Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
japanese style body horror doesnt realy bother me for some reason. its cool to look at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my favorite part of SH4 was the comically long hospital hallway where each patient room is just a different manga panel basically. Or a haunted house. A bunch of vaguely gross unrelated bodies, and the Eileen head which was cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was there a giant head in SH2 too?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the head is the only thing i ever really see mentioned from 4

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
supposedly the one in 4 was a development glitch that they decided to leave in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

the head is the only thing i ever really see mentioned from 4

When I ran into it I instantly remembered seeing the image in gaming magazines bc it was the definitely a huge selling point. Which is funny bc it's entirely optional and there's no sound emanating from it or anything, it's just a giant head in a room

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The head is actually pretty creepy tbh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There was a good run of SH4 at AGDQ last year too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_QJaGG7O2M

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

quote:

Tactics
  • The head appears in a room in the 2nd floor hallway that is randomized with every playthrough.
  • If the player enters the room, the camera will only show Henry and the door he entered. If the player hears breathing, they're in the same room as the head.
  • As long as the player doesn't move further into the room and instead exits, they won't have to encounter the head.
  • It is a good idea to mark where the head is so the player doesn't enter the same room accidentially.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Following The Minimal Scares % FAQ

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

When I ran into it I instantly remembered seeing the image in gaming magazines bc it was the definitely a huge selling point. Which is funny bc it's entirely optional and there's no sound emanating from it or anything, it's just a giant head in a room

its cool but also the type of dumb shock gimmick all of eternal darkness is sold on

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is from the 1998 WWF booking office.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I was home I'd make a low quality photoshop of Eileen's head replaced with The Head. So just spend the next 10 ish hours imagining that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

freaking out playing Silent Hill. it's a god drat masterpiece

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I might play Observer and whatever The Painscreek Killings is. Not sure if either of them are scary though.

Observer is pretty cool and it's not really scary but they did a good job with the setting feeling oppressive and uncomfortable.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

goferchan posted:

I love that it's about bugs but i'm unfortunately a Bug Guy irl and their twists on real world species are all super cool and surprisingly accurate in some weird ways

edit: it is very grey though and honestly just becomes more grey the further into the outskirts of the world that you get lol

If you do the dlc then it'll be red and yellow. It's still kind of a gray red and yellow though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir this is a post apocalyptic McDonald's drive through.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

Observer is pretty cool and it's not really scary but they did a good job with the setting feeling oppressive and uncomfortable.

I remember this game looking really cool and if it actually isn’t that scary I may try it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

I remember this game looking really cool and if it actually isn’t that scary I may try it.

It's definitely not like SOMA or something with jump scares and monsters stalking you around. It's structured more like the movie Se7en is, the bad stuff already happened and you're just investigating the aftermath

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

In Training posted:

If I was home I'd make a low quality photoshop of Eileen's head replaced with The Head. So just spend the next 10 ish hours imagining that.

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?

I haven't played a wrssleman game in ages and WWE '19 being very D Bry centric makes me want it but uh not for the $90 the full version (so called SE) is going for at launch. OTOH I will probably throw $60 at Orochi 4 in two weeks time cause 3 was amazing and I haven't had a good Musou in a while.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im never shopping at the Molestationary Store again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lmO

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

my morning jackass posted:

I liked it up until they started adding monsters that chase you in the brain-jack sequences. It just became annoying to avoid them and made it hard to appreciate the cool spooky brain areas

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't really find games scary, and am mostly just annoyed at how slow horror games tend to be

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i don't really find games scary, and am mostly just annoyed at how slow horror games tend to be

drat. :stare:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish i could enjoy this, the season of scary games, but it's mostly just a bunch of dumb bullcrap to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE is high pace, raw thrills and pure chills...can recommend that. I also love Siren but that's a game largely made up of "bullshit" in a sense, but it's what I love about, since it's unapologetically offputting and a chore to even approach, let alone try to see through to completion

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have wanted to try RE4 for a while. maybe after i finish DQ11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

alien isolation is a more action-oriented game than most of the scary games people have mentioned but definitely still can keep you on edge

• Locked thread