card to buy plane tickets on Air France.

Thanks, Costco.

And I hope someone figures to see who shows up to claim the seats, and executes them on the spot, because thieves are scum. :)

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I just want to say the Victoria marinara sauce is some of the best jarred tomato sauce I've ever had and I'm sad it's not on sale anymore. I should have bought more and stockpiled it

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Yea it’s really good. The Kirkland marinara is also extremely good. Picking between the two is like 51 Victoria - 49 Kirkland.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I just want to say the Victoria marinara sauce is some of the best jarred tomato sauce I've ever had and I'm sad it's not on sale anymore. I should have bought more and stockpiled it

I bought 8 jars last time it was in stock, because it is the best marinara I have ever had.

Edit: Also, it seems to only be available every couple of months and sells out pretty quickly.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 3, 2018

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Peachfart posted:

I bought 8 jars last time it was in stock, because it is the best marinara I have ever had.

Edit: Also, it seems to only be available every couple of months and sells out pretty quickly.

Eh? I've never not seen it in stock at Minneapolis and Phoenix area ones.

I'm bummed that they had Grape Nuts for all of one week and I didn't notice the asterisk on the price tag. :negative:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I'm in the same boat. We picked up two jars to try it out and I wish we had picked up more, especially since the expiration date isn't until well into 2020. Definitely one of the better pickups of the past couple of months.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Big Grunty Secret posted:

My Costco is out of Kirkland sparkling water! I had to buy four cases of Polar instead! (I'm not really complaining because I love Polar but I want the most seltzer for my dollar)

"We found that the cans being used in the first round of product were poo poo. We're working on getting a new can supplier and starting distribution again."

Also

"It hasn't been discontinued, promise. We're just trying to work out some sourcing issues that are keeping us out of national distribution. We're sorry it's not everywhere yet - we want you to be able to get it! Source: work in corporate buying. "

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 4, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
PBUC!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/04/business/costco-food-court-prices/index.html

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Costco has JACHS Flannels for only $9.99 right now! :pcgaming: Also, Costco has Chili Bowls now? I bought one and a cesar salad and couldn't even finish the chili bowl. I didn't even eat half of it. The salad got me too full :smith: They do pack that bowl up to the brim with chili and give ya a cheese cup on top of that.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco has JACHS Flannels for only $9.99 right now! :pcgaming: Also, Costco has Chili Bowls now? I bought one and a cesar salad and couldn't even finish the chili bowl. I didn't even eat half of it. The salad got me too full :smith: They do pack that bowl up to the brim with chili and give ya a cheese cup on top of that.

Are these heavyweight?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
I just wanna say that while Costco is great enough on the mainland, in San Juan, PR it's the only place on the island that sells non-local fruit/vegetables/meat that looks and tastes great and does it for half the price of every other store. Having a membership after seven years in the Costco-less wilderness is unironically one of the reasons we like it here. PBUC.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Are these heavyweight?

I would say somewhere in the middle? These arnt thick wool flannels and not light fleece flannels. A good middle ground.Thick enough to keep you warm on a breezy day and thin enough to be worn with layers, maybe a jacket if it's really cold. Best thing to do is pick one up, try it on and see how ya like it. It's Costco, so return that poo poo if it's not the right fit for you.

My personal opinion is that these are the best budget flannels out there and that's saying something. I owned so many god drat flannels over the years.

*kicks over my mountain of PBRs and avocado toast*

E: had to google it real quick. 100% cotton baaaaaabyyyyyyyyy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I would say somewhere in the middle? These arnt thick wool flannels and not light fleece flannels. A good middle ground.Thick enough to keep you warm on a breezy day and thin enough to be worn with layers, maybe a jacket if it's really cold. Best thing to do is pick one up, try it on and see how ya like it. It's Costco, so return that poo poo if it's not the right fit for you.

My personal opinion is that these are the best budget flannels out there and that's saying something. I owned so many god drat flannels over the years.

*kicks over my mountain of PBRs and avocado toast*

E: had to google it real quick. 100% cotton baaaaaabyyyyyyyyy

Yeah I think I am going to have to brave the hawthorn Costco tonight or tomorrow. It doesn’t get cold enough in LA so I could see this working as a jacket.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
At Costco eating $1.50 hot dog, bought a garbage can, waiting for a pizza to be baked fresh for me to bring home. Life, death, birth. The Costco circle of life; a parable for us all.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Scornful Sexbot posted:

At Costco eating $1.50 hot dog, bought a garbage can, waiting for a pizza to be baked fresh for me to bring home. Life, death, birth. The Costco circle of life; a parable for us all.

You can be buried in a costco coffin.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
a real smart shopper buys the coffin when they have a mattress wear out anywhere between like 75-85

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Al pastor salad is gone. Got chili and a churro. I'm dipping the churro in the chili.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Has anyone here pre-ordered a video game from Costco.com? Does it get delivered on release day or is it shipped on release day?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has these neat 700-fill down throw blankets for like $20 right now. Good for camping or around the house.

Also they have a highly rated air purifier on sale for $99 right now.
https://www.costco.com/Winix-C535-Air-Cleaner-with-PlasmaWave-Technology.product.100280290.html

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Has anybody said Sherpa Throw yet? Sherpa throw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

Al pastor salad is gone. Got chili and a churro. I'm dipping the churro in the chili.

Is it.... good?

This sounds so weird that it arcs to delicious.