Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

Yes, if you look back you'll see I responded to it saying, something like won't happen unless you vote. AKA, let's try to make it happen. But you were mysteriously missing immediately after you posted said position, with no vote, until it was way too late. To me the lack of a vote indicated a lack of desire to actually see Merk happen, since it is not like you couldn't still change as necessary.

Nah, you're wrong on me yet again, but I'm glad we can continue our proud tradition of your obdurate insistence that I am scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CubicalSucrose posted:

I thought gaspy seemed fine so I didn't vote that way. AA had claimed "Not Town" but I wasn't gaining any traction there. imgay also seems pretty cool, similar to KB. Dancer and Toalpaz could be playing a pretty fun scumcon with the gun exchange N1 followed by Dancer faking that the gun exchange didn't happen to cover a bit, but since then they've both seemed okay.

Still have no idea if people are informed about who gave them guns.

So far AA is 3p, and Dancer and Toalpaz did something but it’s ok. Any scum reads?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Your Personal Muse posted:

So far AA is 3p, and Dancer and Toalpaz did something but it’s ok. Any scum reads?

ASF and IS seem cool. No scum reads.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CubicalSucrose posted:

ASF and IS seem cool. No scum reads.

Which ASF posts do you like?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

Which ASF posts do you like?

This one was pretty good, even though I'd floated the idea a while before.

"So the people the guns failed on, do you think any of them had the guns fail due to vig immunity and not gun failure chance?"

I feel like scum would already know if this were true or not. And if it were true, then they probably wouldn't bring it up again after my post got buried. And if it's false, it's a bad cover strategy because it's not a new idea.

And then I like this one where there's a reluctance to vote gaspy who was town.

A Sometimes Food posted:

I don't like the Gaspy vote and everytime I've conceded and voted to ensure we cuddle someone they've been town. Or I've been scum jumping on a convenient train.

So ##vote Cubical

I'm town too so I mean, it's not ideal, but I feel like scum probably wouldn't actively try and pass up a chance to kill off the harder target (gaspy) if they can get me lynched later easier.

Anyway, ##vote AA for now since I'm town and AA is not town. I'd rather kill scum but as I said before I don't really have any good scum reads.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CubicalSucrose posted:

This one was pretty good, even though I'd floated the idea a while before.

"So the people the guns failed on, do you think any of them had the guns fail due to vig immunity and not gun failure chance?"

I feel like scum would already know if this were true or not. And if it were true, then they probably wouldn't bring it up again after my post got buried. And if it's false, it's a bad cover strategy because it's not a new idea.

And then I like this one where there's a reluctance to vote gaspy who was town.

I'm town too so I mean, it's not ideal, but I feel like scum probably wouldn't actively try and pass up a chance to kill off the harder target (gaspy) if they can get me lynched later easier.

Anyway, ##vote AA for now since I'm town and AA is not town. I'd rather kill scum but as I said before I don't really have any good scum reads.

lol I stand by my casing on you from yesterday.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote sugarcube

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

chaoslord posted:

AA what did you give out last night?

I got my shipment and used it instead. I know who killed jeabus and they have already made a crumb to killing jeabus this day as far as I can tell.

I received a piece of headgear, a green beret and it gave me a 1x tracker that I could use or give away. I used it.

I'm undecided on whether they are town scum or also 3p

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the point of withholding that information then.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh no harm in sharing. It was asiina, and I took her comments as confirmation.

After her push on gaspy it seemed like the move to make.

Also why I shot her with the gun I got this morning.

I assumed that she must have been scum because of how adamantly she sought after cult.

Instead of considering other possibilities I shot the gun and here we both are, and mystery solved.

Scum or town or 3p. Good on ya asiina. Sorry for trying to shoot you.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now we wait to asiina to state their reason.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

imgay posted:

You are a Astrologian.

Factually inaccurate.

I am an Astrologian.

I am the only Astrologian. And if you doubt me, I will recount the divinatory implication of every planet and half a dozen comets and four fixed stars and the dwarf planet Eris and a number of moons and the two unacknowledged astrological signs that cross the plane of the ecliptic. Then I can explain all twelve houses, all twelve signs and the numerological symmetry that ideologically connects signs and houses.

Wanna know about vetic astrology? Wanna know about relocation astrology? Want me to read your Lunar Return? Your Solar Return?

I am the Astrologian.

I will fight you.

Kupo.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I got my shipment and used it instead. I know who killed jeabus and they have already made a crumb to killing jeabus this day as far as I can tell.

I received a piece of headgear, a green beret and it gave me a 1x tracker that I could use or give away. I used it.

What's your wincon again?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CubicalSucrose posted:

What's your wincon again?

They implied survivor which has me... suspicious for several reasons.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

KhediveRex posted:

Factually inaccurate.

I am an Astrologian.

I am the only Astrologian. And if you doubt me, I will recount the divinatory implication of every planet and half a dozen comets and four fixed stars and the dwarf planet Eris and a number of moons and the two unacknowledged astrological signs that cross the plane of the ecliptic. Then I can explain all twelve houses, all twelve signs and the numerological symmetry that ideologically connects signs and houses.

Wanna know about vetic astrology? Wanna know about relocation astrology? Want me to read your Lunar Return? Your Solar Return?

I am the Astrologian.

I will fight you.

Kupo.

oh ur still in this game

i forgot

( :ironicat: )

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

so ur a shopkeeper who's 3p objective is to give away all your goods but you can instead use them? and you used a watch because that would somehow help you as a 3p survivorish role?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

flerp posted:

oh ur still in this game

i forgot

( :ironicat: )

I haven't forgotten about you flerp.

You've made a lasting impression on me.

I think about you every day. And wistfully remember the times we've shared.

Kupo.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

KhediveRex posted:

I haven't forgotten about you flerp.

You've made a lasting impression on me.

I think about you every day. And wistfully remember the times we've shared.

Kupo.

my apologies

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Eh no harm in sharing. It was asiina, and I took her comments as confirmation.

After her push on gaspy it seemed like the move to make.

Also why I shot her with the gun I got this morning.

I assumed that she must have been scum because of how adamantly she sought after cult.

Instead of considering other possibilities I shot the gun and here we both are, and mystery solved.

Scum or town or 3p. Good on ya asiina. Sorry for trying to shoot you.

Hmm, no I did not do this.

I took no action last night.

I wish I killed Jeabus.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Also:

*Places a single rose petal on gaspy's grave.*

Merk whatcha thinking?

Toalpaz, you got your information, what are you think?

KB my rear end is no longer part of my body, it is laughed off.

I don’t really know yet. Haven’t caught up on today beyond a skim.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

So you received items and used them in the same night as receiving them? That... doesn't seem right.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Soooo Jeabus was killed with flavour. Is one single black mage willing to step forward to toad Asiina tonight? (it would be ideal to plan ahead so as to not waste toads)

If she's not the sk, the real sk would have to withhold not just one but two kills to not reveal themselves as not-Asiina, and I see that as a good trade.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

Hmm, no I did not do this.

I took no action last night.

I wish I killed Jeabus.

Hmm all other suspicion aside. I don't know what to make of this.

My first reaction would be to say. Well you have to be lying, but also why would you not claim jeabus and try to spin it if you were scum and had been called out for it.

Or acknowledge it as town.....

:thunk:

To everyone else:
Wincon survive
Track not watch
28 player game survivor needs some utility
I can use or distribute same night I receive because I order them a full night phase in advance.

Anything I miss?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And if the sk doesn't withhold in that case, we've caught aa in a lie (unless redirects happened)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Dancer posted:

Soooo Jeabus was killed with flavour. Is one single black mage willing to step forward to toad Asiina tonight? (it would be ideal to plan ahead so as to not waste toads)

If she's not the sk, the real sk would have to withhold not just one but two kills to not reveal themselves as not-Asiina, and I see that as a good trade.

I'd be fine with that.

I'm not sure if AA was redirected or he's just lying or maybe his track was unreliable. :v:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Asiina

Lied last game as 3p too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

##vote Asiina

You mean where I claimed most of my role completely accurately except pretended I had some night protection and then won the game for town?

merk, where is this "kill all 3Ps" policyvoting for AA?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

##vote Asiina

merk posted:

I don’t really know yet. Haven’t caught up on today beyond a skim.

Pretty messed up to throw down such a strong accusation on merely a skim.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And merk, from previous experience (e.g. Westworld) is really really anti-3P. Yeah, it's weird that he just keeps ignoring AA for so long. I'm happy with this vote.

##vote merk

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Unrelated, ye gods is it possible for Sugarcube to make one single post that's not the most suspicious post in the entire thread.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I could believe it's merk being lazy about casing. I don't know if his ignoring AA means that they're together, although I don't think he'd be that blatant about it.

I honestly though would rather ##vote sugarcube.

I was focused on finding the cult recruiter yesterday, but I do agree they're probably scum. The connection to GX, the complete lack of opinions, the whole "I'm town and they say they're town so they must be town" just rings hollow for me. Like there's new person innocence that gets a pass from me most of the time, but this is pretty beyond.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Asiina posted:

I could believe it's merk being lazy about casing. I don't know if his ignoring AA means that they're together, although I don't think he'd be that blatant about it.

I honestly though would rather ##vote sugarcube.

I was focused on finding the cult recruiter yesterday, but I do agree they're probably scum. The connection to GX, the complete lack of opinions, the whole "I'm town and they say they're town so they must be town" just rings hollow for me. Like there's new person innocence that gets a pass from me most of the time, but this is pretty beyond.

lol the timing

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

And here I thought my case was just remarkably convincing jeez.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’d vote AA too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

:thunk:

To everyone else:
Wincon survive
Track not watch
28 player game survivor needs some utility
I can use or distribute same night I receive because I order them a full night phase in advance.

Anything I miss?

So hang on, you put in for stock N1, got it N2 and used it. Did you put in for more stock also on N2? Are you going to do that N3 and get it N4?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

So hang on, you put in for stock N1, got it N2 and used it. Did you put in for more stock also on N2? Are you going to do that N3 and get it N4?

Yes. Random protective tonight.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're getting some sort of protective item to give away or use tonight? Is that what you mean?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

merk posted:

##vote Asiina

Why is Asiina 3p? Did I miss something?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

You're getting some sort of protective item to give away or use tonight? Is that what you mean?

I can't keep up this ruse. I'm just a survivor joat essentially. An engineer in class. I started with 1x BP and parts to make an item. I make an item first night and use it the second.

I was just trying to get some blanket protection by claiming open benefit to everyone. New strats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Dancer posted:

Unrelated, ye gods is it possible for Sugarcube to make one single post that's not the most suspicious post in the entire thread.

Unlikely. So here's the deal right now. I'm a town Knight. This gives me a 1-shot cop. Scum knights get a 1-shot rolecop. We're getting two lurker flips and we know AA is not town, so I'm not super concerned about personally actively scumhunting today since I'll cop someone tonight and get a better read tomorrow.

Now, assuming that there are scum black mages, and assume I don't get lynched, and assuming there's a town white mage, then here's what I propose: Scum probably wants me to not cop them but also probably thinks I'll get lynched eventually, so probably would want to Toad me. Another assumption is around order of resolution. I'm guessing that if I try and cop someone tonight and I get toaded but I also get white maged, then my cop will still go through? Better use of a white mage power since it saves me two night actions instead of just one (assuming I still haven't given out my gun because no one will tell me the mechanic).

Yes I'm asking for a town compatriot to potentially waste a power. Yes, that sounds scummy.

• Locked thread