Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Get the gently caress out of my head.

We are one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey Sniper, who are your current scum leans?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Other than giving me a gut feeling, it isn't.

Do you have any other scum reads?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Asiina posted:

We are one.

telepathy is cheating to use it for out of thread communications

please modkill asiina and max for cheating

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No we’re just still weird al aligned, it’s a cross game alignment now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Look just because Max is my surrogate mom and I would die for her doesn't mean that we have magic powers.

C'mon now, that'd be ridiculous.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

That too.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

For the record I'm super jealous that due to scum/sk killing me, I did not get a shot at being Weird Al aligned.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We're also "can't use bb-code" aligned.

Many shared alignments.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

For the record I'm super jealous that due to scum/sk killing me, I did not get a shot at being Weird Al aligned.

I gave you a ticket and everything, just in case. :negative:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
At the moment, the things that twinged me the most were IPs overly enthusiastic defense and BKs series of attacks on Bif - I guess like others I didn't see the supporting evidence for their ferocity. The former could be explained I guess with the metafrustration, and I dont see a late breaking vote for him developing in sny case. The latter, I was hoping BK would pop on at least once more to answer raised questions before deadline before solidifying my opinions.

Most of the rest seemed to be joke posts, discussion of the above, or otherwise white noise overall, at least nothing that gave me a real scum feel.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, what's happening in this game?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Wait was there a weird al mafia what

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was Weird Al in Scooby Doo mafia. I was a 3P survivor and changed Max's alignment so we could win together on the last day.

The game technically ended before that day, but I was allowed to do it anyway because I was excited about it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##vote Solus

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

Do you have any other scum reads?

IP I'm having a hard time reading overall. He's basically the scumminess equivalent of white noise at this point to me: there's things there, I just don't know if I'd call them scum/town.

Hum's towny enough for D1, he's making reads and posting things.

Gaspy read bif almost the exact same way I did. So that's a mostly null read, nothing scummy jumps out.

TMM, on rereading:

TMMadman posted:

Now can anyone spot the problem with this post?

I hate this. I hate these games. You set it up like this, then you get to pick whichever interpretation someone puts forward that advances whatever you want people to think.

At least he had to have a stance at the end.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asiina posted:

I was Weird Al in Scooby Doo mafia. I was a 3P survivor and changed Max's alignment so we could win together on the last day.

The game technically ended before that day, but I was allowed to do it anyway because I was excited about it.

I did not expect this to be the forum where I learned Weird Al made an actual appearance in a Batman+Scooby Doo crossover movie but I guess none of us know what the day has in store for us when we wake up.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

sniper4625 posted:

The latter, I was hoping BK would pop on at least once more to answer raised questions before deadline before solidifying my opinions.

I agree with this. I would really like to see what more Beek has to say before deadline.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

I did not expect this to be the forum where I learned Weird Al made an actual appearance in a Batman+Scooby Doo crossover movie but I guess none of us know what the day has in store for us when we wake up.

From my role PM in that game.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Asiina posted:

From my role PM in that game.

quote:

The Phantom sent him through a trapdoor, and he landed on the lost treasure of Bulldog Benson. He used the money to establish a polka museum.

Bless

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
But anyway, since deadline is in a few hours.

People I'd vote for, in order: Beek, Madman, IP, KB, Solus

People I won't vote for: Max, Bif, Hal

Everyone else I suppose I could vote for if a good case came up, but I don't really see any reason to atm

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Given in retrospect that this was a relatively short Day 1 deadline by my standards (sub-48 hours) and there are multiple concurrent games running, I'm considering extending the day by 24 hours. If you have a strong opinion about this, PM me via forums or Discord ASAP. I will not take thread discussion into account. Thank you! :cheers:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

The more I re-read TMMs posts, the more and more the later posts seem scummy.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

oh well that's good

I really want to hear what Beek has to say because him and TMM are my two major scum reads

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Catch-up thoughts:

Asiina posted:

It's not much of a case atm, but essentially if it was a jokevote then okay, which is why I gave the opening for him to say it was, but he seemed to imply it was real but gave a strange half-joke reason that you and KB are usually not the same alignment is him.

Also saying Max isn't being fair by pointing out that's a weird thing to say.

How isn't he being fair?

Basically that whole little back and forth was weird and I didn't like it.

I read the initial TMM response as mostly joking, so not really buying this case even for D1.

Bifauxnen posted:

got enough reasons there, bud?

I like Asiina sussing this out and might vote TMM later, but if it turns out to be wrong this is where I'd look first for scum trying to get things rolling.

BottleKnight posted:

##vote bif

This reads to me as you determining whether or not to bandwagon, and deciding you might join the bandwagon later. Additionally, it’s weird to phrase it as Asiina “sussing out” when she’s made it clear the case is worth a vote. Additionally, setting up your basically-a-chain-Lynch is an intense hedge. I come away from this post having no idea what you think about TMM.

This initial BK response to Bif I agree with and made me lean town on BK and scum on Bif.

I’m not going to go too hard into the “sussing out” back-and-forth that followed that exchange because it makes my eyes glaze over.

IcePhoenix posted:

You didn't individually but you are part of a collective and if you can't see that you must be an umpire/ref

Triggered me (I am a football official)

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

When you catch up (good luck/hurry, hurry!) would be curious to hear your thoughts as a fellow mostly quiet person so far I'd be curious on your thoughts re: beek.

Between the two (BK/Bif), I think Bif comes off very aggressive (as per usual) and BK seems to over-justify as the conversation continues on. I think I have more of a town lean on BK and a more null read on Bif (as aggression is her usual style) as opposed to a scum read on either one.

While I was typing all this on mobile I see there’s now a discussion on Solus’ quote-post so looking at that next.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I'm still fine with the deadline. I think we can consolidate today, but :shrug:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Honestly, I'm still fine with the deadline. I think we can consolidate today, but :shrug:

I'd like to get to the meat of the game. Even if it means me dying faster. So yeah, pro continuing with today's deadline. Its simple majority, so its not like we will be forced to no cuddle.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

Triggered me (I am a football official)

:goose:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

I'd like to get to the meat of the game. Even if it means me dying faster. So yeah, pro continuing with today's deadline. Its simple majority, so its not like we will be forced to no cuddle.

Oh, I forgot that's what that meant.

Still, a definitive majority would be good.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

I don't really get that multi-quote post Solus just did, because it seems like you're leaning for BK as town, but then declare Bif town and vote for him.

Max posted:

The issue is that initial post you made looks like you're winding up to say "I think BK was the town person in that exchange given that you say most of his quotes were correct and slam Bif for throwing an OMGUS at him. Then you call him scum. It wasn't clear.

SolusLunes posted:

I've noticed that I generally try to find as much evidence contradicting my thoughts as possible. I didn't really do a very good job of organizing my thoughts in that post.

Beek before getting into it with Bif was pretty towny, with a good subtle prod. Beek (seemingly deliberately) misinterpreting Bif's posting swung that needle firmly towards scum (by D1 standards).

I think the second attempt at the explanation comes off better than the first, for sure, and if anything I think the immediate attempt at clarification here after the first big quote-post is a point in Solus’ favor as opposed to against:

SolusLunes posted:

essentially BK started out as acting pretty town, and then doubled down real hard on misinterpretations of Bif.

It may be some terrible tunneling and a town v town slapfight, because this is how those look.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ve never seen that emote before. That’s...something.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I feel better with Solus after that explanation.

He's quite far down my list of suspects.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

I’ve never seen that emote before. That’s...something.

goose is love, goose is life

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I think I’m going to take a look at Hal and MMT next, since at the moment I’m not really reading anyone strongly for scum and I can’t recall anything specific either has posted so far. Will do that on my lunch break here shortly.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:sludgepal: Apologies, but one last interruption. It has come to my attention that the language I used for today's execution method was unintentionally misleading. It is Standard Majority (e.g. must have a majority of votes as described in Votefinder, or the day will end without an execution). :sludgepal:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm kinda giggling that Asiina thinks I'm scum.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

slam Bif for throwing an OMGUS at him.

Oh, right, I wanted to point this out: I don't see OMGUS as a negative thing. I don't see it as particularly indicative of alignment at all.

To quote the sage wisdom of meatvegetable:

hambeet posted:

like christ, you're allowed to defend oneself

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey max, besides IP, who do you think is scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Solus is like my new favourite mafia player rn :3:

this deadline seems ok, but I wouldn't mind the extension. I was kind of pushing it yesterday spending too much time arguing when I had a lot of work to do, so I might have a hard time being around for this deadline. And it'd be nice to have more time to get more reactions to all this stuff on the record.

If the BK vote doesn't get any farther, I would vote IP next. I didn't like that post either, where he came back to explain how his overly joke-justified joke was very UNjustified, actually!

I'd be ok with voting TMM too, but... that kind of absolutely maddening "I see you plainly quoting something, but will straight up deny to your face you even said what you said" reaction is unfortunately all too often town, in my experience. BK's reactions to me, while equally maddening, seem a lot more like he's actually pushing an agenda while TMM just feels stubborn as hell.

So before him I'd rather vote a lurker like Hum or IS. I am still concerned about MT, and wanted to prod her a bit since I know if she's scum she'll want to be out of her misery as quickly as possible. But I also know her being very busy irl right now is legit, so I'd like to give her more time to gather her thoughts for some D2 posting, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hmmm, ok, so we have to consolidate. I don't like the BK vote, but I don't feel strongly enough to not vote there. Would vote. That flip will help solidify other alignment reads. Still like my Solus vote. Would vote other lurkery people with ease.

Won't vote today: Bif, TMM, Asiina.

Would consider cases on others.

• Locked thread