Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MOD EDIT HAMLINE

LAST YEAR: The B1G bullshitted their way to 3 of the 4 frozen four spots and all 3 of them lost. lol.

THIS YEAR: There's going to be more bullshit! College hockey is bullshit! We're going to watch anyway because we're all a bunch of masochists! I'm going to make more Talking Heads references! gently caress you!

LITERALLY NOBODY CARES
Exactly one team matters here (Air Force) and everyone is trash garbage. Why in blue gently caress does this conference get an auto-bid?

gently caress THE B1G gently caress JIM DELANY gently caress THIS CONFERENCE gently caress THEIR TV DEALS gently caress THE B1G THIS CONFERENCE IS POOP TRASH BRING BACK THE CCHA gently caress THE B1G
Newcomers Notre Dame went over a shockingly competent gently caress Ohio State in OT. Michigan is rebuilding under Pearson. gently caress Ohio State may be a flash in the pan? Guess we'll find out. Penn State regressed to .500. Michigan State is still 100% rear end, my dudes. Wisconsin and Minnesota are also in this conference. Noted Good Poster Neo is hopefully still around to either bemoan or celebrate Michigan. Maybe both!

JUST CALL IT IVY LEAGUE HOCKEY ALREADY
Cornell had a hell of a year and then was immediately eliminated by BU in the national tournament. Princeton won the conference tourney and got tossed by gently caress Ohio State. This may be the most Paper Tiger conference.

lovely ACCENTS AND THE ONLY CONFERENCE THAT GETS ANY SHRED OF NATIONAL MEDIA ATTENTION, ALL FROM R-LAM AND lovely PLAY BY PLAY ANNOUNCER JOHN BUCCIGROSS
I just now learned the conference tournament trophy is the Lou Lamoriello Trophy. Huh, how about that? BU won out over Providence and I think Northeastern finally won the beanpot for the first time in like 25 years, maybe that was last year. This all runs together in my lovely head. gently caress you!

MURDERER'S ROW WITH SPECIAL GUESTS MIAMI AND COLORADO COLLEGE
Holy poo poo Miami's never getting rid of Rico, are they? How the hell St. Cloud got upset by god damned Air Force in the national tournament is a mystery. Teemu's gonna make a lot of angry posts. Like, all the angry posts. Just you fuckin' wait.

CHAOS loving REIGNS IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE MEASURED IN THE DOZENS
Yeah this conference still makes no sense. I'm amazed both Alaska teams have still survived. Fightin' Nerds won it then got mollywopped by Notre Dame.

IT'S TIME FOR A TON OF BAD POSTS BETWEEN LIKE 6 COOL FOLKS AS ANOTHER SEASON OF lovely COLLEGE HOCKEY IS SOON UPON US, MY DUDES. YELL ABOUT YOUR SCHEDULES OR SOMETHING. LET THIS THREAD DIE FOR 2 MONTHS UNTIL THE SEASON STARTS. LISTEN TO A BUNCH OF TALKING HEADS SONGS BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD AND THEMATICALLY APPROPRIATE FOR BAD COLLEGE HOCKEY. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl3B_FTDKD0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3eC35LoF4U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imWnuirIL8o

COLLEGE HOCKEY: gently caress YOU

E: someone post the gifs of Michigan guy flipping off a Nodak fan and BG getting run over by a parade

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I went to the Beanpot and it was extremely cool and good. Drink beers watch hockey bitch

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Last year I went to one men's hockey game. Michigan State won 2-0 and my mom fell asleep in the third period.

More relevant to this thread, I saw David Byrne in concert supporting 'American Utopia' and it was a religious experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G4xhSefuI

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Coco13 posted:

More relevant to this thread, I saw David Byrne in concert supporting 'American Utopia' and it was a religious experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G4xhSefuI

now we're talkin

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Quinn Hughes is coming back to Michigan and that is cool and good and i hope he scores a lot of points tia

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

gently caress North Dakota

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Is this the thread where I say the US got screwed in the Hlinka Gretzky Cup?

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Anthony Angello signed a deal with the Pens and will report to WBS for an AHL tryout instead of returning to Cornell. The Big Red being Good last year was a surprise but I think them being Good again this year would be a far bigger surprise.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mamma Lucia posted:

gently caress North Dakota

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

Is this the thread where I say the US got screwed in the Hlinka Gretzky Cup?

Sure!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

also, DJ

I should ban you for severe lack of Hamline.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Northeastern did win the beanpot last year for the first time in forever, but you couldn't tell because those idiot fucks are always falling down drunk in the street vomiting out of ubers pretending like they're not a safety school at any time of the year for any reason.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Northeastern did win the beanpot last year for the first time in forever, but you couldn't tell because those idiot fucks are always falling down drunk in the street vomiting out of ubers pretending like they're not a safety school at any time of the year for any reason.

Good to see your hatred in midseason form already :cheers:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I refuse to accept being called a good poster

gently caress Notre Dame

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh and

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Aug 15, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:love:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
promote rico to AAD and get a real coach tia

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Michigan is gonna be real good this year with Hughes back

So will ND, as Jeff Jackson is a wizard or something

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Michigan is gonna be real good this year with Hughes back

So will ND, as Jeff Jackson is a wizard or something

Jackson coaches his rear end off, I gotta hand it to him. Hockey was an afterthought at Notre Dame for a long time before he arrived.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?lang=en

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the post my "ISIL-Hamline" chrome filter was built for

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
is UMASS gonna be tournament contention good with Level 2 Makar or just better than Maine good

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

T-Bone posted:

is UMASS gonna be tournament contention good with Level 2 Makar or just better than Maine good

UMass hasn't even been over .500 in the better part of a decade. Makar might be good but that's asking a hell of a lot for them to suddenly make the national tournament

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

DJExile posted:

UMass hasn't even been over .500 in the better part of a decade. Makar might be good but that's asking a hell of a lot for them to suddenly make the national tournament

Mario Ferraro (Sharks second rounder) is really good too and their top five scorers + goalie were freshmen! This is the year!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God drat I completely forgot Quick went to Lowell

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I refuse to accept a man named Mario Ferraro as anything other than a celebrity chef. :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/hockeyfights/status/1037189550047543296

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Gone be hanging that banner in about 2 weeks.

I got the NCHC.tv annual pass this year. I'm pretty pumped to hear the Beer Song being played behind the extremely uneven audio production of UMD home games.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 19, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
St. Cloud lost to Air Force because they loving suck. It isn't a loving mystery that Bob Motzko is a fat dipshit who can't dress himself or coach hockey.

Brett Larson, on the other hand :swoon:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

poo poo kicks into gear this week!

lovely LOW EFFORT CONFERENCE PREVIEW TIME!!! I'm not using Talking Heads references this time!

when a web site asks if i want to see their "New Design" it is the exact same thing as a man asking if i want to see his penis and rear end
The B1G added Notre Dame and Michigan might not suck! Ohio State is inexplicably not poo poo and largely have Tanner Laczynski to thank for that! Sparty is still poo poo! ND goaltender Cale Morris is The Truth!

i can just tell all of you are going to be a bucnh of little shits today and rat gently caress me out of another pulitzer price by not retweeting me
the fukkn nerrrrrd conference is... hell I don't know maybe Harvard will be good again?

i love being the guy at pitch fork whose job it is to argue that thr greatest song of all time is "You Aint Nothin But A Hound Dog" by elvis
BC and BU are both probably gonna own. BU have a loaded freshman class. BC returns drat near everybody. Providence looks to be loving stacked.

i loving hate it when i come at the king and miss, especially when I best not do that
This is gonna be a loving bloodbath. Minn-Duluth stand a great chance of repeating. St. Cloud returns almost all of its scoring, but lost head coach Bob Motzko to Minnesota. NoDak is loving Nodak. Lord knows what your'e going to get out of WMU but Wade Allison is back and will be a monster.

they need to put nets up in the baseball fields to catch all the homers. youre wasting so many good baseballs and it makes me sick
This is basically Minn-State, Fightin' Nerds, BG... and then God knows what. Weird poo poo will happen, that is a 100% guarantee. SPACEBEAR MOTHERFUCKERS

i bet the three stooges would be pissed if they figured out the name of their show. they probably think its called "the three normal guys'
Air Force probably gets the autobid out of the conference that very loving much should not have one.

here comes that rear end hole. that bloated nit wit trying to scam us again. that howling jack-o-lantern. Boy id love to get a look at his pecker
Someone give Arizona State a home, please. C'mon. (it's gonna be the WCHA isn't it)

SATURDAY! ALL TIMES EASTERN BECAUSE gently caress YOU! ALSO THESE ARE ALL EXHIBITIONS! HOLY gently caress rear end!

York @ Niagara 3PM
Toronto @ Canisius 4:35PM
Ottawa @ St. Lawrence 5PM
US U-18 @ Ferris State 5:07PM
Lakehead @ Bemidji State 7:07PM
Guelph @ Clarkson 7PM
Brock @ Penn State 7PM
Acadia @ BU 7PM
Prince Edward Island @ Q'Pac 7PM
New Brunswick @ BC 7PM
Lethbridge @ WMU 7:05PM
Wilfrid Laurier @ RIT 7:05PM
Manitoba @ NoDak 8:07PM
Alberta @ Denver 9:07PM
Mount Royal @ Minn State 8:07 PM
Royal Military @ UMass Not Lowell, The Other One 8PM

SATURDAY NON-CON GAMES!! gently caress!!
LSSU @ Merrimack 7PM
AIC @ Providence 7PM
Army @ Union 7PM
SPACEBEAR @ Arizona State 9:05 PM
BGSU @ Mercyhurst 7:05PM
Bama-Huntsville @ TO ZE NORTHEAST REGIONALS 7:05PM
Colorado College @ Alaska-Anchorage 11:07PM
Minnesota @ Minn-Duluth 8:07PM
Vermont @ Retired, Red 7:30 PM

GO YOUR TEAM UNLESS THEY ARE PLAYING MY TEAM, THEN DO NOT GO YOUR TEAM

COLLEGE HOCKEY SUCKS AND IS BAD LET'S ALL GET HYPE

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/843820190915854336

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

hot take: aha is going to be a "good" conference this year insofar as their autobid won't be a complete embarrassment

also firepromote rico

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
My Michigan tickets came in the mail last week, I am very excited for college hockey despite Michigan having almost zero games after the new year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

My Michigan tickets came in the mail last week, I am very excited for college hockey despite Michigan having almost zero games after the new year.

why the hell are Michigan and Penn state playing a game in MSG? :psyduck:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJExile posted:

why the hell are Michigan and Penn state playing a game in MSG? :psyduck:

Prob the B1G combo hockey/basketball doubleheader

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It is, and last time they did it with oth those schools (2016) they drew 13k. That was also the first time, they've hovered around 4k the last two years, so maybe the novelty wore off, but michigan and penn state have pretty sizable alumni contigents in the tristate area. Better than Minnesota and Illinos. And no one cares about Rutgers basketball

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 2, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teemu Pokemon posted:

And no one cares about Rutgers basketball

Fixed that

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

People in SI/North Jersey/parts of the rest of downstate NY actually care about Rutgers football for whatever reason.

They have a decent club hockey program and Delany has a hard on for those phat NYC media market dollars, which really makes me think they're gonna try to get some nice central jersey mob money to get Rutgers up to D1 within the decade

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Rutgers and Illinois join the B1G by 2024 book it

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Those people should immediately stop caring about Rutgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Illinois has been hemorrhaging money even with the lucrative BTN deal. I'd be stunned if they could bankroll a program at all.