Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

XIII posted:

Killswitch Engage is the AC/DC of metalcore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

has august burns red written another song yet or are they still playing the same one 12 times across multiple albums?

Eh, this is kinda a lazy insult because Unearth, a band everyone here agrees loving rips, has been writing the same poo poo for like 15 years and no one cares.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
I know Counterparts are a hardcore band but gently caress, the new EP (and literally everything else by them) loving rips and I just love them, okay?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Stelio Kontos posted:

I know Counterparts are a hardcore band but gently caress, the new EP (and literally everything else by them) loving rips and I just love them, okay?

Counterparts owns.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Stelio Kontos posted:

I highly recommend following them on Twitter.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Counterparts loving rule

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

appropriate album cover for what these songs make me want to do:

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Pass out and listen to something worse?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

makes me want to pass out from boredom and then wake up and listen to something good like this new zao song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBgHRZM7dYs

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I'm going to see ETID at St. Vitus, if you haven't been there uh, this is the entire venue:

I'm incredibly hyped but also very well might die.

EDIT: Actually I survived a DEP show there I think I'll be OK. Still, gently caress yes.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 26, 2018

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
this isn't core i don't think but i'm not really sure where to put this: Unspeakable by They

google music: https://play.google.com/music/listen#/album/Beyhamihcshtxjmwz2gjbb76yr4

spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/4QasF6WOCTvwfNrenkPaS6

someone in a btbam facebook group i'm in is part of the group and posted it yesterday. it's interesting if you're into weird progcore, i dig it

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Inspector_666 posted:

So I'm going to see ETID at St. Vitus, if you haven't been there uh, this is the entire venue:

EDIT: Actually I survived a DEP show there I think I'll be OK. Still, gently caress yes.

as someone who saw them at rock and roll hotel, which is about like that: godspeed, it's gonna rule

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Here's something people here might like:

Rob Arnold, of Chimaira fame, is putting out an album tomorrow under his side project "The Elite". It's been like 8 years in the making lol but it's finally coming out.

Here's a song off the first EP, which is almost 10 years old at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE1vCTsGSvA

It owns, and then new album will probably own too.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
That was enjoyable and I look forward to more.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
If you like a little nu-metal with your core (and who doesn't, am I right, fellas??), My Ticket Home just released a new song - good mix of unReal and Strangers Only:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IHLiaXr7TU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Here's something people here might like:

Rob Arnold, of Chimaira fame, is putting out an album tomorrow under his side project "The Elite". It's been like 8 years in the making lol but it's finally coming out.

Here's a song off the first EP, which is almost 10 years old at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE1vCTsGSvA

It owns, and then new album will probably own too.

I tried to google this morning about this album. "world war 3 by the elite" does not return any music, but sure does return a lot of interesting results.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
New Beartooth is heavy on the rock and light on the core, but it's fine enough I guess

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

xZAOx posted:

I tried to google this morning about this album. "world war 3 by the elite" does not return any music, but sure does return a lot of interesting results.

Yeah, it's really tough to find. I don't remember how I got it 10 years ago. If you're interested I can throw the files up on a google drive or something and PM you the link.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah, it's really tough to find. I don't remember how I got it 10 years ago. If you're interested I can throw the files up on a google drive or something and PM you the link.

I eventually got to some info here: https://www.robarnoldworld.com/

That's twice this week people have posted bands that are impossible to google, heh (the other was "They").

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

There's a Japanese post-rock band I love that's just called Té, that's always fun to search for (also there's another, similar, JP post-rock band called Toe, to add to the confusion)

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Inspector_666 posted:

I was there when ETID played Vitus in 2013. Here's a video of the mayhem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3B-ex8flOc

I'm also flying back home to see ETID play the couple of boat shows they're doing in about two weeks, and I'll be at the Vitus show as well.

Inspecter_666 if you like doing shots, let's do one together before I kick someone in the teeth during Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Eh, this is kinda a lazy insult because Unearth, a band everyone here agrees loving rips, has been writing the same poo poo for like 15 years and no one cares.

Speaking of Unearth, here's a new track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYsP5TgAVM

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kumba posted:

New Beartooth is heavy on the rock and light on the core, but it's fine enough I guess

Is it better than Aggressive?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

wandler20 posted:

Is it better than Aggressive?

Better than Aggressive, not as good as the first one imo

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kumba posted:

Better than Aggressive, not as good as the first one imo

That's kind of what I figured it would be. I'll have to check it out.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i'm 34 and just two-stepped in my room to the new unearth track

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
I just saw Parkway here in Arizona last week and they put on a real loving good show. If anyone in here is thinking about seeing them, do it

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

XIII posted:

Speaking of Unearth, here's a new track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYsP5TgAVM

I’m even higher on this one than the first single they put out. Trevor sounds more like Trevor and less like Matt Heafy (no offense, kumba). That sustained scream of “memoraaaaaaaay-ay” around the @01:06 point is butthole puckering.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Beelzebozo posted:

I’m even higher on this one than the first single they put out. Trevor sounds more like Trevor and less like Matt Heafy (no offense, kumba). That sustained scream of “memoraaaaaaaay-ay” around the @01:06 point is butthole puckering.

how dare you!!!

yeah i like this one a lot more than the last one. something about the vocal production does sound kinda.. off? dunno, sounds a lot different than their previous records

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

kumba posted:

how dare you!!!

yeah i like this one a lot more than the last one. something about the vocal production does sound kinda.. off? dunno, sounds a lot different than their previous records

Isn’t DL producing this tape

Producing is, well, not his best thing

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Wamsutta posted:

Isn’t DL producing this tape

Producing is, well, not his best thing

Nah, evidently DL did some co-writing on some of the songs, but it's being recorded by the godlike Will Putney, with Adam D handling drum production.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
I gotta return to our Counterparts talk earlier, because if the "put a fuckin' BULLET IN MY HEAD!" part in "Monument" doesn't gently caress your poo poo up, I don't even know what you're doing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heacnHcCTes

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

kumba posted:

how dare you!!!

Yeah, the the vocals are throwing me off with these Unearth singles also. The sound...scratchy?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
for lack of better words, it sounds to me like they produced the song like it was gonna be chug-a-chug deathcore when it isn't

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Any new albums recently? I was listening to Killswitch last album Incarnate and it is pretty bad but I used it for a few gym sessions.

Anything like As I lay dying or old killswitch engage mainly gonna listen in the gym. Just looking for good albums, no short lps.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Ulio posted:

Any new albums recently? I was listening to Killswitch last album Incarnate and it is pretty bad but I used it for a few gym sessions.

Anything like As I lay dying or old killswitch engage mainly gonna listen in the gym. Just looking for good albums, no short lps.

Bleeding Through put out an album earlier this year that's really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7WHbpspIMQ

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

BTs best album since the one with the hot topic bleeding heart album art

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

BTs best album since the one with the hot topic bleeding heart album art

The Truth is also really good. Their self titled from 2010 has a different vibe from the rest of their stuff, but even that is good. The album from 2012 just rips straight through its run and is probably their heaviest. Bleeding Through has never really put out a bad album.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Going to this tour on Monday, super stoked for Kublai Khan and Oceano always deliver live:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Eight Is Legend posted:

Going to this tour on Monday, super stoked for Kublai Khan and Oceano always deliver live:

🍇🍇🍟