Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Okay, teethposting is my favorite thing right now

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Okay, teethposting is my favorite thing right now

lol

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’m looking for a specific Krusty. He’s leaning into the camera and, with both hands, pointing at himself. Any help? It haunts my dreams.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I like you

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I’m looking for a specific Krusty. He’s leaning into the camera and, with both hands, pointing at himself. Any help? It haunts my dreams.

Sounds kind of like the scene where he’s telling his accountants or whatever through the tv camera to let nothing STOP the PAYMENT of this CHECK

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

I was just hitting random on Frinkiac and this happened :shrug:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

niiiice

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Simple, elegant, timeless.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Smirr posted:

I really really don't know how to edit gifs so I can't pull any good stuff from Frinkiac, but here are some good faces, including some from Halloween eps, that would make good availabilities

lmao gonna go with this one

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

What makes me mad about these ones is that I don't have anyone to share this with that knows enough about both The Simpsons or Dragon Ball Z to recognize any of this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:dudsmile:+:goku:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Oh, poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what kind of shirt is homer wearing

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Jose posted:

what kind of shirt is homer wearing

ive always seen it as a unbuttoned white polo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

I was biting into a sandwich and choked I was laughing so hard. Simpson Memes have killed me :ghost::dudsmile:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Which episode is the winnipeg guy from, I gotta go rewatch it

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Which episode is the winnipeg guy from, I gotta go rewatch it

The one where Bart gets a driver's license and they try to go to the World's Fair.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I've seen that one a million times, wth

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

look closer kormak

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

whenever I giggle at these I wonder if it was the animation that made that show funny

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

My Linux Rig posted:

whenever I giggle at these I wonder if it was the animation that made that show funny

Doing these memes and browsing Frinkiac has given me a new appreciation for how drat funny some of the drawings can be, and how good at visually communicating the stories the old episodes were.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

KoRMaK posted:

It was cut from syndication, since they need more time for commercials

holttho
May 21, 2007

They mention it a bunch on the commentary as well: usually the sweetest jokes are the most unconnected to the plot and are thus the easiest to remove in favor of more ad time.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Doing these memes and browsing Frinkiac has given me a new appreciation for how drat funny some of the drawings can be, and how good at visually communicating the stories the old episodes were.

The old animation was just so good at adding to the joke. I feel like when they moved their animation to digital animation, they lost a lot of that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

holttho posted:

They mention it a bunch on the commentary as well: usually the sweetest jokes are the most unconnected to the plot and are thus the easiest to remove in favor of more ad time.

A lot of the good Simpsons had a plot where the first act would make you think the show was going in one direction, then it would veer wildly off in another completely unexpected direction.

This meant, at least in Australia, that they would cut out a lot from the start of an episode, but leave the final two thirds intact.

Also, when they cut out something necessary to the plot, the final part would come off as insanely disjointed. There were a tonne of episodes which made a LOT more sense when I finally saw them on DVD.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought pretty much every episode did that, started out with one thing then pinballed right into the actual plot while making it seem completely natural. Futurama did it too.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fugggggggggggg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
GangSTAH