Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It also didn't help that I was probably dreading the musical episode on account of hating 90% of the Josie and the Pussycat covers/any covers in the show and expecting it to be more of that lmfao. Luckily it wasn't, but it wasn't great either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I completely skipped the musical episode and didn't miss out on anything

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Are you kidding? The overweight girl really proved that it's not about what you look like, it's about who you are inside :allears:

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jul 24, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Propaganda Machine posted:

The ending was pretty good.

Yeah, the ending had me shook. The musical episode is in a really weird space for me where I loved everything in it ... other than the numbers, which mostly made my skin crawl lmao

If there's one thing I'll say about the musical episode, it's that I really loving appreciated it still being integral to the actual plot of the season, rather than like a throwaway thing or gag like most musical episodes of a series are.

e: dat quick edit tho queen

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Any time Veronica sings is a bad time

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aw geez, I just realized I must have bad taste because I like all of the shows music :saddowns:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

The Duggler posted:

I completely skipped the musical episode and didn't miss out on anything

Except the last minute which is in the top 5 moments of the show??

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I really thought Jughead's documentary tape was going to be way more of a thing than it ended up being. Even if it was something really silly like the black hood being half in frame like he was Michel Myers and they all freak out watching it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Right, I thought it would have clues as to who murdered Midge not just evidence that she was banging multiple gay boys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Right, I thought it would have clues as to who murdered Midge not just evidence that she was banging multiple gay boys.

Wait, did they not actually reveal who killed her? I thought it was Hal?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah but the video had nothing to do with it and also I don't think Hal did it, I just think he wanted the reward money for his family. His sudden confession thing and then just waiting for the cops was kinda weird.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah but the video had nothing to do with it and also I don't think Hal did it, I just think he wanted the reward money for his family. His sudden confession thing and then just waiting for the cops was kinda weird.

Season was wrapping up after all.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

^^^^^Yeah it really felt like "We'll just say it was Hal and fix it next season if we come up with anything better"

Which I'd rather not since I'm well over the Black Hood at this point

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Watch out! A POIsonous snake!
End of the season is pretty much "so the children learned how to function as a society, and eventually they were rescued by, oh, let's say... Moe."

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
What the beautiful gently caress is this implying

https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/1029381504890109953

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Archie the warlock.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

There's no way Archie plays anything but a human Fighter.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

What the beautiful gently caress is this implying

https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/1029381504890109953

That they're doing a Dungeons and Dragons episode. Everybody does them now. D&D and musical episodes are the new cliche for single camera shows.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Im little late to the party, but is anyone else thinking that the farm is gonna introduced to Sabrina at all or am I reading too much into this.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

screenwritersblues posted:

Im little late to the party, but is anyone else thinking that the farm is gonna introduced to Sabrina at all or am I reading too much into this.

I think they've confirmed that Sabrina is going to exist wholly on its own, rather than be introduced via a crossover like we all first thought-- and they initially hinted iirc that she would be in S2 but then wasn't, lol.

They did say something about another spinoff being made tho so maybe that will come up in S3?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just have a more comics-styled version of Sabrina show up on Riverdale, giving the actual Sabrina show an excuse to do Afterlife with Archie and actually kill them off as they're guest stars.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mameluke posted:

Just have a more comics-styled version of Sabrina show up on Riverdale, giving the actual Sabrina show an excuse to do Afterlife with Archie and actually kill them off as they're guest stars.

I would be hella down for this if they treat each show in the Riverdale cinematic universe or w/e as its own take on different styles of telling the Archie/Sabrina stories.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I'm sure Melissa Joan Hart can still play a spunky teen

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Here's the first trailer for next season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMju1TwdFeA

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The cult imagery looks dope.

The 'everyone is a serpent' part does not.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shneak posted:

The cult imagery looks dope.

The 'everyone is a serpent' part does not.

:emptyquote:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

All Sex Archie's cult dreams are finally coming true.

Also, that Satanic cult stuff better lead to a cross over with Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Bonus points if one of the Riverdale main cast fucks the devil for magic powers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CottonWolf posted:

Also, that Satanic cult stuff better lead to a cross over with Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Bonus points if one of the Riverdale main cast fucks the devil for magic powers.

It would be Cheryl.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I can't wait for this terrible show that I love with all my heart

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It would be Cheryl.

Almost. The devil has sex with Cheryl so HE can get magic powers.

Cheryl has all the power she needs.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
https://twitter.com/archiecomics/status/1039877135555538946

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh drat, they're shooting seasons 1 and 2 back to back lmao. I wonder if that means we'll get a shorter release cycle or still be waiting a year for the second to drop.

I also wonder if it'll be a weekly release or a binge drop.

e: o poo poo miranda otto is aunt zelda :discourse:

esperterra fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 12, 2018

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
https://twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/1040240430238064640

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Cats and Satan and skulls are extremely my poo poo

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Here it is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab_rXrgk5R4

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

This looks so loving ridiculous and I can’t wait.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey remember when Riley Keough tweeted that she just wanted to be cast in Riverdale?

Well, http://www.vulture.com/amp/2018/09/riverdale-season-3-riley-keough-cast.html

Vulture posted:

Vulture can exclusively report that Keough has been cast in an upcoming episode of the teen drama as a mysterious woman named Laurie Lake. Her character is described as an “all-American farm girl” who takes in Archie (KJ Apa) and Jughead (Cole Sprouse) after they wander onto her property in need of shelter, but what starts as a warm and possibly flirtatious interaction twists into a situation that presents “more danger than they could have imagined.”

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ey...that Sabrina 'aint got no teeth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhJRGAhz3rY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm insanely loving here for Sabrina after that trailer, goddamn does it look fun on a bun. Kiernan Shipka sold every line like she was living her best life.

• Locked thread