Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Is there a reason you phrased it as 'doesn't have a town wincon' instead of 'is scum'?

I'm not in the scumdoc with him. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Is there a reason you phrased it as 'doesn't have a town wincon' instead of 'is scum'?

Maybe she beat the odds and rolled 3P in two games in a row.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I'm not in the scumdoc with him. :v:

But you are in the scumdoc with others?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's been so long since I've seen paranoid town TMM that I forgot what it felt like.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

TMMadman posted:

But you are in the scumdoc with others?

Hmmmmm.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

Someone quote me his strongest case / scum read.

I don't see anyone can write off "even if his alignment calls are basically a bunch of town reads" as no big deal.

He gives his opinions on the major happenings of the day, but doesn't find any of them particularly scummy (namely Madman, BK, Bif, and Solus). He looks at a few other people on his own, but doesn't find much there. But his reads to seem like he's actually paying attention to the thread.

I mean, it's not like there's been any super strong cases D1, so yeah I'm fine with a bunch of "I dunno, none of it is standing out to me." It's not great, but I don't particularly read it as scummy.

IS, what do you think of IP?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I feel pretty strongly that

- IS is scum
- IP is the patsy (scummiest looking town)
- the reason that people aren't looking at IS with more suspicion is that he has a scumteam helping him out

I have probably ten more minutes or so before I pass out.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

He gives his opinions on the major happenings of the day, but doesn't find any of them particularly scummy (namely Madman, BK, Bif, and Solus). He looks at a few other people on his own, but doesn't find much there. But his reads to seem like he's actually paying attention to the thread.

I mean, it's not like there's been any super strong cases D1, so yeah I'm fine with a bunch of "I dunno, none of it is standing out to me." It's not great, but I don't particularly read it as scummy.

IS, what do you think of IP?

How do you think his reads would look any different if he were scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

- IS is scum
- the reason that people aren't looking at IS with more suspicion is that he has a scumteam helping him out

I still like Solus better, but I'll give this a go.

[B]##vote is[\b]

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Or I will when I'm back at a computer I guess.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

[B]##vote is[\b]

What kind of budget phone do you have that this vote didn't work? :psyduck:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

[B]##vote is[\b]

:crossarms:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey MMT, since you asked about it. Do you have a town wincon?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

oh lol you did a \ instead of a /

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

What kind of budget phone do you have that this vote didn't work? :psyduck:

How about the kind of forum that doesn't read \ as /

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

If such paltry parlor tricks weren’t so far beneath him, I’d almost say that looked faked.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

TMMadman posted:

How about the kind of forum that doesn't read \ as /

Too slow, cowpoke.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

Too slow, cowpoke.

or should I say cattle-rustler????

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
KB, with awful app you can just choose the formatting. No longer do you have to hunt down square brackets.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rolecall, how many people are actually here?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

How do you think his reads would look any different if he were scum?

Less justification and less likely to write off people as probably town.

Also going out to look for reads himself on people nobody is talking about and not finding any, I don't know why you'd do that as scum when you could just not post that, since it's not going to get you any cred.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

KB, with awful app you can just choose the formatting. No longer do you have to hunt down square brackets.

Oh sweet Jesus. Didn't see that there.

##vote IS

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Max posted:

I am here. Feeling better about Solus after my reread.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Hey MMT, since you asked about it. Do you have a town wincon?

I do.

To be clear, I think that "doesn't have a town wincon" is something that scum would say (since they know who isn't scum but not who is 3P) whereas "is scum" is something that town would say (since their default mode is to hunt for scum). But I don't want to start a derail on another case this close to deadline.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Murmur Twin posted:

Do you have any examples? Because I’m not really feeling IP or IS for scum and this is the part of your post that pokes out to me the most

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Murmur Twin posted:

- IS is scum

I know your point was about IP's frustration but he didn't really provide anything else so I'm sticking with that for now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Murmur Twin posted:

- IS is scum

Name names.

I don't see how you can strongly think IS is scum for not providing good reads but IP is a patsy...for not providing reads at all.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Max posted:

Here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In case I want to analyze votes later in the game.

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

IcePhoenix (4): Max, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Asiina
IllegallySober (3): Murmur Twin, hambeet, King Burgundy
BottleKnight (1): Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina, SolusLunes, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina
SolusLunes (1): King Burgundy, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
Bifauxnen (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, TMMadman, BottleKnight
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix
hambeet (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Mr. Humalong (0): Max, Max
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Max (0): Asiina, Asiina
Murmur Twin (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (5): IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period :rubshands:

With 16 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 02nd, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 23 minutes.

The wagon train is moving at a steady pace. Today's execution method is Standard Majority.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK I was going to do a "what happens when I do this" vote but the numbers are pretty even between the two anyway.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asphyxious posted:

Like I interpreted his posts to mean him “catching up” was he was literally rereading a handful of people then just kinda gave up, which is crappy play. But when I reread his posts I didn’t get pinged at all which gave me pause.

As I said the worst part was him being like “well what are the cases that aren’t bk?” like bk is a sure vote, when he’s said he thinks bk is town.

I’m just getting home now and reviewing the posts I’ve missed in the last two hours or so but I’m actually irritated at this characterization of what I’ve done this game day.

No, I haven’t reread every player in the game to this point, but I’ve reviewed several today and have been trying to provide thoughts as I go. My last post was asking if anyone had anyone else they specifically wanted me to look at next, as I was well aware the ones I’d looked at so far I’d not found particularly scummy. I excluded BK as I’m leaning town on him. But I wasn’t “giving up” on anything and to describe it as such is frustrating when I’ve been trying to contribute in and around an otherwise-lovely day for me today (which I try not to point out anymore after having been accused of using that to hide from giving reads in previous games. C’est la vie)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Sorry if the crappy comment offended you but also big ups for getting annoyed at the guy defending you instead of the people saying your content is completely fake because you’re scum?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Asiina posted:

Name names.

I don't see how you can strongly think IS is scum for not providing good reads but IP is a patsy...for not providing reads at all.

IP's sin is basically just lurking. It's not inherently suspicious to me. I'm sometimes quiet at the start of D1 and I definitely got frustrated as poo poo when I first started playing Mafia when people would case me seemingly no matter what I said. I think that the momentum on him doesn't justify the strength of the case.

IS went out of his way to make it look like he was searching through the thread looking for scum, and shared with us his observations - but he didn't find anyone to call suspicious. I think that it specifically looks like IS is trying to go out of his way to appear town despite not actually seeming to have any interest in hunting for scum, and I think that the only reason to say "I can't find any cases" (instead of just making a case that might be wrong) is that he's self-conscious scum.

BottleKnight posted:

Do you have any examples? Because I’m not really feeling IP or IS for scum and this is the part of your post that pokes out to me the most

Nah, I'd rather keep the focus on IS and this feels like a derail.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

From my standpoint you lightly read like 4 people then vanished sorry for not being loving psychic that something came up.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Not Voting (5): IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period

For the record, as we get closer to deadline, I'm more and more fine with voting any of these folks.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Halt the aggro. IS, post some reads please.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

But I wasn’t “giving up” on anything and to describe it as such is frustrating when I’ve been trying to contribute in and around an otherwise-lovely day for me today (which I try not to point out anymore after having been accused of using that to hide from giving reads in previous games. C’est la vie)

Regardless of what I think your alignment in an internet game is, I'm sorry you've had a lovely day and I hope things get improve :glomp:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KB just reminded me that sniper is in this game and his posting is also supremely suspect. Would vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

Not Voting (5): IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period

For the record, as we get closer to deadline, I'm more and more fine with voting any of these folks.

Don't threaten me I'm standing right here. I don't like the push on IP, waiting for IS to post some more before I decide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm not kidding, click his link in the OP and look at how more than half his posts, many of them made well out of joke phase, don't have anything to really do with the game.

These two posts in particular stand out:

sniper4625 posted:

At the moment, the things that twinged me the most were IPs overly enthusiastic defense and BKs series of attacks on Bif - I guess like others I didn't see the supporting evidence for their ferocity. The former could be explained I guess with the metafrustration, and I dont see a late breaking vote for him developing in sny case. The latter, I was hoping BK would pop on at least once more to answer raised questions before deadline before solidifying my opinions.

Most of the rest seemed to be joke posts, discussion of the above, or otherwise white noise overall, at least nothing that gave me a real scum feel.

sniper4625 posted:

If I have this right: BK says Bif supported Asiina's case (only to later retreat and recant under pressure) and was calling for suspicion on any TMM voters for a future chainlynch, while Bif is claiming that she was supporting Asiina making a case and was specifically calling out IP for specious reasoning on the lynch. Then uh you both started yelling at each other and things devolved. Correct?

These look and smell like summary posts that don't really say . . . anything?

• Locked thread