Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
grahms! dees pepple. thar hairshing ma boozz!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
a snype for the ages.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

leave elong alone!!11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlwgKvC14kY

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

kanye west makes even less sense than i do.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

President Beep posted:

kanye west makes even less sense than i do.

quote:

Poopy-di scoop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop
Poop-di-scoopty
Scoopty-whoop
Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop
Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop
Poop, poop
Scoop-diddy-whoop
Whoop-diddy-scoop
Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh, yeah. forgot i posted that. never mind...

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
tired and busted: the truth is in the middle
wired hotness: good faith evaluation of an dispute on its merits, not mindless triangulation
galaxy brain suffering from BPD: US bad ==> NK good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beamed posted:

this isn't the thread for it but tbh this is way better to read than the 400th "grahms weed" joke

get out

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's important for art students to learn that the most successful artist of their time is a broke-brained wealthy creep

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Beamed posted:

this isn't the thread for it but tbh this is way better to read than the 400th "grahms weed" joke

look, 19 more of these and it'll be a really good 420 weed gram joke just vie us a few weeks ok

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

"Stymie" posted:

Extra spicy on october 3rd lmao

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 3, 2018

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

i do prefer the graahhms posts

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

a redditor wrote a 5 year review of his model s
his good is four short points that boil down to "i like to drive it"

he then writes several paragraphs about how the interior is falling apart and poorly designed, it's been unreliable, and the software needs to be regularly rebooted
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/9l3vfr/my_model_s_5_years_later_i_really_shouldnt_like_it/

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
guess i'll xpost this here too

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Endless Mike posted:

he then writes several paragraphs about how the interior is falling apart and poorly designed, it's been unreliable, and the software needs to be regularly rebooted
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/9l3vfr/my_model_s_5_years_later_i_really_shouldnt_like_it/

The good: "no more dealing with ICELIE things like smog and oil changes"

what

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
off the top of my head i can see that they left out a radiation shelter or any mention of shielding

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

apparently if you drive a tesla, smog dissipates from your immediate vicinity

mystes
May 31, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

This would be a problem if they ran out of rich idiots to sell to and had to sell to normal people, but luckily their cars fall apart so quickly that they can just keep selling new cars to the same rich idiots every couple years.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You don't get repeat customers by making things last forever.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

where's the 6 feet of lead shielding

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
btw

it was made by a bazinga who was frustrated that ol musky didn't have any sketches available of his mars vehicle he totally already has planned out and under construction and will ready to begin testing next year

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

gschmidl posted:

The good: "no more dealing with ICELIE things like smog and oil changes"

what

I think he means the California smog inspections.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

off the top of my head i can see that they left out a radiation shelter or any mention of shielding

personally, I'm a big fan of the heat shield and landing gear being on opposite ends of the ship

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

from the same series

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

where's lando's custom cape closet

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

Main Paineframe posted:

personally, I'm a big fan of the heat shield and landing gear being on opposite ends of the ship

i'm sure the flaps on those tiny wings will be able to spin it around in the martian atmosphere

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mr Scoop posted:

i'm sure the flaps on those tiny wings will be able to spin it around in the martian atmosphere

I was thinking the same thing

The only types of air vehicles that can work on Mars (less than 1% of Earth atmospheric pressure) are giant delicate sailplanes or vectored rockets. The space shuttle could barely fly on Earth and it had much bigger wings and a hundred times the air

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sagebrush posted:

The only types of air vehicles that can work on Mars (less than 1% of Earth atmospheric pressure) are giant delicate sailplanes or vectored rockets. The space shuttle could barely fly on Earth and it had much bigger wings and a hundred times the air

some "i fuckin love science" types probably think that mars has an earth-lite atmosphere just because the sky is colorful (e: sorta) in photos

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

to make a bigger rocket you just 10x all the measurements and call it a day right? surely nothing more complicated than that

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

muckswirler posted:

to make a bigger rocket you just 10x all the measurements and call it a day right? surely nothing more complicated than that

well that does result in a bigger rocket

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Combat Theory posted:

from the same series

man i used to love these things as a kid

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

some "i fuckin love science" types probably think that mars has an earth-lite atmosphere just because the sky is colorful (e: sorta) in photos

we call those people bazingas

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

yeah but i hate that loving word even with its correct negative denotation

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

something something your mom's musk's dildo has arrived

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i love taking a shell from a presentation and plagiarizing all my favorite scifi bits into it

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Combat Theory posted:

from the same series

yeah baby

It's not a real starship unless your fuel tank can be called a magazine.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

if you're going fast enough then even martian atmosphere exerts some force. i think the fins are mostly just to help keep it stable, not to provide any significant lift.

that said, like all spacex propaganda, i'll believe it when i see it. i'm mildly surprised we even saw falcon heavy. i'm kinda curious if BFR ever takes off but i'm not assuming it's going to happen like so many spacex fans do.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
[quote="Combat Theory" post="488551936"]
from the same series
/quote]

nerdy grade 8 me had this one of the enterprise in my bedroom

always bugged me that the strut to the port nacelle was some W shape rather than a simple curve like it obviously ought to be. :fishmech:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

always bugged me that the strut to the port nacelle was some W shape rather than a simple curve like it obviously ought to be. :fishmech:

seriously. wtf is up with that?